Or you could just use the Apple App Store, BlackBerry App World, or Windows Phone Store and be confident that the apps you're downloading aren't 50% malware.

2/3 of the technical support I provide to my Android-using friends is helping them figure out which top-rated app they downloaded that is hijacking their Twitter account and using it to send spam to their contacts, or turning their Android phone into a spam hub and sending out 4 gigs of spam per month.
    I guess Googe wil have to deal with that if/when it occurs.

List the top-rated apps that hijacked your friends social network accounts. Seriously.
    reeneebob likes this.
    01-29-13 01:06 PM
    Or you could just use the Apple App Store, BlackBerry App World, or Windows Phone Store and be confident that the apps you're downloading aren't 50% malware.

2/3 of the technical support I provide to my Android-using friends is helping them figure out which top-rated app they downloaded that is hijacking their Twitter account and using it to send spam to their contacts, or turning their Android phone into a spam hub and sending out 4 gigs of spam per month.
    ... Really.

App names please.

I had to get the red SGS3...garnet is my birthstone! Excuses sent via Tapatalk 2
    01-29-13 03:52 PM
    I''m not sure...is the guy holding the leaked game holding a Samsung Galaxy Note?
    01-29-13 04:13 PM
    What kinds of users are these people who are getting hacked? More importantly what things are they doing and NOT admitting to?

I've contracted one virus over 20 years on my computers. And I do plenty of things on them. Very high Internet use of all kinds. Just one virus. That was 1990s.

After 2 years using a rooted android phone, not one single occurrence of anything. No calls from telemarketing, no extra email spam, absolutely zero evidence of my info being sold to advertisers. Zero malware occurrences.
    02-01-13 11:06 PM
    Still waiting on those app names.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2
    02-02-13 01:30 AM
    Still waiting on those app names.
    Not gonna happen simply because it's not true (which we all know).
    02-04-13 12:19 PM
    Apples and oranges as far as banking goes.... all forms of on line banking have encrytion so from that standpoint security is not and issue... My concern with Android is that I may get a keylogger.. which does nothing but watch and logs what you key... sends it back to its originator... so if you enter a credit card number you are at risk... also as I value my personal information I would not and do not use Google products as it mines your data at an incredible rate... not to say other services do not but nothing on the scale of Google...
    02-04-13 12:30 PM
    Apples and oranges as far as banking goes.... all forms of on line banking have encrytion so from that standpoint security is not and issue... My concern with Android is that I may get a keylogger.. which does nothing but watch and logs what you key... sends it back to its originator... so if you enter a credit card number you are at risk... also as I value my personal information I would not and do not use Google products as it mines your data at an incredible rate... not to say other services do not but nothing on the scale of Google...
    Copy/paste works wonders for a lot of sites, and for regular sites, they'll remember your CC number and you just need to enter your password. Of course the threat exists, but i'm more worried about skimming machines at stores,banks,etc than I am key loggers.
    02-05-13 09:42 AM
83 ... 234