I've used so many devices over the years and have yet to experience a single issue regarding moisture of any kind. Don't get me wrong, all tech should be water proof, but it's not a reason to buy a device at this point.
    02-23-16 12:56 AM
    S7 and Priv are different devices . Priv being PKB and VKB caters to select group of customers. S7 launching has shortened the life cycle of s6 ranges which was hitherto doing well. Launching successor of s6 in such short interval might boomerang as well. S7 to me looks like old wine in new bottle IMHO.
    02-23-16 01:47 AM
    I've used so many devices over the years and have yet to experience a single issue regarding moisture of any kind. Don't get me wrong, all tech should be water proof, but it's not a reason to buy a device at this point.
    I agree with you on that point, it's not a single selling feature alone. But when you couple it with a phone that bests other every Android phone on the market its a pretty great feature to throw in there.
    Greenghost likes this.
    02-23-16 05:15 AM
    MWC was dull. Take for instance Huawei $199 for metal 1080p device contract free the only BAD is software I hate skins.

The reality is we never needed to upgrade our devices every year. Before the leaps where actually "wow" factors but now that the market has materialized, we are BORED, MOST people don't care about the latest and greatest phones. The ones who do are BORED. THE upgrades have become predictable

I saw on Facebook someone post they "finally" got a new phone.... That *new , phone was an LG Stylo......

The s7 is no iPhone, I have NEVER thought of owning an iPhone. The "status quo" that used to come with it, just reminded me of how silly people are with "Jordan's" I always wanted to have my own opinion.

Even if I later like the iPhone I would never join that heard of sheep it's just ridiculous, branding great marketing and credulous people made the iPhone pop. The s6 to the s7 pulled a Apple stunt but they are no Apple!

The decline in sales so they "add" micro SD essentially to the same s6 they did away with. I'm sure all the features on the s7 could be on the s6. Had the sales proven successful they would have kept the non removable battery and no SD.

I bet once the s7 sales bad, the s8 will bring back removable battery.

Finally products are predictable. Unless they totally break tradition you already know what the note 6 is gonna look like: similar to s7, "improved* S-Pen, SD card, and still no removable battery (sigh).
    Yawwwnn. Yearly updated devices should be spaced out to allow time for true innovative solutions to mature. And I'm tired of bloatware of any kind and these skins that delay you have having current software
    02-23-16 06:06 AM
    Not sure what kind of toilets you use, but mine start of with just water in them.
    http://theutopiantech.com/3-reasons-...reality-check/

Z10 10.3.2.2639 via CB10
    02-23-16 07:45 AM
    That article said nothing about toilets, and was pretty pointless with 0 examples of phone failure.

I replied to someone that said the phone wasn't urine proof. You can drop it in a toilet and pick it back up and be fine.

Posted via CB10
    02-23-16 07:54 AM
    Sweet, so you're at MWC then? Did you get to play with the G5? If so, how do you think the devices compare? Have fun there!
    I'm not at MWC. I know someone that works works for Samsung, they got their live demo units the day of the announcement so I got to spend some time with each of the phones.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    02-23-16 08:11 AM
    S7 and Priv are different devices . Priv being PKB and VKB caters to select group of customers. S7 launching has shortened the life cycle of s6 ranges which was hitherto doing well. Launching successor of s6 in such short interval might boomerang as well. S7 to me looks like old wine in new bottle IMHO.
    it's the industry and competition that is pushing phone manufacturers to release phones with minor innovations really, i can't recall any major innovations in recent years
    02-23-16 08:39 AM
    G5 is innovative no doubt but I find the form factor better on the S7 minus the glass back though both will be slippery phones. Wireless charging, fast focus camera and waterproof are stand out features I prefer over a removable battery not to mention I like AMOLED better than IPS.
    I agree, the S7 just kinda of "fixed" the problems of the old S6 with bigger battery, and Sd-card slot, while boosting other features a bit. Seems like a phone that you almost don't see anything to complain, I just don't find it ground-breaking in any way, I don't see a stand out feature. With that, If I was looking for a smartphone, I might pick the S7, can't spot much wrong with it.
    02-23-16 09:13 AM
    Wow the s7 is going to be expensive

Posted via CB10
    02-23-16 09:58 AM

Posted via CB10
    And THAT is it's main problem.... the market has changed, I don't think anyones Flagship is going to sell in the number they did back when Carrier's gave away phones or heavily subsidised them.

But that's also why you see Galaxy 4 and and Galaxy 5 still being sold.....and I assume manufactured.
    02-23-16 10:40 AM
    One thing we all can agree on is how efficient Samsung is between announcing the device and releasing it on carriers.

Posted via CB10
    02-23-16 10:57 AM
    No it won't. even as a hardcore bb fan, I am kind of moved by the S7. Even if it did flop, the numbers will still be higher than all BB10 + Priv sales numbers.
    02-23-16 11:59 AM
    And THAT is it's main problem.... the market has changed, I don't think anyones Flagship is going to sell in the number they did back when Carrier's gave away phones or heavily subsidised them.

But that's also why you see Galaxy 4 and and Galaxy 5 still being sold.....and I assume manufactured.
    that's true, most carriers still carry the S4, G3, iphone4 or 5 still...you would think that these will be gone by now
    02-23-16 12:28 PM
    Flop? Wouldn't take that bet. Read somewhere the S7 is dropping in 60 countries on March 11. Samsung comes out with both barrels blazing always, unlike Blackberry. The largest carrier in the US won't even have it till after it's old news 6 months later.
    02-23-16 12:39 PM
    OP
    i agree apple like smasung just does the same thing over and over and the company is a complete failure why stick with what works
    xtremeled likes this.
    02-23-16 01:03 PM
    Youre delusional if you think this phone is going to flop. There is potential to not sell as many as the S6 but I still wouldn't call that a flop.

OP, why don't you tell us what exactly would be a flop for the S7???
    02-23-16 01:08 PM
    ORRRR... and this might sound crazy... just don't hold your Priv above or near an open toilet.

I know! #MindBlown right?
    Or... this may sound even crazier... just go back to use flip phones. That thing can also make calls wirelessly.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2339
    02-23-16 01:16 PM
    In my opinion I think the Samsung Galaxy s7 will flop it's the same old touch wiz and old transfered design language they used already. It's nothing new like blackberry brung to the table I get it not alot of people might not like the Priv but aleast Blackberry hasn't used this design twice with just minor updates like Samsung I can still pull this phone out my pocket and get positive remarks from a apple and Samsung user it's like driving a car no one has really.

Blackburberry_Priv
    Personally I'm liking the upgrades on the S7. Looks very good. Bringing back the SD card is also huge IMO.

I am torn between the Priv and the S7. While I love BlackBerry the S7 is closer to my Z30 as I don't really need a qwerty.

Posted via  BlackBerry Z30
    02-23-16 01:18 PM

Posted via CB10
    Yep. It's a top shelf phone. BlackBerry should cut prices $200.

02-23-16 01:19 PM
    This is at Telus. the priv is still at $410

Pre-order available Samsung Galaxy S7 32GB

Samsung Galaxy S7 32GB
    $400
    Starting at $80 per month on a 2-year plan1
    No term: $900
    Compare
    Pre-order available Samsung Galaxy S7 edge 32GB

Samsung Galaxy S7 edge 32GB
    $500
    Starting at $80 per month on a 2-year plan1
    No term: $1,000
    Compare
    02-23-16 01:24 PM
    In my opinion I think the Samsung Galaxy s7 will flop it's the same old touch wiz and old transfered design language they used already. It's nothing new like blackberry brung to the table I get it not alot of people might not like the Priv but aleast Blackberry hasn't used this design twice with just minor updates like Samsung I can still pull this phone out my pocket and get positive remarks from a apple and Samsung user it's like driving a car no one has really.

Blackburberry_Priv
    Your buying kool aid by the 50 gallon drum. Ironic that you would be prophesying failure of a smartphone on a BB forum. I was a loyal BB follower and this company let me down time after time after time since around 2007. BB has not has a single successful launch since that time. In fact if you took every single phone that they have launched since that year it doesn't even equal the sales of Galaxy s6 or iPhone sales in a month. Hell, It doesn't equal iPhone sales on launch day. Brand loyalty is one thing but BB has been a disappointment for almost a decade. Remember the Z10? I bought one when it was released KNOWING that it had some major issues. Issues like random rebooting and a lack of apps. I wanted this company to survive. Sometimes you just need to face reality. I believe it's time for you to do this son.
    02-23-16 01:54 PM
    This is at Telus. the priv is still at $410

Pre-order available Samsung Galaxy S7 32GB

Samsung Galaxy S7 32GB
    $400
    This is why BlackBerry needs to cut Priv prices. It's been 3 months or so and S7 can't be the same price as Priv now. S6 prices will be dropping.

02-23-16 03:49 PM
    The S7 brought back the stuff everyone complained about being removed in the S6 short of a removable battery, which I think people are starting to move on from in general. This thing is gonna sell like a monster, no doubt about it.
    02-23-16 03:59 PM
    Or... this may sound even crazier... just go back to use flip phones. That thing can also make calls wirelessly.
    Get yourself a S6 then... Samsung W2016 Dual-Display Android Flip Phone With 3GB RAM Launched | NDTV Gadgets360.com
    02-23-16 04:02 PM
127 12345 ...