So, has anyone with a (Motorola) Droid (or any phone, I guess) experienced battery life where light-moderate use throughout the day puts you at 15% battery when you get home (~ 9-10 hours), and yet every so often you get a day where you're only down to say 50-60% over the same period with the same amount of use?

I've been trying my best to determine how this is happening, but I really can't figure it out. I don't feel like I'm doing anything differently on the special days, and yet I know that I can't be magically getting the amazing battery life that those rare days provide me with...

So anyway, anyone else experienced this? And have any ideas as what is causing it for you?
    02-23-10 02:30 AM
    first guess would be those days with great battery life are in a different location that gets a better signal. low signal quality leads to excessive seeking by the phoens radio and a big drain on the battery.

just my 1st guess
    02-23-10 08:41 AM
    I actually noticed this about my Droid yesterday. I was playing with it at work and when I got home I noticed that barely any battery was missing? I downloaded the taskill application but I was using ATK before that. I dont think that would make that much of a difference. I do kill all apps when the screen goes off.
    02-23-10 08:46 AM
    Every other day lol.
    02-23-10 09:41 AM
    My Droid has been getting better battery life ever since I started using ROMs. Running at 1.2GHz+ I get over a day easily.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-23-10 11:53 AM
    Well, the days I'm comparing to are days at work, which is actually a roaming area (fun). So while I wouldn't be surprised if the battery is less than perfect since I'm always roaming down at work, it doesn't explain why I'd have those random amazing days of amazing battery life.

Oh, and I'm on 2.0.1 and just let the Droid do its thing (no task killer).
    02-23-10 12:38 PM
    mine gets gr8 battery life, i am always in 3g tho. i have wifi & blutooth on a toggle widget, it helps
    02-28-10 03:06 PM
    When I get home from work, I immediately charge my Droid. I will take it off the charger and place it on my night stand when I go to bed. I have found a few times that when I get up in the morning my battery will be at 15% or less. I'm sleeping, so I'm obviously not using the phone, guess I could be sleep-texting....haha! Anyway, I noticed the last two nights that my GPS kicks in around 11 pm or so and is still on in the morning when I wake up. This is obviously what is eating my battery. Is this a normal thing for a Droid to do overnight? Is there a setting somewhere that I am missing, other than shutting it off totally? Anyone else experience this??
    03-01-10 02:25 PM
    When I get home from work, I immediately charge my Droid. I will take it off the charger and place it on my night stand when I go to bed. I have found a few times that when I get up in the morning my battery will be at 15% or less. I'm sleeping, so I'm obviously not using the phone, guess I could be sleep-texting....haha! Anyway, I noticed the last two nights that my GPS kicks in around 11 pm or so and is still on in the morning when I wake up. This is obviously what is eating my battery. Is this a normal thing for a Droid to do overnight? Is there a setting somewhere that I am missing, other than shutting it off totally? Anyone else experience this??
    no. i dont think its normal, unless its a app you have installed that requires it, like weatherbug, i have mine set to update every 4 hrs instead of the 1 hr.
    just check your apps & lengthen the update time
    03-05-10 05:08 PM
    I have also had the same experience. I just got 12 hours with my Hero yesterday and I used it a lot. I have never gotten 12 hours from it on one charge. I haven't done anything differently and I used it in the same places. I was even using the GPS. It seems random. But I am sure some clever person will be able to figure it out.

03-10-10 03:24 AM
    Never - ever - had good battery life with the Droid.

S2 blows it away in a battery life comparison.
    03-10-10 12:27 PM
    Never - ever - had good battery life with the Droid.

S2 blows it away in a battery life comparison.
    Just keep telling yourself that:-)
    Signed, former storm owner never going back to that snail.

03-10-10 12:55 PM
    You can easily check and see what apps are running whenever the GPS is unexpectedly on in the morning. ATK does that and there's another way but I forget what it is.
    03-11-10 10:17 AM
    You can easily check and see what apps are running whenever the GPS is unexpectedly on in the morning. ATK does that and there's another way but I forget what it is.
    settings > applications > running services
    03-11-10 08:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD