I�ve only had the phone for about 2 months and I�ve had an ongoing problem, which isn�t a low battery issue. Each day my phone powers itself off and will not power back on until I pull the battery. I really don�t want to wipe it because I�ve already done that once to fix another problem.
    10-18-10 05:04 PM
    I�ve only had the phone for about 2 months and I�ve had an ongoing problem, which isn�t a low battery issue. Each day my phone powers itself off and will not power back on until I pull the battery. I really don�t want to wipe it because I�ve already done that once to fix another problem.
    Have you done anything to your phone, different ROM or flash a new kernel on your phone? Most of the stories I have heard have been related to changing ROM's.
    10-18-10 06:08 PM
    I have no idea what any of those things are so I doubt I've done them. All I've done is download a few apps from the market.

Have you done anything to your phone, different ROM or flash a new kernel on your phone? Most of the stories I have heard have been related to changing ROM's.
    10-18-10 06:24 PM
    Definitely not normal. I would exchange it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-18-10 06:44 PM
    I'd delete the apps one by one in reverse order that you downloaded them. After each delete reboot and give a day or so to see if it fixed the problem.
    10-18-10 08:01 PM
    I'd delete the apps one by one in reverse order that you downloaded them. After each delete reboot and give a day or so to see if it fixed the problem.
    You can try that, it would be the only way to see if it is an app or the phone. Chances are you might need to exchange it.
    10-19-10 05:36 PM
    I doubt it's an app causing this, but it might. It is most likely the device itself though. I would just go in for an exchange.
    10-19-10 05:41 PM
    They're going to have you do a default settings wipe anyway, before they will exchange it for you, so might as well try my avenue first, logically speaking. At least my way, if it pans out that it's simply an app then with my route you get to keep your device, rather than some refurb that had god-knows what's wrong with it.
    10-19-10 05:58 PM
    Refurbs usually work better than new devices IMO. They actually replace th parts and check EVERYTHING. The same cannot be said for new items that go through mass production. My D1 refurb was built better than my D1 that I bought NIB.
    10-19-10 06:13 PM
    It's hit and miss, but I see too often when the customer has to come back because the refurb they received has either the exact same issues as that of the device they sent in, or something completely new, and in either case, it's more than slightly frustrating. There are plenty of instances to support your experience, but not enough for me to agree to your use of "usually" in the statement.
    10-19-10 06:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD