Hello All,

my brother bought a brand new Motorola droid 2 - on the box there was a green dot on the white label. I was wondering what the significance of this is as i see some boxes have a green dot while others do not?

Thank you
    09-08-10 10:22 AM
    Might be a shipment thing.. Who knows.
    09-08-10 04:57 PM
    I thought green dot on VZ products meant refurbished??
    09-08-10 09:58 PM
    I thought green dot on VZ products meant refurbished??
    I thought so too.

OP - try searching the Tour forum for "green dot". I recall that there was quite a bit of discussion on this as people were returning their Tours for replacements due to trackball issues.
    09-09-10 07:34 AM
    I bought a new Motorola Droid 2 from verizon 3 weeks ago, pd. @199.00. My box has a green dot also. If I find out this is a refurbished phone, I will take it back immediately? Anyone know what the green dot means?
    09-09-10 10:40 AM
    It used to mean it was a referb, at least with Blackberries. Most of the replacement Tours from VZW came with a green dot on the box. But they didn't come in factory packaging though, they usually came in plain brown boxes.
    09-09-10 06:36 PM
    It was discussed a while back as indicating a return or refurb phone. For whatever reason, that perticular handset was not inventoried as "NEW FROM FACTORY". If it was never sold or opened for any reason, it would not have had a green dot on it. I'm willing to bet that VZW is selling their backup units as new. Some of these backup units also have green dots on them, indicating that they should be given out as replacements for defects if customers come into the store for a replacement. It's possible whomever pulled the phone off the shelf simply pulled one of these.
    09-09-10 10:42 PM
    Verizon lies! Roflmao!
    09-10-10 01:35 AM
    Mistake makes sense
    09-10-10 01:41 AM
    The green dot is to indicate a software update was done. They are not always green dots, it really depends on what color dot they have available. Your green dot just means the most recent software is installed.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-11-10 08:48 PM
    actually i dont think it means its a refurb...i got my Droid1 replaced with a Droid2 and it had it ...i got it a week after Droid2 launched
    09-14-10 02:26 AM
    Yeah, for the Tour it was to indicate that it was from a newer manufacturing lot that didn't have the trackball scrolling issue IIRC.
    09-14-10 03:27 AM
    Interesting, but yeah when items gets returned the retail box usually gets marked with a small sticker. Don't know if that's what it is though.
    09-14-10 06:18 AM
    The green dot is to indicate a software update was done. They are not always green dots, it really depends on what color dot they have available. Your green dot just means the most recent software is installed.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I did a lot of research into this and this is correct, a green dot means a software update/different revision. The dots are also used for shipment purposes so they know they checked that inventory into stock. Some blackberries come with blue dots on them and some LG's come with green as well.
    09-14-10 10:39 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD