I am a crackberry addict (I had two androids including the Captivate) but went back to Blackberry. With the Galaxy S 2 coming out and a good battery life it looks like, I am blown away from what they have accomplished with smart phones, hopefully they bring RIM to do something about it. I would jump ship right now for it, only I really can't stand Androids OS too much.

Also my Captivate seemed to use up so much data although I had it on wifi for most of the time and didn't use it that much.

It's all glitzy and nice yes but I like how my Berry gets the job done quickly and has a good battery life. Not sure if the Galaxy S 2 is actually gonna change that but the 2 Androids I had, the battery life was a living nightmare. Also until Android makes themselves more socially integrated like Blackberry if they ever get that way. ( If they are that way already then forgive me, I must not like their OS then.) To each their own huh? =P

I really admire the technology from this phone, and I wish RIM would have it although who knows if that will ever happen either. Just saying that this phone sure is impressive =P
    04-19-11 10:15 PM
    BB does use data better but the experience isn't near what you get with Android, when it comes to web interface especially. For some that means something, and those are Android people.

As for the Galaxy S2, it's eh... A forward facing camera and slightly better battery life is nothing to marvel over. 2.2 stock is a betterment for sure, especially considering that many had issues with the manual 2.2 upgrade on the Galaxy 1st gen rendering their phone a brick.
    04-20-11 01:22 PM
    As for the Galaxy S2, it's eh... A forward facing camera and slightly better battery life is nothing to marvel over. 2.2 stock is a betterment for sure, especially considering that many had issues with the manual 2.2 upgrade on the Galaxy 1st gen rendering their phone a brick.
    Erm...I'm pretty sure the SGS2 comes with Gingerbread & TouchWiz 4.0. The screen will be 4.3in with SAMOLED Plus, as opposed to SAMOLED & a 4in screen. And of course it'll be dual core, w/ 1gig of RAM. It'll be a pretty substantial upgrade from the original Galaxy S line.
    04-20-11 02:01 PM
    Erm...I'm pretty sure the SGS2 comes with Gingerbread & TouchWiz 4.0. The screen will be 4.3in with SAMOLED Plus, as opposed to SAMOLED & a 4in screen. And of course it'll be dual core, w/ 1gig of RAM. It'll be a pretty substantial upgrade from the original Galaxy S line.
    Maybe I don't know what the SGS2 is then, because the second release of the Galaxy S, called the 4G, which is already out, is the same exact phone in every way except for what has been mentioned. If there's another version coming out I haven't heard about it yet and would be interested to for sure.
    04-20-11 02:27 PM
    04-20-11 02:56 PM
    Now that's a phone! Hopefully T-Mobile will get it... though if they do it'll probably lose it's flash for the camera. LOL!
    04-20-11 03:22 PM
    Now that's a phone! Hopefully T-Mobile will get it... though if they do it'll probably lose it's flash for the camera. LOL!
    I actually had that EXACT same thought! Otherwise it looks like a beast of a phone. I could see myself waiting for it...only for it to come out w/o a flash. I would've been pretty ticked.
    04-20-11 03:33 PM
    Ok I forgot to say these things, I don't go for Android because it seems like a fancy toy before a phone. It feels like a waste of money... Also, EVERYTHING is an application, it feels weird that your phone and sms is an app, like it can be deleted.

Things just don't seem to be that social and integrated like a blackberry. Apps from the Android market seem to be asking for a lot of information :/ For example this one app was asking access to my media card, does that mean people can check out my pictures and stuff?

I mean if there is a Droid out there with a battery life that could get me through a day with moderate-heavy usage on one battery charge I would really like to know. Also, anyone feel like trying to convince me about the social integration?

Maybe I should just stick it out and wait til the BB' Monaco.
    04-20-11 10:06 PM
    the apps are asking to access your memory card so they can upload to the internet (if you so choose) like dropbox.

it's not stealing your info and pasting it all over the internet. lol....and yeah the SMS is an app that i guess could be deleted if you wanted...but here's a tip...

don't delete it.

04-20-11 10:25 PM
    Apps from the Android market seem to be asking for a lot of information :/ For example this one app was asking access to my media card, does that mean people can check out my pictures and stuff?
    Asks you for permission access because some apps support apps to SD which will save valuable memory in the long run.
    04-21-11 12:39 AM
    Ok I forgot to say these things, I don't go for Android because it seems like a fancy toy before a phone. It feels like a waste of money... Also, EVERYTHING is an application, it feels weird that your phone and sms is an app, like it can be deleted.

Things just don't seem to be that social and integrated like a blackberry. Apps from the Android market seem to be asking for a lot of information :/ For example this one app was asking access to my media card, does that mean people can check out my pictures and stuff?

I mean if there is a Droid out there with a battery life that could get me through a day with moderate-heavy usage on one battery charge I would really like to know. Also, anyone feel like trying to convince me about the social integration?

Seeing that you always seem to put the Android OS down compared to Blackberry,then yes,you should wait for the Monaco. Android doesn't seem to be made for you.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-21-11 04:57 AM
    Don't you have to crank start a Blackberry?
    04-21-11 06:30 AM
    No, but a "jump start" helps every once-in-awhile!
    04-21-11 08:25 AM
    Actually I just hit the red button and it powers on and ready to go in like a few seconds.

I might consider getting an Android again one day just to use as a portable camera and use for wifi, who knows I might even switch between to change it up but Blackberry will always be my number one device. No I'm not a business person, I'm just a teen =P
    04-21-11 09:51 AM
    does having an android mean i'm a business person? eek!

and i remember back in the day when having a BB meant you were a "business person"

being a "teen" meant you had a phone with a full keyboard and that was it...
    04-21-11 10:18 AM
    Android seems far from business, and being a teen generally means I just go along with what seems "cool" like the iphone and what not. But I got the Blackberry for the phone and what seems to work. I coulda gone with iphone but nope I don't wanna be another sheeple.
    04-21-11 10:30 AM
    04-21-11 10:31 AM
    ha! sad but true...RIM has fallen behind the times quite a bit. With 3 of 4 major carriers on 4G now they should be coming out with 4G devices but all the specs I read were only for 3G...but that was a while ago. I just stopped paying attention. I've had 5 blackberrys and i've loved them all, but I gotta go with what works for me and the lack of apps, storage space, and 4G doesn't work for me so much.

I don't think anyone can really say "oh i didn't wanna conform so i bought _____" anymore. A majority of phone users nowadays end up with iphone, RIM, or android. just the way it is now. there are no longer several different major OSs to choose from.
    04-21-11 11:02 AM
    the lack of apps, storage space, and 4G doesn't work for me so much.
    Don't forget absolutely horrible memory management. I've had my share of Blackberry devices, and liked them as well, but once people use an iPhone or Android, it becomes clear how antiquated Blackberrys are now.
    04-21-11 11:30 AM
    Ok I forgot to say these things, I don't go for Android because it seems like a fancy toy before a phone. It feels like a waste of money... Also, EVERYTHING is an application,
    Completely agreed! That's why I'm keeping my BBs for phone & on the go internet/application needs with an Android tablet as my toy for internet surfing, YouTube viewing, and general fun 'n' games.

... it feels weird that your phone and sms is an app, like it can be deleted.
    They're apps on BlackBerry too. Go into your applications manager and see them listed as either third-party, add-on, or core apps. Press and hold your menu key and see your phone and messages pop-up as currently running apps/programs.

Things just don't seem to be that social and integrated like a blackberry.
    You'd have to explain a little more in depth as to what you mean by this. Social integration? There are third-party apps you can download that connect you to all of your social sites with one click, and update them with one post.

Apps from the Android market seem to be asking for a lot of information :/ For example this one app was asking access to my media card, does that mean people can check out my pictures and stuff?
    BlackBerry apps do the same. They ask for "permissions", many seem very unnecessary.

I mean if there is a Droid out there with a battery life that could get me through a day with moderate-heavy usage on one battery charge I would really like to know.
    Root an Android and you've got much better battery life on any. Or pick on with stock Android and no manufacturer skin, if you were with T-Mobile I could recommend a couple.

Also, anyone feel like trying to convince me about the social integration?
    Still unsure about what you mean here, but that probably because I don't do any of those ridiculous waste of time things.

This is what I'd recommend, honestly. I'm still a BlackBerry person all the way and that's nothing to be afraid of.
    04-21-11 11:44 AM
    OS 6 on BB also brought in "social integration" with the social networks feed. i think the G2X has something like that...all your networks in one place. that might be what she is talking about.
    04-21-11 12:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD