In my opinion I think the Samsung Galaxy s7 will flop it's the same old touch wiz and old transfered design language they used already. It's nothing new like blackberry brung to the table I get it not alot of people might not like the Priv but aleast Blackberry hasn't used this design twice with just minor updates like Samsung I can still pull this phone out my pocket and get positive remarks from a apple and Samsung user it's like driving a car no one has really.

Blackburberry_Priv
    Snappy Phoenix likes this.
    02-22-16 05:14 PM
    Well, if they sell anything near Priv numbers then it will be a total flop.
    02-22-16 05:19 PM
    Who needs 6 sentences when you can make it into 2? (I'm teasing: your post needs some punctuation.)

While I personally agree with your preference of Priv over Samsung TouchWiz, I highly doubt this device will flop. I'm sure the Galaxy S7 will sell on a different order of magnitude than the Priv, unfortunately.
    Last edited by Elite1; 02-25-16 at 12:27 PM.
    02-22-16 05:22 PM
    Drop your priv in the priv and see how waterproof it is. S7 looks dope to me.

Posted via CB10 on PPSE
    CyberMan2013 likes this.
    02-22-16 05:48 PM
    Drop your priv in the priv and see how waterproof it is. S7 looks dope to me.
    ORRRR... and this might sound crazy... just don't hold your Priv above or near an open toilet.

I know! #MindBlown right?
    02-22-16 05:52 PM
    Everybody's used to Samsung and they'll just drone through their upgrades without any consideration beyond what the clueless sales people say and all the advertising. Samsung clientele doesn't need to think for themselves. They'll just buy into whatever Samsung says.

BlackBerry users seek out BlackBerry, BlackBerry doesn't seem to seek out users. That has to change.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    02-22-16 06:02 PM
    I opened up my physical keyboard for this.

tnewton3 likes this.
    02-22-16 06:04 PM
    Drop your priv in the priv and see how waterproof it is.
    It's water proof, not urine proof.

Z10 10.3.2.2639 via CB10
    heepman and Thud Hardsmack like this.
    02-22-16 06:16 PM
    It's water proof, not urine proof.

Z10 10.3.2.2639 via CB10
    Not sure what kind of toilets you use, but mine start of with just water in them.
    skinnymike1 likes this.
    02-22-16 06:21 PM
    Sorry but the s7 will blow the priv away...unfortunately I was waiting for priv to drop in price and see where blackberry is gonna go...but it doesn't look good so far..as to why I'm gonna go with the s7

Posted via CB10
    MehdiQ and CyberMan2013 like this.
    02-22-16 06:24 PM
    ORRRR... and this might sound crazy... just don't hold your Priv above or near an open toilet.

I know! #MindBlown right?
    Right then... Because a loo is the only possible way for your device to be introduced to water....

02-22-16 06:25 PM
    lol it's crazy season already?
    02-22-16 06:27 PM
    LOL. Really, bro?

techvisor likes this.
    02-22-16 06:35 PM
    They've changed Touchwiz from what it was back on the older phones. It has more customization options. It has more of a Nova launcher feel.

It's certainly not perfect, but Touchwiz isn't the deal breaker that it use to be.
    02-22-16 06:51 PM
    In my opinion I think the Samsung Galaxy s7 will flop it's the same old touch wiz and old transfered design language they used already. It's nothing new like blackberry brung to the table I get it not alot of people might not like the Priv but aleast Blackberry hasn't used this design twice with just minor updates like Samsung I can still pull this phone out my pocket and get positive remarks from a apple and Samsung user it's like driving a car no one has really.

Blackburberry_Priv
    Yeah. That same philosophy has really hurt Apple - using the same basic design and the exact same UI since 2007...

...Oh, wait...

Posted via CB10
    02-22-16 07:06 PM
    it will take much more than that for the S7 to flop. products and brands with a following don't flop over night, they might see a decline in sales and popularity but no flop. car models like the civic, the golf, corolla etc don't flop even if the design is not as appealing, however they see decline in sales like the civic did in recent years, pushing Honda to redesign the car completely.

I actually wonder if the LG G5 will be well received with its modular design.
    skinnymike1 and techvisor like this.
    02-22-16 07:08 PM
    I highly doubt this device will not flop.
    Double negative... so it WILL flop???
    skinnymike1, p1800nut and Elite1 like this.
    02-22-16 07:11 PM

Blackburberry_Priv
    Joao Oliveira likes this.
    02-22-16 07:13 PM

Blackburberry_Priv
    FCSC and hokie_prof like this.
    02-22-16 07:23 PM
    Is it just me, or does this thread appear every year around MWC? The specific device name changes, but the prediction remains the same.
    02-22-16 07:32 PM
    Who needs 6 sentences when you can make it into 2? (I'm teasing: your post needs some punctuation.)

While I personally agree with your preference of Priv over Samsung TouchWiz, I highly doubt this device will not flop. I'm sure the Galaxy S7 will sell on a different order of magnitude than the Priv, unfortunately.
    After owning a Note 4 that Samsung crippled with the Lollipop update as they didn't give it 5.1.1 but only 5.0.1 back in the day and it ran like crap, then bought a Galaxy S6 edge+ and it was so buggy, screen would randomly freeze for a few seconds when it's locked, this issue is all over the XDA forums and Android Central and despite many firmware updates it wasn't fixed, and after having horrible battery life due to the crappy Samsung cell reception, and finally after having enough of TouchWiz and Samsung's bloatware / market feedback agent BS, I swore to never buy a Samsung device again! BlackBerry Android FTW. I also had a Nexus 6P and let me tell you this, the BlackBerry Android is as close to stock Android as it can get. Other than a few extra BB apps which are useful and DTEK, it is stock Android, snappy as heck every time. No need to reboot the phone everyday like with the Samsung to make it feel snappy
    Blackburberry_priv likes this.
    02-22-16 07:37 PM
    After owning a Note 4 that Samsung crippled with the Lollipop update as they didn't give it 5.1.1 but only 5.0.1 back in the day and it ran like crap, then bought a Galaxy S6 edge+ and it was so buggy, screen would randomly freeze for a few seconds when it's locked, this issue is all over the XDA forums and Android Central and despite many firmware updates it wasn't fixed, and after having horrible battery life due to the crappy Samsung cell reception, and finally after having enough of TouchWiz and Samsung's bloatware / market feedback agent BS, I swore to never buy a Samsung device again! BlackBerry Android FTW. I also had a Nexus 6P and let me tell you this, the BlackBerry Android is as close to stock Android as it can get. Other than a few extra BB apps which are useful and DTEK, it is stock Android, snappy as heck every time. No need to reboot the phone everyday like with the Samsung to make it feel snappy
    what was wrong with the S6 touchwhizz?
    02-22-16 07:43 PM
    I think the front of the device looks pretty cool but that back is brutally horrible. I never liked Samsung products. Perfectly fine with the the sexy front and back of my Priv.

BBM Channel: C0001F285
    02-22-16 07:45 PM
    Played with s7 and s7 edge last night, it will be the opposite of flop. I love BlackBerry and I am enjoying the priv, problem is it has helped me transition to android and virtual keyboard, and now that I can get hub apk, I am considering switching, or maybe carrying both.

In my opinion it is the most impressive phone on the market, or soon to be on the market. Only thing that remains to be seen is real life battery usage numbers. Aside from that, they have built the benchmark of smartphones. I am a BlackBerry guy, but you have to give credit where it's due.

Last edited by irweezyy; 02-23-16 at 08:09 AM.
    devin266, Uzi, bakron1 and 3 others like this.
    02-22-16 07:47 PM
    what was wrong with the S6 touchwhizz?
    laggy as heck
    02-22-16 07:49 PM
127 123 ...