The new best Android device specs have been revealed. Possible VZW exclusive, woot.

Samsung Galaxy Nexus full specs revealed; Verizon Wireless exclusive

Screen is a little big for me, but I may buy this just because it is a Nexus device. Been wanting a pure Vanilla experience since the Droid. Just don't know if I can deal with a 4.6 screen.
    Last edited by avt123; 10-06-11 at 08:51 AM.
    10-06-11 08:44 AM
    I hope the screen size isn't too big, because I want this phone as well.
    I was hoping for an 8 MP camera, but MP don't always tell the quality of pictures.
    Looking forward to it being released.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk
    10-06-11 09:00 AM
    Agreed, that the screen might be a tad big, but I don't care! I want this phone. I want it bad. I want it now! Please, Samsung, just tell me when I can have it.
    10-06-11 09:02 AM
    I am kind of disappointed they are using the OMAP and not the Exynos. If I remember correctly the Exynos is much more capable, including having a better GPU. I believe the GPU on the iPhone 4S is better than the one on tis OMAP, not too sure though.
    10-06-11 09:02 AM
    The best carrier/manufacturer Android OS overlay is no overlay. Having had a Nexus One I miss that Vanilla Android experience, simple, clean and easy. People that rave over Sense (which I find overdone) and other carrier OS skins don't know how Android is supposed to be experienced. I'm glad to see another Nexus device again and I can't wait to see what it looks like.
    10-06-11 11:06 AM
    I'm loving the screen size personally! The only thing i'm wondering about is if there is going to be a microSD slot or if the 32GB internal storage is it. I think the resolution is going to be fantastic, and while it may only be a 5MP camera..if the internals of it are top notch..then it will still be top notch (think i4).

Wonder when Canada will eventually release this though..
    10-06-11 11:11 AM
    How does it compare to the Prime?
    10-06-11 11:35 AM
    How does it compare to the Prime?
    This would be the "Prime"
    10-06-11 11:49 AM
    The screen may not be "too big" after all considering rumor has it that there are no "button" on the bottom. The touch buttons will be a part of the screen basically like Honeycomb tablets. If that is the case, the device may be the same size of a 3.7-4 inch screen device.

And yes, this is the "Nexus Prime".
    10-06-11 12:53 PM
    The screen may not be "too big" after all considering rumor has it that there are no "button" on the bottom. The touch buttons will be a part of the screen basically like Honeycomb tablets. If that is the case, the device may be the same size of a 3.7-4 inch screen device.
    I hope this is the case. I also hope the curvature shown in pics is a bit exaggerated.

If it weren't for the 4.6" screen, I'd probably pre-order this device. As it is, 4.3" screens are not my cup-o-tea, but have become somewhat more attractive to me with newer displays going nearly to the edge of the device, thus keeping the overall device size down.

I'm thinking I will hold off until I get one in hand to test-drive first, just to be sure.
    10-06-11 02:59 PM
    This would be the "Prime"
    Go ahead and give me the ***** cap... LOL.

VZW exclusive? COME ON!!!!
    10-06-11 03:04 PM
    VZW exclusive? COME ON!!!!
    VZW has been getting the short end of the stick with Nexus from day one (and not the greatest phones in over a while), so why not?
    10-06-11 03:08 PM
    Different source with different specs...

EXCLUSIVE: We get the allegedly proper Nexus Prime specs - GSMArena.com news

I hope this article is more accurate. If it is... I hope and pray that ICS has a GPU accelerated UI. Then I'll simply drool.
    10-06-11 03:13 PM
    Found this on another forum but its a render of the phone...looks nice

http://www.talkandroid.com/65232-act...rime_render01/
    10-06-11 03:17 PM
    other more trusted sources say BGR is not quite corrrect. I tend to agree. The GSM arena specs look more likely
    hooch_is_crazy likes this.
    10-06-11 03:21 PM
    My fingers are about to get trigger happy
    10-06-11 03:28 PM
    From what GSM Arena is saying...I simply cannot wait to get my hands on this thing. Reads like a beast.
    10-06-11 03:30 PM
    It's only gonna be exclusive to Verizon for 3 months before going to every other carrier.

Just like the original Nexus and Nexus S its gonna pave a way for more good Android phones. After owning a Sensation, owning 2 Moto Droids and playing with a Galaxy S, I don't think I'll consider any other makers over HTC. I just prefer their hardware and software compared to the rest.
    10-06-11 03:40 PM
    Yea the gsm arena article does look legit. 1.5GHz Exynos also sounds much more realistic, as well as the 8MP camera. Same GPU as iPad2/iPhone4S which is nice.

The screen being that size will be 720p?
    10-06-11 03:42 PM
    Now, that's something worth using an upgrade on...I'll have to wait and see on pricing, though, hahah.
    hooch_is_crazy likes this.
    10-06-11 03:45 PM
    Yea if this turns out to be true, and when I check out the device if it doesn't feel annoyingly huge in my hand/pocket I will be buying this. If not, either an iPhone 4S or QNX BB if it works well.

I really hope the device doesn't feel to huge though, because I would definitely like to buy another Android in between my next iPhone purchase (would rather this than resort to buying back to back iPhones, don't really need a new device but I do usually upgrade every 6-8 months). I have also been craving a Nexus device (Vanilla Android goodness) but VZW hasn't had one till now. This would be the perfect fit. Samsung hardware is amazing, I just hope this thing has great build quality as well.
    10-06-11 03:51 PM
    Yeah the only thing I dislike about the Samsung phones are how cheap/lightweight they feel. I played with a friend of mines Infuse the other day and it felt kind of cheap at least compared to my Sensation. I prefer the aluminum/solid plastic construction compared to the plastic that Samsung uses. I mean I could live with it but I would obviously prefer a higher quality feeling device.
    10-06-11 04:07 PM
    Different source with different specs...

EXCLUSIVE: We get the allegedly proper Nexus Prime specs - GSMArena.com news

I hope this article is more accurate. If it is... I hope and pray that ICS has a GPU accelerated UI. Then I'll simply drool.
    I don't know of any other SoC other than the A5 that has the PowerVR SGX543MP2. Interesting.
    10-06-11 04:53 PM
    So tempting...
    10-07-11 04:26 AM
    Even though my 4.3 inch screen with extended battery feels like a brick at times, I do love having the big screen!

This phone is on my radar now. I was going to go to a Bold 9930, but it may be the Samsung instead!
    10-07-11 05:11 AM
64 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD