Finally will be getting mine delivered today, super excited!
    11-08-11 10:02 AM
    skyrocket is brilliant.graphics amazing.no wonder its $600 no commitment.but cant have em all.android maybe in 2 yrs.time will tell.
    11-08-11 05:48 PM
    Can I just say this thing is awesome! I have a lot to learn but so far I
    am pretty impressed.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-08-11 09:00 PM
    Hey guys, I own a Galaxy S II on T-Mobile. I can tell you that going from a Blackberry Bold 9700, to a Galaxy S II, the battery difference is a bit ... jarring.

The screen on the Galaxy S II uses a LOT of battery. If you're on the phone, with it lit up, in my experience, it loses about 1% of battery life every 2 minutes with most of the connectivity off and the screen on automatic brightness. MAX, you can get 3 hours out of that thing while looking at it.

The battery can last a little longer if you're NOT using it nonstop, but you're going to be needing to plug the thing in around 5 in the afternoon. Not joking.

I would say that if long battery life is important to you, consider the Galaxy S II VERY carefully, and lean towards sticking to Blackberry. I don't know how bad the 9900's battery life is, but I'd be shocked if it was as bad as the Galaxy S II.
    11-14-11 07:49 PM
    ^ funny thing is, my SGSII does better than my 9900 did in battery life.

Last edited by GG1; 11-14-11 at 08:11 PM.
    11-14-11 08:03 PM
    So I had a Bold 9780 too, big blackberry addict. I can now say the Galaxy 2 lives up to all it's expectations. I drained my berry's battery in a day, and it's about the same for my Galaxy S2. Although my berry had a bit of an edge. Anyways, if your happy with your Blackberry then I'd suggest you stay. Because Android is another completely different beast. Both are good, just make sure your gettng the phone that meets your needs first.
    11-14-11 08:14 PM
    ^ funny thing is, my SGSII does better than my 9900 did in battery life.

What's your battery life like on you SGS2? Is it any better than mine?
    11-14-11 08:25 PM
    So I had a Bold 9780 too, big blackberry addict. I can now say the Galaxy 2 lives up to all it's expectations. I drained my berry's battery in a day, and it's about the same for my Galaxy S2. Although my berry had a bit of an edge. Anyways, if your happy with your Blackberry then I'd suggest you stay. Because Android is another completely different beast. Both are good, just make sure your gettng the phone that meets your needs first.
    It lasts a day? Are you on it all the time like me?
    11-14-11 08:27 PM
    I use it like browsing for an hour or so in the morning.. then i leave it at school maybe text here and there... then after 6 hours i have around 60% left.. then i use it some more like texting and whatever.. i do try to save battery though. So moderate will get you through a day... heavy constant will get you through... youl need a charge after 8 hours I'd think. But if I used it straight... id get about 5-6 hours on one charge.. talking about constant non stop usage.
    11-14-11 09:02 PM
    What's your battery life like on you SGS2? Is it any better than mine?
    I have no battery issues with my SGSII . I regularly get 16-18 hrs of good use with this phone, meaning phone calls,emails, texts and browsing. I don't Facebook or twitter,have no feeds and I don't play games on my phones. I'm satisfied.

11-14-11 09:07 PM
    I use it like browsing for an hour or so in the morning.. then i leave it at school maybe text here and there... then after 6 hours i have around 60% left.. then i use it some more like texting and whatever.. i do try to save battery though. So moderate will get you through a day... heavy constant will get you through... youl need a charge after 8 hours I'd think. But if I used it straight... id get about 5-6 hours on one charge.. talking about constant non stop usage.
    If that's the case you have some kind of super phone. Yikes. I can use my moderately and I get 5 or 6 hours. I'm having a hard time getting use to it. I was one of those people that would browse the web and and instant message all the time. That lack of battery here for me is doing me in.
    11-14-11 09:22 PM
    Depends on the day for me, I have had a few heavy use days that I only got 5-6 hours on a charge, but take today for example I am 12:42 in use, mostly phone calls, texts, emails and a bit of browsing and I am just hitting 50%. Not bad in my book.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk
    11-15-11 05:06 PM
37 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD