10 million sales,easy-peasy! No surprise at all. Amazing phone. So happy that I own one. I love it.

Samsung Galaxy S3 Breezes Past 10M Sales Mark Ahead of 64GB Variant Launch - Mobile & Apps
    07-22-12 08:30 PM
    yeah its pretty nice, played with my buddies for a while today. Still like my nexus better i think though
    jivegirl14 likes this.
    07-22-12 08:32 PM
    Definitely not a surprise to me. I wonder how many were US pre-orders.
    07-22-12 08:43 PM
    Too overpriced off contract, main reason I never even considered it.
    07-22-12 09:58 PM
    Too overpriced off contract, main reason I never even considered it.
    Hmm, are you sure about that? The tmo website shows both the SGS3 and One S as $599.99 off contract.
    07-23-12 07:49 AM
    yeah its pretty nice, played with my buddies for a while today. Still like my nexus better i think though
    Agreed. I've been helping the guy at work set his up and I'm really not impressed. Especially since I have Jelly Bean.

It's going to be only Nexus devices for me from here on out. Even though I root/ROM, I want nothing to do with a device that comes stock with a skin.

10 million devices sold is very impressive though.
    07-23-12 08:35 AM
    The Nexus II(?) was the phone I tried before the S3 came out to get a feel for Android phones. I didn't have a long time to play around with it, but in the time I did I was impressed and using it gave me confidence that I'd probably enjoy Android more than I might think
    07-23-12 08:55 AM
    Definitely not a surprise to me. I wonder how many were US pre-orders.
    What's even more impressive is that it's 10 million and it's only been out about a month.
    07-23-12 09:04 AM
    Hmm, are you sure about that? The tmo website shows both the SGS3 and One S as $599.99 off contract.
    When I say off contract I don't exactly mean the listed msrp. I doubt most pay the carrier msrp, especially considering tax.

Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk 2
    07-23-12 11:47 AM
    When I say off contract I don't exactly mean the listed msrp. I doubt most pay the carrier msrp, especially considering tax.

Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk 2
    I did . It's the stipulation of the T-Mo value plans. You pay a super low monthly bill but buy the devices outright. I usually switch my phones around 6-8 months (the exception being the Rezound because I switched carriers). I can typically fetch around $350 when I sell my phone, so an out of pocket cost of $250 for the GSG3 combined with a monthly bill of around $55 for 500 minutes, unlimited text, unlimited data (2gb before throttle) sounds like a pretty good deal to me.
    07-23-12 12:36 PM
    Yeah I more mean "market value". I use a value plan but I don't buy my phones from the carrier ($600 + tax, no thanks...).
    07-23-12 01:29 PM
    Yeah, having JB already on the galaxy nexus does make it very nice.

10m is very impressive, though, especially for such an expensive phone. That's a lot of ICS phones out there to get developers' attention, including the ones who might have been putting off taking full advantage of ICS because the numbers were so small.

Now you've got 10m shiny new ICS phones that will soon be JB phones. And people who buy such expensive phones tend to buy a lot of apps.
    07-23-12 01:35 PM
    Yeah, having JB already on the galaxy nexus does make it very nice.
    I've got a Samsung Galaxy Nexus, but I think I've still got ICS (4.04). How/when might I get JB?
    07-23-12 02:38 PM
    I've got a Samsung Galaxy Nexus, but I think I've still got ICS (4.04). How/when might I get JB?
    Check you software update menu. It's in system settings and may be a menu all by itself or located in the "About" menu.
    07-23-12 02:46 PM
    I'm not sure how the rollout is organized. Mine is an unlocked unit from Google and I got a notification asking if I want to install the upgrade a few days ago.
    07-23-12 02:51 PM
    dont think the VZW nexus have the official rollout yet. not sure though
    07-23-12 02:58 PM
    Yeah I more mean "market value". I use a value plan but I don't buy my phones from the carrier ($600 + tax, no thanks...).
    How do you get your phones cheaper?
    07-23-12 03:08 PM
    ROM. I haven't heard anything about the VZW Galaxy Nexus receiving the OTA yet.

I recommend Bugless Beast. Simply amazing performance and is almost fully stock. It is mostly just performance upgrades.
    07-26-12 12:38 PM
    ROM. I haven't heard anything about the VZW Galaxy Nexus receiving the OTA yet.

I recommend Bugless Beast. Simply amazing performance and is almost fully stock. It is mostly just performance upgrades.
    Yup! Flash that sucker!

I'm running AOKP preview 4 Jelly Bean build. Simply beautiful and smooth. Very stable. Haven't been able to fairly judge battery life though, since I've lately been working inside the equivalent of an underground bunker. So by default, battery life has been horrid due to extraneous radio/power negotiations.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by rmjones101; 07-26-12 at 09:43 PM.
    07-26-12 09:41 PM
    A friend of mine just picked up the SGS3! Yay!!
    07-29-12 09:15 AM
    This phone is the first android device I've owned that I have no interest in rooting. It works perfectly out of the box. When I root its usually to fix bugs and then it turns into a full time job keeping up with roms and updates. Hated the experience. More power to those that do but I'm not effing around with the stability.

Sent from mah brainzzzzz via Galaxy S III and Tapatalk 2
    Marty_LK likes this.
    07-29-12 09:27 AM
    This phone is the first android device I've owned that I have no interest in rooting. It works perfectly out of the box. When I root its usually to fix bugs and then it turns into a full time job keeping up with roms and updates. Hated the experience. More power to those that do but I'm not effing around with the stability.

Sent from mah brainzzzzz via Galaxy S III and Tapatalk 2
    I know exactly what you mean. Though I have several other phones that I have rooted and play with, the S3 needs to remain an un-tampered, reliable phone. And rooting/flashing removes that safe and sure reliability.
    07-29-12 12:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD