I'd be reluctant because of Samsung in the first place =P
    04-15-11 01:43 PM
    yeah i'm new to this whole samsung/android thing in the first place...is it really that bad?
    04-15-11 01:58 PM
    yeah i'm new to this whole samsung/android thing in the first place...is it really that bad?
    No, not it's not. I have a Galaxy and I love it. I understand all devices have people who have trouble with them, but I can say that I have not had one ounce of trouble with my Samsung Galaxy S Captivate. It is a great phone and I would recommend it to anyone.

As to the Galaxy S II, here is an article that states it will be released in Canada before the States (unusual but good for us in Canada) It states quarter 3, if not late quarter 2 in Canada and most likely by fall for all of North America.

Samsung Aiming for Q3 Launch of Samsung Galaxy S II in Canada
    04-15-11 02:10 PM
    It's not the trouble with the handset... It's Samsung as a company and they way they do business/support.

If you haven't followed them for a long time then it might not be apparent.
    04-15-11 02:27 PM
    This isn't official, but this shows a speculated release date in the US of May-June:

Samsung Galaxy S2 Release Dates

I am willing to give Samsung another shot because of this phone. I had the Vibrant, & it was GREAT...except it didn't have a flash on the camera & the GPS didn't work. Samsung was VERY slow in admitting there was a problem w/ the GPS. When they finally got around to sending out an update to fix the GPS, it didn't work & it messed up many peoples' batteries. I'm in love w/ the specs of the S2, so if everything works on the phone like it should it will be a beast of a device. However, if there are problems w/ the phone, I'll pick up the Sensation.
    04-15-11 02:44 PM
    It's not the trouble with the handset... It's Samsung as a company and they way they do business/support.

If you haven't followed them for a long time then it might not be apparent.
    Sure, I suppose the same could be said with any company. I guess my point was, my phone works exactly as I need it to and expected it to. I don't have to contact them for support so it's not apparent to me at all.

I'm also running the stock ROM and got updated to 2.2 without issue.
    04-15-11 03:38 PM
    Sure, I suppose the same could be said with any company.
    Not exactly... Samsung has above and beyond been the worst in terms of support for handsets and releasing updates.

Being the worst means that the same cannot be said for other companies. Refer to any number of threads on Samsung devices around the internet if you want to find out more.
    04-15-11 04:20 PM
    i know it sounds amazing...but again, without solid release info (i'd think that if it were coming out in the next month or two TMO would know about it) i think i'm gonna go with G2X...
    04-15-11 04:41 PM
    Even then you have a 30 day return window on the g2x.
    04-15-11 04:41 PM
    Eh only 14 days on tmo but yeah I gotcha

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-15-11 05:40 PM
    Fortunately in california a 30day policy is mandated regardless =P.
    04-15-11 05:54 PM
    ah! i knew i should have moved to cali! :P
    04-15-11 10:30 PM
    Not exactly... Samsung has above and beyond been the worst in terms of support for handsets and releasing updates.

Being the worst means that the same cannot be said for other companies. Refer to any number of threads on Samsung devices around the internet if you want to find out more.
    Meh, each company has their bad points. I think this whole "Samsung" hate is overrated. I simply haven't had any issues.
    04-16-11 12:25 AM
    Meh, each company has their bad points. I think this whole "Samsung" hate is overrated. I simply haven't had any issues.
    Totally agree about the Samsung hate. My Galaxy S has been great, went from 2.1 to 2.2 (official) in a matter of months,getting 2.3 soon,customer service has been very good so no complaints from me. Galaxy S2 is on my wish list and waiting for its release.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-16-11 02:47 AM
    Totally agree about the Samsung hate. My Galaxy S has been great, went from 2.1 to 2.2 (official) in a matter of months,getting 2.3 soon,customer service has been very good so no complaints from me. Galaxy S2 is on my wish list and waiting for its release.
    I just got a Galaxy S a week ago. I really like this phone. Hard to leave the BB world behind, but this dose more than my Storm 2 did. I'm just dealing with BBM withdrawal.
    Last edited by PHX8320ddp; 04-16-11 at 09:35 PM.
    04-16-11 09:33 PM
    I'm just dealing with BBM withdrawal.
    You should checkout liveprofile. Its pretty much like BBM except it's missing a few features but it's still really good.
    PHX8320ddp likes this.
    04-16-11 11:41 PM
    I just got a Galaxy S a week ago. I really like this phone. Hard to leave the BB world behind, but this dose more than my Storm 2 did. I'm just dealing with BBM withdrawal.
    I also had the Storm 2 before my Galaxy S. Got 2.2 update and am now waiting for 2.3.
    I do miss my BBM, but I can manage.
    I just hate my battery life! From 7 am to 3 pm and the battery is dead. My iP4 lasted until 11 pm under same usage and my Storm 2 and Curve 8530 lasted until like 7 or 8 pm.

Still, love the Android platform!
    06-09-11 02:20 PM
42 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD