yes...... too big
    04-06-12 02:42 PM
    Its an amazing phone really. Nothing really can compare to it honestly. Sold 2 of my tablets (still have my Playbook locked away in a drawer tho lol), & there's no way I would be able to return to anything smaller. Anyone saying this device isn't portable or easy to use hasn't tried one, or just a naysayers. At work I carry this thing around in my shirt pocket.
    I've most definitely tried it... I don't even like carrying around a 4.3" device in a shirt pocket or my pants pockets, so 5.3" is not going to be better...
    04-06-12 05:47 PM
    Finally got a chance to play with one..and I'd have to say for myself, the device wouldn't be too big. Actually..if I didn't have my Nexus at the moment..this is the device I'd be getting. The retailers I've talked to have all said that these devices are selling like hotcakes.. and I'd have to agree. Anytime I've been into Best buy or Future Shop..I see lots of people demo'ing the phone. IMO Samsung is going to be a force to be reckoned with in the coming years.
    VIDGMER likes this.
    04-08-12 09:52 PM
    Now you're tempting me. I think I read somewhere that so far 5m of these things have gone out the door. I'm very tempted.
    04-08-12 10:51 PM
    Fantastic phone...best I've ever had. I will not go back to a smaller display as long as these are still available. Combined with a suction mount in my car and running Google Maps/Navigation it works very nicely as a GPS unit. I also use it to stream music to my car stereo (I like to use rdio, slacker, tune-in) and the display is large enough that I can interact with it easily.

Yes, it's too big to be comfortable for one-handed use, but the truth is that I've never used any of my previous phones one-handed. I've always held the phone with one hand and tapped with the other (for touchscreens) or held with both hands and tapped with two thumbs (for keyboards). It fits in my pocket without issue whatsoever. The size is a non-issue but is a tremendous asset as far as usability is concerned.
    VIDGMER likes this.
    04-08-12 11:41 PM
    Personally, it is not big enough!

One of the reasons why I originally got a smartphone was to get away from carrying multiple devices. I had my dumb phone, carried a PDA, as well as an mp3 player, and sometimes a small camera. My belt felt more like Batman's utility belt. When I got my first BlackBerry, it paired all that down to one device.

Now, I carry a 4" smartphone (SGS), and a 10.1" gTablet. I do a lot more now on the tablet than on the phone. The screen size is much better for me, visually as well as typing. The only complaint I have about my gTablet is the weight. My wife has a 7" tablet, which is a nice size and not too heavy. If either tablet had phone capabilities, I'd stop carrying the SGS all together. I already use Skype and GrooveIP on my tablet when on wifi. Having phone capabilities away from wifi would make it even better.

I almost always use a headset when on the phone anyways. I'm usually taking notes during calls, scheduling appointments, or looking things up, so I wouldn't look like one of those guys from the 70's with the giant boombox on my shoulder.

For me, the 5.3" screen is too big for a phone, and too small for a tablet. Bump me up to at least a 7" device and I'd be good to go.

Sent from my GTablet using Tapatalk 2
    04-10-12 07:51 AM
    will most likely get the same fate as the Dell Streak.
    You are failure!

SAM Note selling like hotcake than Dell Streak..
    04-26-12 07:46 AM
57 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD