...how do I do that? I can select it and it clicks and hilights to allow me to move it, but I don't see where I can remove it. Thanks in advanced!
    03-02-10 06:46 PM
    Go to my downloads in android market. Select it and uninstall.
    03-02-10 06:50 PM
    Or from the homescreen, hit the menu button, click settings, go to applications, then manage applications.
    03-02-10 06:53 PM
    sweet, I took the 2nd suggestion and it worked very simple, thanks!
    03-02-10 07:48 PM
    Glad to help.
    03-02-10 08:43 PM
    How about with the things you didn't download, such as the Amazon mp3 thing?

Also, I tried to make a folder to put some icons in but I wasn't able to figure out how to put things in there or even rename the folder.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-02-10 08:53 PM
    How about with the things you didn't download, such as the Amazon mp3 thing?

Also, I tried to make a folder to put some icons in but I wasn't able to figure out how to put things in there or even rename the folder.

From what I understand, the only way to get rid of things that came on the phone, is if you are rooted. But dont quote me on that.

As for your folder problem, it sounds like you figured out how to make the folder, yes? To move icons into the folder, open your app drawer, long press the icon/app, then move it on top of the new folder you created. Of course you dont want your folder to be named "folder". So what you do is click on the folder you made, which will open it up and show all the apps you have put into it. At the top you will see an "X" to the right, which closes the folder, and to the left, you will see the word "Folder". Click the word, then rename it whatever you want. Hope this helps.
    03-03-10 12:32 AM
    From what I understand, the only way to get rid of things that came on the phone, is if you are rooted. But dont quote me on that.

As for your folder problem, it sounds like you figured out how to make the folder, yes? To move icons into the folder, open your app drawer, long press the icon/app, then move it on top of the new folder you created. Of course you dont want your folder to be named "folder". So what you do is click on the folder you made, which will open it up and show all the apps you have put into it. At the top you will see an "X" to the right, which closes the folder, and to the left, you will see the word "Folder". Click the word, then rename it whatever you want. Hope this helps.
    Indeed you need to be rooted and you can remove any preinstalled app that is in the system/app folder. Just be careful what you delete, amazon mp3 is ok but there are essential apk's in there that your phone will be crippled or worse if removed.
    03-03-10 01:08 AM
    Is there any way to re-arrange the apps in the app drawer? Or do they just stay in the order of which they were downloaded?
    03-20-10 10:20 AM
    it is alphabetical in the drawer

03-20-10 10:25 AM
    it is alphabetical in the drawer

Ok, thanks! I hope they can maybe enable a function to move them around in the future.
    03-20-10 11:10 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD