Two great devices, Droid Bionic (VZW) and the Atrix (AT&T) both from Motorola. Now why in the blue h3ll does the bionic only have 512mb of RAM while the Atrix has a full Gb!?

These stupid games manufacturers and the carriers play! The bionic has a bigger screen but less RAM and the Atrix has a smaller screen and more RAM. Things like this really put a damper on the excitement for me when new devices are released.

(I'm on Verizon btw)
    01-06-11 08:51 PM
    So dont buy either of them. Simple solution.
    01-06-11 08:54 PM
    So dont buy either of them. Simple solution.
    That really solves nothing....
    01-06-11 08:55 PM
    Two great devices, Droid Bionic (VZW) and the Atrix (AT&T) both from Motorola. Now why in the blue h3ll does the bionic only have 512mb of RAM while the Atrix has a full Gb!?

These stupid games manufacturers and the carriers play! The bionic has a bigger screen but less RAM and the Atrix has a smaller screen and more RAM. Things like this really put a damper on the excitement for me when new devices are released.

(I'm on Verizon btw)
    Is the 512mb actually confirmed? I've seen conflicting reports.
    01-06-11 08:57 PM
    Neither does stating the obvious about both devices. There is no solving of the problem to be had. You'll either decide on which you want to purchase or purchase neither as suggested.
    01-06-11 09:35 PM
    01-06-11 09:44 PM
    This post cracks me up. How can you be dissapointed with devices that aren't even out yet...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-06-11 09:52 PM
    Yeah, its pretty disappointing seeing that. But since the device isn't out yet maybe they will reconsider? I doubt it but its a possibility.
    I'm disappointed the thunderbolt isn't dual core. :-(

01-06-11 10:11 PM
    Different devices aimed at different type of folks, maybe?
    01-06-11 10:43 PM
    Neither does stating the obvious about both devices. There is no solving of the problem to be had. You'll either decide on which you want to purchase or purchase neither as suggested.
    I never stated there was a problem to begin with.... I only stated my disappointment.
    01-06-11 10:44 PM
    This post cracks me up. How can you be dissapointed with devices that aren't even out yet...

So if specs are released you can't be disappointed even with the device not released?
    01-06-11 10:45 PM
    Is the 512mb actually confirmed? I've seen conflicting reports.
    Yeah there is a conflict, some say it's 1 GB others say 512 MB. Lets cross our fingers and hope it's the first rather than the later.
    01-06-11 10:47 PM
    Oh get over it.
    01-07-11 01:18 AM
    The goods news is they both obliterate your storm....
    Slapnpop826, Lilin28 and K Bear like this.
    01-07-11 01:21 AM
    It is 512Mb. Just know the device is still better than any other device out, besides the Atrix and maybe the 2x.
    01-07-11 06:30 AM
    It is 512Mb. Just know the device is still better than any other device out, besides the Atrix and maybe the 2x.
    Well and even in that regard, the Bionic is the only dual core with LTE. I'm starting to think Motorola is the only one that could actually get the dual core with LTE to actually work without totally screwing things up.
    01-07-11 07:38 AM
    Well and even in that regard, the Bionic is the only dual core with LTE. I'm starting to think Motorola is the only one that could actually get the dual core with LTE to actually work without totally screwing things up.
    Same here. Moto provides the best battery life, reception and call quality as well. I just wonder what size battery this guy will have. I have only seen the Atrix battery listed. I hope the Bionic has the same.
    Last edited by avt123; 01-07-11 at 08:29 AM.
    01-07-11 07:42 AM
    I never stated there was a problem to begin with.... I only stated my disappointment.
    I haven't been to crackberry in a long time, but I came back when I saw this thread. It's too bad that you had a valid point and question, and instead of anyone offering any valuable input, they decide to criticize your post instead, even though you didn't flame anyone, or use profanity of any sort. In regard to your post, yes it is disappointing for Motorola to have put double the ram in a phone that should be on the same level as the Bionic. I will say this though. The Atrix may need the extra ram more, as they have to run 2 different os's/browsers for the laptop accessory. So, I see it needing more ram. However, I still don't see why NOT put the same amount of ram in the Bionic. While on paper, its disappointing compared to the Atrix, this phone is still more powerful, and has better specs than anything I've ever seen, quite frankly. And it has a 4.3 in screen, 8 megapixel camera, and LTE; compared to the Atrix's 4 inch screen, 5 megapixel camera, and HSDPA+. They both seem like they will be great phones. Let's see if we notice any slowdown with the Bionic as we get reviews, and when we use it ourselves. I personally doubt that Motorola would put in the most powerful processor in the world in this phone, plus the most powerful battery(1930), one of the best screen resolutions, and LTE into this device, only for the phone to be held back by insufficient ram.
    01-07-11 08:25 AM
    Same here. Moto provides the best battery life, reception and call quality as well. I just wonder hat size battery this guy will have. I have only seen the Atrix batter listed. I hope the Bionic has the same.
    Yes, according to the Bionic's fact sheet, it will also have a 1930 mah battery.
    http://mediacenter.motorola.com/Fact...heet-353a.aspx
    01-07-11 08:27 AM
    Yes, according to the Bionic's fact sheet, it will also have a 1930 mah battery.
    http://mediacenter.motorola.com/Fact...heet-353a.aspx
    No doubt. Moto knows what's good. I expect to see the same if not better battery life than what I have now. I am willing to even sacrifice a little bit for all that power. The locked bootloader doesn't **** me off as much anymore knowing no other device on VZW will come close to performing as well, custom kernel and all.
    01-07-11 08:30 AM
    No doubt. Moto knows what's good. I expect to see the same if not better battery life than what I have now. I am willing to even sacrifice a little bit for all that power. The locked bootloader doesn't **** me off as much anymore knowing no other device on VZW will come close to performing as well, custom kernel and all.
    Yep, but it hasn't even been confirmed that the bootloader will be locked yet, as no one has gotten their hands on it enough to find out. And even if it is, just like the Droid X, you can still root it, overclock it, ROM it, or/and theme it.
    01-07-11 08:47 AM
    Yep, but it hasn't even been confirmed that the bootloader will be locked yet, as no one has gotten their hands on it enough to find out. And even if it is, just like the Droid X, you can still root it, overclock it, ROM it, or/and theme it.
    I have no doubt it my mind that it will be locked. Every device after the Droid has been. And yea, it isn't so bad with the X, but I would love to run custom kernels. I can live without it though again I guess. I just hope Vanilla ROMs come out fast. I have a feeling Blur wont suck as much on this device though. It's not really bad on the DX either.
    01-07-11 09:11 AM
    You know, i think all this is just a mental thing. Most people will not put to use the 512MB or 1GB of memory...it's quite curious how people are fuming about the Bionic's RAM.

How many people who buy a Land Rover really take the thing off roading?, or the people who buy ferraris take them to the track and go 190MPH...just saying.
    01-07-11 10:18 AM
    You know, i think all this is just a mental thing. Most people will not put to use the 512MB or 1GB of memory...it's quite curious how people are fuming about the Bionic's RAM.

How many people who buy a Land Rover really take the thing off roading?, or the people who buy ferraris take them to the track and go 190MPH...just saying.
    Most people will not care. Many of us here are enthusiasts and do care. Also, it is 512mb of DDR2 RAM, not the typical flash RAM so it is better anyways. And you would be surprised with what some people do on there device. That RAm will be put to very good use.

People are just mad because the Atrix and Bionic have mostly the same specs, but AT&T got the better version. I am really surprised that Moto didn't just make the same device and throw and LTE/CDMA radio in one and a GSM in the other. The Atrix also has the fingerprint scanner (i'd rather use that then type in a password every time I unlock my device) and the laptop dock. I believe none of that was mentioned for the Bionic.
    01-07-11 10:33 AM
    How does my first post not solve the issue? If you don't like what the manufacturer puts in the phone then don't buy it. Why buy it if it's not what you want? I think it is a good solution.

I haven't been to crackberry in a long time, but I came back when I saw this thread. It's too bad that you had a valid point and question, and instead of anyone offering any valuable input, they decide to criticize your post instead, even though you didn't flame anyone, or use profanity of any sort. In regard to your post, yes it is disappointing for Motorola to have put double the ram in a phone that should be on the same level as the Bionic. I will say this though. The Atrix may need the extra ram more, as they have to run 2 different os's/browsers for the laptop accessory. So, I see it needing more ram. However, I still don't see why NOT put the same amount of ram in the Bionic. While on paper, its disappointing compared to the Atrix, this phone is still more powerful, and has better specs than anything I've ever seen, quite frankly. And it has a 4.3 in screen, 8 megapixel camera, and LTE; compared to the Atrix's 4 inch screen, 5 megapixel camera, and HSDPA+. They both seem like they will be great phones. Let's see if we notice any slowdown with the Bionic as we get reviews, and when we use it ourselves. I personally doubt that Motorola would put in the most powerful processor in the world in this phone, plus the most powerful battery(1930), one of the best screen resolutions, and LTE into this device, only for the phone to be held back by insufficient ram.
    What is supposed to be "valuable input"? We are not the manufacturer so we can not change the specs. But if he doesn't like what the manufacturer puts in the device then don't buy it. Like I have now said twice. Are we supposed to be amazingly sympathetic that he can't figure this out himself? Are we supposed to just agree with him? Is that valuable imput?
    01-07-11 10:38 AM
93 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD