Here's something for those in the UK looking to make the switch from BlackBerry to Android.

Samsung debuts Galaxy Pro | Android Atlas - CNET Reviews
    03-07-11 12:11 PM
    I guess if you want a qwerty KB, that might be the way to go, but one of the main reasons why I switched from a 9700 to my Samsung Captivate is the larger screen. Those smaller screens are just too darn small for me. I love the size of the Captivate screen.
    03-07-11 02:54 PM
    looks terrible
    03-07-11 05:47 PM
    Samsung should've just made this a "higher-end" phone and bumped up the specs a little bit more. The concept of the phone is good since I like the BB form factor, but the design could have been way better. I guess it's being released over seas for now so there will probably be a decent sized audience and affordable as well.
    03-07-11 06:24 PM
    looks terrible
    I don't agree with you often, but that is one ugly device. It looks like a Motorola Charm lol. I don't know why there is a trend of slapping a qwerty keyboard on a candybar style phone and calling it "pro."
    03-07-11 08:39 PM
    I don't agree with you often, but that is one ugly device. It looks like a Motorola Charm lol. I don't know why there is a trend of slapping a qwerty keyboard on a candybar style phone and calling it "pro."
    Wow, very interesting and astute observation. So ignore everything with the word Pro in it's title. Sound advice there, wurd to ya mutha... and I'm out!
    03-07-11 10:58 PM
    Wow, very interesting and astute observation. So ignore everything with the word Pro in it's title. Sound advice there, wurd to ya mutha... and I'm out!
    Wow...reading comprehension ftl. I didn't think I'd have to explain this further, but here you go. My POINT was that I don't understand what makes a device "pro" by adding a hardware keyboard to a candybar/touchscreen device (eg droid pro, dell venue pro, & this samsung pro). Does the addition of the keyboard itself make a device "pro?" I would think more "business" features would make a device "pro." For example, more intuitive ways to create/edit complex spreadsheets and word processing documents, more intiutive ways to schedule & invite people to meetings (either virtual or in person), better calendar integration, etc etc etc. That's what I think of as a "pro" device.
    Last edited by pantlesspenguin; 03-08-11 at 12:10 PM.
    03-08-11 12:08 PM
    For some reason, "entry-level" and "Pro" just don't seem like they should be describing the same device.

I guess it is for the guy who shows up to work in the mailroom in a three-piece suit?
    03-08-11 02:59 PM
    For some reason, "entry-level" and "Pro" just don't seem like they should be describing the same device.

I guess it is for the guy who shows up to work in the mailroom in a three-piece suit?
    LOL! You can put lipstick and an evening-gown on a pig and take it to the prom, but in the end, you're still just tryin' to score with swine!
    03-08-11 03:08 PM
    Wow...reading comprehension ftl. I didn't think I'd have to explain this further, but here you go. My POINT was that I don't understand what makes a device "pro" by adding a hardware keyboard to a candybar/touchscreen device (eg droid pro, dell venue pro, & this samsung pro). Does the addition of the keyboard itself make a device "pro?" I would think more "business" features would make a device "pro." For example, more intuitive ways to create/edit complex spreadsheets and word processing documents, more intiutive ways to schedule & invite people to meetings (either virtual or in person), better calendar integration, etc etc etc. That's what I think of as a "pro" device.
    ? First, what the heck is ftl and what the heck is with this trend of over-abbreviation and acronym use? LOL!

Seriously, I got your point, I was agreeing with you. The word pro in these devices is severely taken advantage of, taking major liberties with.
    03-08-11 03:12 PM
    if samsung cloned a bb device down to the last pixel the people here would still call it ugly.
    03-08-11 03:19 PM
    ? First, what the heck is ftl and what the H E L L is with this trend of over-abbreviation and acronym use? LOL!

Seriously, I got your point, I was agreeing with you. The word pro in these devices is severely taken advantage of, taking major liberties with.
    wdym? afaic, idsawwi.

ftl = for the loss
    03-08-11 03:20 PM
    if samsung cloned a bb device down to the last pixel the people here would still call it ugly.
    This thing looks nothing like a bb, except for screen on top/keyboard on bottom. It cloned the (equally ugly) Motorola Charm: Review: Motorola Charm � AndroidGuys
    03-08-11 03:27 PM
    ? First, what the heck is ftl and what the heck is with this trend of over-abbreviation and acronym use? LOL!

You sure didn't sound like you were agreeing with me. In no way did I say "ignore devices called pro." My query was why people think slapping a physical qwerty keyboard on a candybar/touchscreen device made it "pro."
    03-08-11 03:30 PM
    You sure didn't sound like you were agreeing with me. In no way did I say "ignore devices called pro." My query was why people think slapping a physical qwerty keyboard on a candybar/touchscreen device made it "pro."
    You truly are dense. I didn't say you said that, I was saying it. Embellishing your point for the purpose of hyperbole. So relax there Rex, all is good.
    03-08-11 03:42 PM
    wdym? afaic, idsawwi.

ftl = for the loss
    whoa!?!?!!! lol... let me try this...

why do you (m)?

as far as i can, i don't se a way (w) (i).

LOL! never mind, don't care.
    03-08-11 03:45 PM
    whoa!?!?!!! lol... let me try this...

why do you (m)?

as far as i can, i don't se a way (w) (i).

LOL! never mind, don't care.
    lol idk i just pulled them out my ***

Translation:

What do you mean? As far as I'm concerned, I don't see anything wrong with it
    03-08-11 08:18 PM
    lol idk i just pulled them out my ***

Translation:

What do you mean? As far as I'm concerned, I don't see anything wrong with it
    Common man, give me some credit, I was pretty damned close!
    ThaGeNeCySt likes this.
    03-08-11 11:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD