i dont know how you can get by without a blinky led light.
    09-14-10 03:00 PM
    anyone else unlock there captivate??? my random shut off always happens on the 6th day... i have my power save mode on and screen timeout is set to 15sec also, lolz vitesse10
    09-14-10 04:06 PM
    I want to try unlocking it as it helped someone else.

Ok, yesterday it shut down at 5.10pm, today it has had 3 shut downs so far. I miss the LED light and not having the urge to smash my phone into the wall. I still really like the phone and it's features, UI, OS - everything. I love Swype. I am just really frustrated with the shut downs.

Samsung is active on Twitter, I will try to get some answers.
    09-15-10 10:11 AM
    I had to ship mine off for an exchange because I was getting the shutdown issues more frequently. When my wife and I first got these phones, hers kept shutting down while mine was fine. Then mine started shutting down. After about a week of this and countless hours searching forums, I found that doing a factory reset MAY help. I performed the factory reset on both of our phones and mine lasted for about a week before the shutdowns started happening again. My wife's phone has been fine ever since with no more shutdowns, so it's worth a shot.

To perform a factory reset, be sure to backup any data on your phone to an SD card or some other storage device because it will wipe out all of your data. Open up your dialer as if you're going to make a call and dial:

*2767*3855#

This will then perform the factory reset. Good luck to anyone who wants to try this. It's worked so far for my wife's phone and it's been running strong for over 3 weeks now. I'm hoping my replacement phone isn't cursed with this shutdown issue.
    09-15-10 06:59 PM
    Had only 1 random shutdown since my last post ( Sep 15th). I guess the phone just has mood swings, like me
    09-20-10 12:06 PM
    Had only 1 random shutdown since my last post ( Sep 15th). I guess the phone just has mood swings, like me
    I'ts a cute phone and so are u so that is acceptable
    09-20-10 12:08 PM
    Anyways... Saw tweets from at least 5 people complaining about shutdowns on GalaxySSupport's Twitter page. Also saw something about an update rolling out soon (this month). Let's see...
    09-21-10 03:35 PM
    I have had a problem with the samsung captivate shutting down since I got it. I have had four diffrent phones in three months. AT&T is not any help they say that there is not a problem and keep telling me that it is user related. I have an electronic technicians license, an FCC license, a journeyman electrical license, and am working on a B.S. in engineering so I think I know a little more about a cell phone than someone reading a script to me. I did not download any apps or even add my contacts and it still shut down.
    AT&T always wants to do factory resets thinking it will help but it never does. After getting the third refurbished phone I was told to not call AT&T anymore and to call samsung directly. Samsung wants me to send them my phone and get a loner phone from AT&T but AT&T says that they know nothing about a contract with samsung for loner phones.
    If you were thinking of signing a contract with AT&T think again. They will not honor their warenty.
    12-16-10 08:44 PM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD