I bet as soon as it comes out some people are going to find a way to wipe it and install QNX. Does make me feel bad for paying full price on this thing. That is probably what I would have done with an amazon fire!
    09-29-11 08:16 AM
    Why settle for a cheap imitation when you have the real deal in front of you?
    mozzamay likes this.
    09-29-11 08:21 AM
    Sure they might be able to put QNX on it. But, the PlayBook OS will never get ported over probably due to the fact RIM locks downtheir **** pretty good.
    09-29-11 08:32 AM
    Ummm why would any one want to port BB QNX to the KF? There's no reason to as there is no ecosystem to enjoy. Someone may try it as a project though just to say I did it.
    09-29-11 09:01 AM
    QNX? No. Ice Cream Sandwich? Yes.
    09-29-11 09:08 AM
    QNX? your logic is out of whack considering the Playbook has better hardware and at 250 right now at staples. Just get or keep the Playbook if you want the QNX experience.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    1812dave likes this.
    09-29-11 09:36 AM
    "Reason why this thread is in the wrong forum and is going to get moved"

09-29-11 09:43 AM
    Since this is an Android based Tablet I have moved this thread to the Android Forum.
    SlcCorrado likes this.
    09-29-11 09:45 AM
    Why the f!@# would anybody put QNX on it? Or even want to, for that matter.
    Last edited by Spotmark; 09-29-11 at 11:07 AM.
    1812dave likes this.
    09-29-11 11:00 AM
    Frack QNX in the tablet OS world it ranks last. That's why the PB is such a hot seller

I will but it if it gets Honeycomb ported to it which is a much better OS than QNX.
    1812dave likes this.
    09-29-11 11:23 AM
    Ok, and how about BlackBerry Bridge and BlackBerry App World?
    09-29-11 11:48 AM
    Lol

"The PlayBook, made by Research in Motion (RIMM), has struggled to make its mark. Early reviews largely panned the PlayBook, criticizing the tablet's "unfinished" feel."

From this article BlackBerry PlayBook price drops to $299 at Best Buy, Staples - Sep. 29, 2011

Yeah, QNX all the way, baby!
    1812dave likes this.
    09-29-11 01:40 PM
    QNX??? tee hee!!!! (hint: the market has spoken)
    09-29-11 02:03 PM
    Lol. As of right now I don't want QNX anywhere near my Kindle Fire when I get it. There is absolutely no ecosystem, and my Google account is already filled with great Android apps.

Stock Honeycomb/Ice Cream Sandwich? Oh **** yea. I'm sure it will be rooted and have a port in no time.
    Last edited by avt123; 09-29-11 at 03:17 PM.
    09-29-11 03:14 PM
    Alot of people like the bridge for free tethering, and want a playbook for that. If you can get a kindle cheaper and turn it into a playbook, there ya go!
    09-29-11 07:40 PM
    Alot of people like the bridge for free tethering, and want a playbook for that. If you can get a kindle cheaper and turn it into a playbook, there ya go!
    How about bezel gestures genius?

Besides being logistically impossible, it will never be done because QNX is a dead tablet platform. No one will want to put time and effort into something that no one cares about or wants.
    Last edited by JD914; 09-29-11 at 07:47 PM.
    09-29-11 07:42 PM
    QNX is not dead. It's just a baby on a tablet and I for one am going for the ride wherever that may be. If the ride goes nowhere no big loss and I'll get whatever I like whenever that time is.
    09-29-11 08:12 PM
    QNX is not dead. It's just a baby on a tablet and I for one am going for the ride wherever that may be. If the ride goes nowhere no big loss and I'll get whatever I like whenever that time is.
    That's the spirit! enjoy what you like, and when it comes to an ignoble end, switch to one of the market leaders for a change.
    lssanjose likes this.
    09-29-11 08:39 PM
    Some serious downers posting in this thread. As far as I've heard, the fire won't have half the hw features of the pb. So good luck with that

09-30-11 09:05 AM
    Some serious downers posting in this thread. As far as I've heard, the fire won't have half the hw features of the pb. So good luck with that

Hardware doesn't mean anything, when you're using it to run antiquated software. And let's face it, QNX might be "new", but it's a dog that won't hunt.
    Last edited by Spotmark; 09-30-11 at 09:33 AM.
    09-30-11 09:26 AM

Here's the thing you and RIM seem to overlook. Ecosystem tends to trump hardware in the consciousness of consumers.

Don't take my word for it. Look at tech adoption numbers.
    09-30-11 09:34 AM
    Hardware doesn't mean anything, when you're using it to run antiquated software. And let's face it, QNX might be "new", but it's a dog that won't hunt.
    Nice. Classy response.

1. QNX isnt new
    2. You don't know how the final product will function

09-30-11 09:36 AM
    Nice. Classy response.
    Lol, ooh, the etiquette police have arrived.

And perhaps you missed the quotes around "new".
    Last edited by Spotmark; 09-30-11 at 10:01 AM.
    09-30-11 09:38 AM
    QNX vs. Android. Well there are only two places in this race and I place Android a firm third out of two.

Do not confuse quality with quantity. Potatos outsell caviar.

Anyway, QNX will soon run most of the Android software.
    09-30-11 09:42 AM
    Personal Attacks
    Do not flame, insult or post personal attacks against other users. Be courteous, not rude. Any instances or reports of harassment of members will be treated seriously. CrackBerry.com has a zero tolerance policy against this kind of behavior, which may result with an immediate temporary or permanent ban at moderators' discretion. CrackBerry.com is a friendly place - treat members with respect at all times. If you don't have something nice to say, do not say it!
    Play Nice, Be Helpful, and have Respect!

This means keep the language clean, keep your posts polite, and don�t get into arguments over dumb things. If somebody responds to a thread you posted in poor fashion, ignore it, and the moderation team will quickly clean it up (you can always message or email a moderator at any time if you observe anything that is in poor taste/against the rules). Think back to what your parentals and teachers used to lecture - if you don't have something nice to say, don't say anything at all.

Always remember that we are all unique and at different levels here - some of us are experienced BlackBerry users and forum junkies, while others are just starting out. If you�re on the experienced side, have patience for those just joining in on the fun and be helpful. With a little patience and a little help they won�t be newbies for long. Also remember that it is our differences that keeps this place interesting. If everyone was from the same place and at the same experience level it would be boring. This is a worldwide community united by a common interest - our love, or addiction as some would call it, for the BlackBerry!
    09-30-11 10:07 AM
41 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD