I'm waiting till after tomorrow (With the big Apple announcement), but I think I want a Droid Car Dock. I drive a tow truck, and it would be good to have access to my phone, navigation, and keeping it safe all at the same time.

Tell me your thoughts on it. How sturdy is it? How does it work exactly? Cqn I keep the Droid plugged in to a car charger while it's in the dock?
    01-26-10 10:49 AM
    Are you asking to buy it from someone, or SELL you on it?

It's a great accessory in the car. Recommended for sure.
    It's pretty sturdy, shakes a bit depending on the road you are on. Docking the app opens the car home application, and yes you can plug in a charger into the port.
    01-26-10 11:05 AM
    It's basically like the GPS window mounts. Stick it on the window, push the tab to lock it on and put the droid in it. It also comes with an adhesive pad to mount it on your dash. You can have the Droid vertical or horizontal and change the angle of it so you can see it better. As long as your charger reaches to where you have the mount, you can charge your phone. If your have the Droid in landscape, you'll need to have the mount higher up off of the dash since the charging port will be on the bottom and the microusb adapter sticks out a little.
    01-26-10 11:19 AM
    Are you asking to buy it from someone, or SELL you on it?

It's a great accessory in the car. Recommended for sure.
    It's pretty sturdy, shakes a bit depending on the road you are on. Docking the app opens the car home application, and yes you can plug in a charger into the port.
    Well, if someone has one they want to sell, that would be cool. But, I was looking to be sold on it..lol
    01-26-10 11:30 AM
    a nice accessory to have if you want a dock designed specifically for the droid...and you don't use a case, or don't mind taking the case off when using the dock.

things i like about it: automatically opens the nav app when you put it in the dock, doesn't block the charging port, two piece construction-the dock piece the phone clips into can be separated from the part that attaches to the screen or the dash, it's sturdy, wide range of adjustment. can't think of too much i don't like about it, i guess it could be less $$ but for $30 it's not bad.

you may need to get an extension cord for the travel charger to reach the phone depending on where you mount it.

seidio also makes a dock that is compatible with or without a case, but it's $20 more than the motorola dock.
    01-26-10 01:32 PM
    The seidio dock also comes with a car charger if I'm not mistaken. It also can't be used vertical but it's made like the home dock and you won't have to plug/unplug your droid anytime you put it in or take it out.

Innotraveler Car Kit
    Keep your hands on the wheel and stay productive with our convenient Innotraveler Car Kit. This model keeps your Motorola Droid charged and ready to go and even works with our Innocases.

- Includes cradle, suction cup pedestal, car charger, locking plate and Mini-USB (male) to USB (female) adapter
    - Charges and securely holds your Droid in landscape mode for wider map viewing and access to the sliding keyboard*
    - Features our signature soft touch coating for a smooth feel
    - Removable accessory plate for use with our Innocases
    - Compatible with our Innocell 2600mAh Extended Life Battery
    - Charge external devices or accessories with the Mini-USB output
    01-26-10 01:38 PM
    Car docks are for chicks. Real men put it in a cupholder or console. No suction cups. No beanbags. Just my .02.
    01-26-10 02:10 PM
    Car docks are for chicks. Real men put it in a cupholder or console. No suction cups. No beanbags. Just my .02.
    Yeah...I'd rather not have my $600 device not hopping and shaking around in a solid frame tow truck...
    01-26-10 03:56 PM

...former 8100 user.
    the irony.
    01-26-10 04:40 PM
    Yeah...I'd rather not have my $600 device not hopping and shaking around in a solid frame tow truck...
    I have mine in the car dock for DROID sold by Verizon W/ Verizon car charger......It is awesome mine is mounted on the dash,no vibration it stays tight.(my truck takes a beatin) Can be rotated into horizontal and verticle and also left and right.

I have the car dock app. thats puts it into speaker mode on phone calls...AWESOME.
    01-26-10 04:55 PM
    I'm waiting till after tomorrow (With the big Apple announcement), but I think I want a Droid Car Dock. I drive a tow truck, and it would be good to have access to my phone, navigation, and keeping it safe all at the same time.

Tell me your thoughts on it. How sturdy is it? How does it work exactly? Cqn I keep the Droid plugged in to a car charger while it's in the dock?
    I just bought it today excellent. If u drive a tow truck for a living it is a must have
    01-26-10 08:48 PM
    [QUOTE=BzB;4563391]a nice accessory to have if you want a dock designed specifically for the droid...and you don't use a case, or don't mind taking the case off when using the dock.

I have the hard rubber case I decided to go without the back cover on it because the front is most important to me. I didn't have to take the front cover off to mount it.
    01-26-10 08:51 PM
    Well I will just have to be gettin in touch with my inner chick then.
    Besides it's nice to have it right up front when you're driving and checking traffic. If I don't go with the Nexus one when it comes out I will pop for that sedio car mount
    01-26-10 08:56 PM
    I did have to take of the front cover for a more secure fit
    01-26-10 11:17 PM
    I did have to take of the front cover for a more secure fit
    Really, I've been using it with just the back of the hard rubber case removed with no problems.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-26-10 11:23 PM
    Just picked it up yesterday...I'm GLAD I bought it. It works fantastic, and I can watch youtube too!
    01-27-10 11:38 PM
    Just picked it up yesterday...I'm GLAD I bought it. It works fantastic, and I can watch youtube too!
    Lol that sounds like a good plan while driving joking.

But I need to look into buying one maybe, I still just keep it on my lap while driving and getting directions.
    01-28-10 01:12 AM
    Ah I should've seen this earlier, I still have one with the portable bean bag dash attachment for gps units.
    01-28-10 12:04 PM

Here, check this out:
    In Depth REVIEW...VZN Wireless Snap-On Cover & Mount Combo PLUS Car Dock MOD! - Droid Forum - Verizon Droid & the Motorola Droid Forum

This even comes with a seidio online feeling soft rubberized case....
    01-28-10 05:10 PM
    Real men.....

They live in Arizona.

BTW, real men drive cars without cup holders.
    Does your car also have a flower sticking out of the dash too?
    01-28-10 05:12 PM
    I live in hotrizona
    01-29-10 05:21 PM
    I have a garmin gps that usually stays fastened to the windshield but I know of two occasions that the suction broke and it fell. I would hate to see my droid take such abuse. Any horror stories with the mount or is it built like superman? I can say the speaker is nice and loud and I had left the garmin at the house by accident and ended up using the turn by turn directions of the droid while it was in my case on my hip and could hear it clearly
    01-29-10 11:48 PM
    I have a garmin gps that usually stays fastened to the windshield but I know of two occasions that the suction broke and it fell. I would hate to see my droid take such abuse. Any horror stories with the mount or is it built like superman? I can say the speaker is nice and loud and I had left the garmin at the house by accident and ended up using the turn by turn directions of the droid while it was in my case on my hip and could hear it clearly
    Actually I live in Wyoming and the weather is damn cold. I have had the mount fall from the windshield twice, but neither time I was in the car so luckily neither was my Droid. But on the note it was mounted on my left by my window and one day I had the phone in the mount and was driving around with the window down and realized that if the mount came loose my phone might very well go out the window so I moved it. And also I have a TomTom that I used all the time and the Droid has replaced that.
    01-30-10 05:20 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD