My wife just got the samsung infuse and is really liking it, but is wondering if she can remove apps that came on it like AT&T navigator and live tv.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-02-11 10:31 AM
    If it's rooted you can use Root Explorer to remove them. I usually just rename them by tacking .old on the end of the apk, instead of totally deleting them. By doing that, they will still be there, if you need them, but they won't show up in the app drawer, anymore.
    10-02-11 10:55 AM
    If it's rooted you can use Root Explorer to remove them. I usually just rename them by tacking .old on the end of the apk, instead of totally deleting them. By doing that, they will still be there, if you need them, but they won't show up in the app drawer, anymore.
    Could you please share how to "tack .old on the end of the apk"? thanks.

Edit: just tried "Root Explorer", can not remove the LiveTV. :-(
    Last edited by pm6163; 12-01-11 at 10:20 AM.
    12-01-11 09:55 AM
    You have to mount as R/W before you can make edits.
    12-01-11 10:57 AM
    You have to mount as R/W before you can make edits.
    mind sharing more details? better step-by-step instructions, thanks.

people saying "ROOT" Infuse first using "Super One Click", will this method work?
    Last edited by pm6163; 12-01-11 at 11:53 AM.
    12-01-11 11:50 AM
    If your phone is rooted. Just use Bloat Freezer. It does all the work for you.

Supposedly it will also freeze the recent Carrier IQ, but I've not tried that since I don't have a device with CIQ installed.
    12-01-11 11:56 AM
    If your phone is rooted. Just use Bloat Freezer. It does all the work for you.

Supposedly it will also freeze the recent Carrier IQ, but I've not tried that since I don't have a device with CIQ installed.
    My Infuse is not "rooted" yet. BTW, what is the "root" for?

How do you find out if a "Carrier IQ" is installed in the phone?
    12-01-11 12:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD