Gotcha, this app doesn't actually overclock the device. Cool. Definitely time to do some reading on it all.
    12-03-10 02:43 PM
    Gotcha, this app doesn't actually overclock the device. Cool. Definitely time to do some reading on it all.
    Yea..SetCPU just allows you to control the speed of the device. It can still be used even on "stock" setting to underclock your phone during Screen Off times and whatnot, but you will need a overclock "kernal" in order to actually speed up your processor. Best bet is to check out XDA forums for your specific device and follow all the advice on there. I just did my Desire Z to a 1.2/1.4 overclock yesterday (downgraded to the 1.2 after the 1.4 was making my phone act a little wonky) and so far all is well.
    12-03-10 03:34 PM
    So I was drunk last night and had frozen an app in my app drawer that apparently also prevented me from being able to use my alarm clock, so instead of being smart and calm and simply unfreezing that particular app in order to use it again, I got pissed and simply master reset my phone without any backup or anything. LOL! Now I'm back to stock Vibrant, rootless, and decided that I'm tired of android, so I switched back to my BlackBerry 9700. LOL! Impetuous bassturd I am!
    12-04-10 05:00 PM
    ^^^

You got drunk and ended up with a BlackBerry?!!!

12-05-10 01:20 AM
    ^^^

You got drunk and ended up with a BlackBerry?!!!

AND a hangover i'm guessing

12-05-10 08:52 AM
    You know why?

Because We Can That Makes Us Push Further For Our Phones.
    12-05-10 12:04 PM
    What's really odd to me is that after rooting my phone was MUCH slower/laggier. It was horrible, I don't think I'll ever be wasting my time with that again. It could be because I simply had a temporary root rather than permanent, though I doubt that. Took forever to load my gallery too, worse than my BB by miles. Very interesting indeed. Forgotten how much I loved my 9700.
    12-05-10 09:54 PM
    ive been having trouble rooting my DINC after the nov update. anyone else?
    12-06-10 06:45 PM
    What's really odd to me is that after rooting my phone was MUCH slower/laggier. It was horrible, I don't think I'll ever be wasting my time with that again. It could be because I simply had a temporary root rather than permanent, though I doubt that. Took forever to load my gallery too, worse than my BB by miles. Very interesting indeed. Forgotten how much I loved my 9700.
    I have full root on my device, from the moment I first did it I have had zero issues with the way my device performs. It runs great...
    12-06-10 07:12 PM
    how do you root?
    12-09-10 10:56 PM
    how do you root?

There are a couple ways... you can do it "manually" or use one-click software. Whichever way you go, you want to read up on the process thoroughly.
    12-09-10 11:34 PM
    how do you root?
    Here's some links to help ya along.

Droid Incredible Gets One-Click Root Thanks to Unrevoked | Android Phone Fans

If You're New to Modding/Rooting, Read This First! (Updated 08/05/10) - xda-developers

And there's plenty more out there, hope this helps a little.
    12-10-10 06:35 AM
    how do you root?
    For the DInc there is a a few ways

The most popular and well know is Unrevoked. Which is by far the easiest to do.

The Unlockr has a GREAT walk-through on how to do it.
    12-10-10 07:52 AM
    ^^^ Agreed. Use Unrevoked to root the Incredible...
    12-10-10 08:33 AM
    I used z4root on my Droid Pro and I couldn't be happier.
    12-11-10 08:50 AM
    I'm going to get my brother on that one, pronto!
    12-11-10 09:57 AM
    Spend all that money on a phone just to root it. Why not just create your own phone? Honestly, there is no point to rooting. I thought froyo 2.2 was fast enough? Guess not.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-12-10 11:53 PM
    Spend all that money on a phone just to root it. Why not just create your own phone? Honestly, there is no point to rooting. I thought froyo 2.2 was fast enough? Guess not.

I recently rooted my phone. I didn't do it for the custom ROM's or anything techy...I just wanted to stop the damn ads on Angry Birds. Funny as that sounds. But now I really love having it rooted and I over-clocked my little X and love it even more. So many fun things to do I would recommend it. Since you have a BB and not a Android phone (according to your profile), you can compare this to loading leaked OS's to your phone. People with BB's do this all the time. It allows faster speeds or better customization of your cell phone investment. People buy homes and make improvements, same with cars. Rooting your Droid or loading a leaked OS to a BB is just the user making the device a more unique experience. It is fast by itself with just 2.2, but why not make faster, funner...Droid-ier?
    12-13-10 12:07 AM
    I recently rooted my phone. I didn't do it for the custom ROM's or anything techy...I just wanted to stop the damn ads on Angry Birds.

You, sir, are my hero...

Not_addicted, I don't think you get it. Rooting is exactly that: you are creating your own phone.
    12-13-10 01:14 AM

hey what ever that is you are smoking... put it down. they are SEVERAL reasons to root ones phone.
    12-13-10 08:13 AM
    I used z4root on my Droid Pro and I couldn't be happier.
    Has z4root been removed from the Android Market?

I'm already rooted, but removed the app and now can't find it antwhere. Just wanted to have it there... just in case I want to unroot and sell in the future.
    12-13-10 09:11 AM
    Has z4root been removed from the Android Market?

I'm already rooted, but removed the app and now can't find it antwhere. Just wanted to have it there... just in case I want to unroot and sell in the future.
    you might want to look into this .apk
    Software2Tech.com � Z4root apk file
    lssanjose likes this.
    12-13-10 09:28 AM
    Although I've assimilated, I love having control. Yes, with that control, comes responsibility. At the same time, you learn more about your phone, and Android in general. Now, if only we could recompile the kernel, then it would be gravy.
    12-13-10 09:45 AM
    Although I've assimilated, I love having control. Yes, with that control, comes responsibility. At the same time, you learn more about your phone, and Android in general. Now, if only we could recompile the kernel, then it would be gravy.
    I rooted my evolution because I was tired of the bloat of sense. I am now running cm 6.1. I love the new speed this has brought to my device. Also titanium is an awesome apparently but require root.

12-13-10 09:48 AM
    you might want to look into this .apk
    Software2Tech.com � Z4root apk file
    Thanks, but that was only v1.1.0

I found the latest v1.3.0 here... Redirect Bandung-Flasher.com GSM CDMA Cell Phone Repair Forum...
    12-13-10 09:55 AM
118 ... 2345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD