Currently I've got a Curve 8330, and I've had an iphone before that but couldn't stand not having a physical keyboard.

I really like the motorola droid phone, and want to switch over to that within the next week or so mainly because I know that although RIM is trying to become more casual, the Blackberry brand is still a business type smartphone.

Which is the only thing I liked about the iphone, there was just so much more homebrew and things like that(emulators,apps, etc), not to say that the blackberry isn't coming along in those parts, but I also want the bigger screen, camera, etc

I think the droid is perfect, and I've read that the droid has push e-mail like the blackberrys. My question is if it's as stable as the blackberrys? As in not working like an iphones that isn't push and just checks the e-mail every pre decided amount of minutes. It's a concern to me because since I first got my blackberry a year ago, I've made a good couple thousand dollars just from being able to be notified immediately when someone was interested in buying whatever I'm selling(usually corvette huds)

It's important because obviously when a person has time to cool down from possibly buying something, chances are they'll change their mind and no longer want it. But if you can reply within a few minutes to them, then that makes a world of difference when you can close the deal before beginning to end in 20 minutes all that time replying and receiving messages to get them on their way.

I just wanna hear from someone that actually has one about this particular feature before I go and get my droid.
    12-06-09 04:32 AM
    First let me say I LOVE my Droid. Its an awesome device and tops my previous BB's in many ways.

On the other hand, the Droid does not handle email as well as a Blackberry does. Its not as reliable nor is it anywhere as fast as a. BB.

If email is important to you then I would suggest staying with the Blackberry. The Storm2 is an awesome device.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by NetNurse; 12-06-09 at 06:00 AM.
    12-06-09 05:56 AM
    This is the problem I'm going through now. Email on droid is pure crap for yahoo. I have lost money using this phone because of email. Cool phone but I can no longer use it has a business phone. Droid will be my backup here real soon.
    12-06-09 07:56 AM
    If you get a gmail account and have your yahoo email forwarded to your gmail account - VIOLA - you have push email. THe only push email on the droid is gmail because it's working off google's cloud.
    12-06-09 09:32 AM
    Yahoo mail seems to be the only service that has issues. I use gmail and other email hosted through Google Apps and all are awesome. Google controls the world, get your email all setup through them and you'll be happy as can be!!
    12-06-09 10:50 AM
    Like the other posters said if you can live with using Gmail or if you already use it then you're in business. The gmail push is as good as BBs. If you use a non-gmail email and can forward it to gmail, then that should work too.
    12-06-09 11:30 AM
    Thanks everyone, luckily I've used gmail since the first invites were sent out when it was just starting so I'm guessing I'm good to go.

Nothing stopping me from getting the droid now.

Thanks everyone.
    12-06-09 04:40 PM
    This is the problem I'm going through now. Email on droid is pure crap for yahoo. I have lost money using this phone because of email. Cool phone but I can no longer use it has a business phone. Droid will be my backup here real soon.
    Once again I have to ask the question, if you have a business or your business depends on mail, why the heck do you use Yahoo? First its not professional as a domain branded email address, and two, there are much better free email options than Yahoo.
    12-06-09 07:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD