This is from the Android Central Forums and also what I do to backup my device. (But I have not had to use it to restore anything yet, thank goodness.):

Backup With MyBackup Pro

Apps like MyBackup Pro ($5) or the 30-day trial version can automatically backup your Applications, Photos, Contacts, Call log, Browser Bookmarks, Texts, Calendar, System Settings, Home Screens (including shortcut positions), Alarms, Dictionary, Playlists, and more to your microSD card or online. If you are rooted, it will also backup Apps settings and data.
    1. Open MyBackup Pro or the 30-day trial version
    2. Tap Backup > Applications & Media > either Local (microSD card) or Online (cloud servers) - local is much faster.
    3. Tap the check-box in front of App and tap Ok. This may take a while if you have a lot of apps.
    4. Tap Backup > Data > either Local (microSD card) or Online (cloud servers) again.
    5. Tap Check All then tap Ok. This may be a lot of data to back up so it may take a while.
    Your apps, texts, settings, and more are now on your microSD card and ready to be backed up to your PC. Click Schedule from the MyBackup Pro main screen to schedule regular backups. Or, if you are fully rooted and are certain you will root again, you can use Titanium Backup with the $6 Pro Key and BusyBox.

thank you that work with out having to root the phone
    10-10-12 12:39 PM
    thank you that work with out having to root the phone
    No "root" needed for this app. It's pretty self-explanatory when you open the app, as you back up to your SD card.
    10-10-12 03:20 PM
    the software work the only thing is to make sure u backup your pictures off the phone since it mess up a lot of them on my SD card, other then that it work 100% and worth the 5 bucks
    10-19-12 01:25 PM
    While I do plan on getting a BB10. Depending on what I see when I get one in my hand, that will tell me if I will be staying exclusively with Blackberry or continue to utilize multiple devices. Right now, this device is awesome- whether you upgrade the software- whenever available....or not.
    BergerKing likes this.
    11-19-12 10:00 PM
    after the JB upgrade, I like it even more so...dam this phone rocks
    BergerKing likes this.
    11-27-12 11:41 AM
    after the JB upgrade, I like it even more so...dam this phone rocks
    Totally agree.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2
    jivegirl14 and BergerKing like this.
    11-27-12 11:48 AM
    Tip: AT&T SG3 JB update now live over Kies.
    12-03-12 06:24 PM
    OMG yes!! This phone simply rocks. Jelly Bean is amazing!

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2
    12-03-12 06:55 PM
    Okay... that does it. I've tried to be patient with the EVO LTE, but it seems I'll have to just go ahead and put CM10 on it.

Congrats to you S3 folks. I'm jealous
    jivegirl14 and OniBerry like this.
    12-03-12 07:17 PM
    For those who successfully updated their AT&T GS3, did it seem to get stuck on the screen with the green android with "Downloading...Do not turn off target!!" beneath it?

Mine downloaded the huge file and then went to this current screen and has been there for the last 30 minutes. I presume it's the mode where the downloaded file is being transferred to the GS3.
    12-03-12 07:36 PM
    I didn't think this phone could get any more amazing but it has. It's like having a brand new S3. So sick

12-03-12 07:42 PM
    Crap! Not able to get my GS3 updated to JB. The firmware upgrade process keeps failing.
    12-03-12 08:32 PM
    Yikes! Wonder why. Carrier specific?

12-03-12 10:34 PM
    Finally got my GS3 to update to the official AT&T JB update. But I had to resort to using Win XP to do it. Win 7, the most unreliable Windows I've ever used, just refused to cooperate.
    12-03-12 10:41 PM
    I never used my computer. Mine was OTA from start to finish.

12-03-12 11:08 PM
    Having data network issues after the JB update on my AT&T GS3. Before the update there was no problem. Now, however, my phone won't barely connect.
    12-04-12 08:12 AM
    Am loving the Jelly Bean update! Just discovered you can use voice commands to shoot a picture. You just tell the phone to shoot or say "smile" or "Cheese" and it takes a shot! Awesome! And by the way used the voice recorder for this post.

Marty_LK and pantlesspenguin like this.
    12-04-12 05:30 PM
    Am loving the Jelly Bean update! Just discovered you can use voice commands to shoot a picture. You just tell the phone to shoot or say "smile" or "Cheese" and it takes a shot! Awesome! And by the way used the voice recorder for this post.

Yeah, that's was one feature I always loved and used much about my GS3. It worked well in ICS, but I haven't tried it yet in JB.

One thing that can never be said about the GS3 - at least with ICS on it - is that is lacked features. The GS3 is so over-the-top full of features that it takes a long, long time sorting through them and becoming familiar with them.
    OniBerry likes this.
    12-04-12 06:06 PM
    Indeed. So many cool features to keep discovering. A friend told me yesterday that there's now a setting so you can set up a screen to appear for specific functions, for example when you plug in headphones you can have a special screen customised just for that. I will have to try it.

12-04-12 07:01 PM
    Regarding the data issues I reported on after the JB update n my AT&T GS3...

Well...after a day of out-and-about usage, the data issue has calmed down. Tested at 2 other locations and both were consistent with LTE speeds. One place was about 7,000 Kb/s. The other place was about 11,000 Kb/s. The 11,000 Kb/s is higher than my GS3 has ever gotten here in Oklahoma City, which was about 9,000 Kb/s. I went to Atlanta, Georgia a couple months ago and the average speed on my GS3 was about 30,000 Kb/s. A 20MB file would download in about 1.5 seconds there. I wish AT&T would improve the LTE data here in OKC.
    12-05-12 12:49 PM
    These are my lte speeds

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy Nexus Rockin 4.2.1 using Tapatalk 2
    Attached Thumbnails Samsung Galaxy S3 Tips and Tricks-uploadfromtaptalk1355409599386.jpg  
    BergerKing likes this.
    12-13-12 08:40 AM
    Tip: The Otterbox Case for the GS3 doesn't seem to be all it could be. I keep finding trash between the screen cover and screen. Over time trash - dust particles, cat hair and so forth - managed to migrate under the cover. Be aware of this if you plan to buy an Otterbox case.
    12-13-12 09:08 AM
    I took that plastic screen off within an hour of getting it. I didn't find too much dust collection myself to be honest, but I tend to change cases anyway. Right now I am using a beautiful dark blue translucent plastic case and I love it. It really shows off my phone as well as protecting it. It's not as expensive as the Otterbox but I like it much more. I also have a screen protector, though you would never guess because it is almost invisible. Love my Samsung Galaxy SIII

Marty_LK and BergerKing like this.
    12-13-12 11:40 PM
    These are my lte speeds

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy Nexus Rockin 4.2.1 using Tapatalk 2
    Ran the Speedtest on my Sprint SIII LTE, 38 Mbps down, 13 up. North of Indianapolis.
    12-13-12 11:55 PM
    Download of the Speedtest app was so fast I barely got to exit out of the Play Store before the 'installing' notification popped up.
    12-14-12 12:01 AM
228 ... 678910
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD