I've got an HTC Incredible. About a week ago I got pushed an android OS update, they never asked me, it just started. Then it happened again, I think in the middle of the night. I notice a different green cursor thing when I delete text, not much else. But all my contact RTs are reset to default, and the actual RTs that I made from songs are gone, and I think a lot of my pix are gone too. I had some on the SD card and some on the phone's 8gb memory. It kind of pisses me off, and I have no idea what's new in this. I did get some automatic Verizon backup service, and it disabled Launcher Pro from my startup screen. Anyone else have a similar problem? I have a hunch that Verizon did this so they car try and sell me their usual crap and services again.
    11-21-11 12:06 PM
    Do a battery pull. It might fix your problem

Sent from my Thunderbolt using Tapatalk
    11-25-11 10:06 PM
    My Bolt would update automatically too.

OTA Thunderbolt]
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by chrisy520; 11-27-11 at 03:16 AM.
    11-27-11 02:54 AM
    Followup: After that update they pushed some other stuff a few days later, and then I didn't get Gmail nor could I send Gmail (my other POP3 email acct. was OK). Battery pull did zero. I called Vzn and the very nice CS rep said there were many "glitches" with that pushed update, and that I had no choice in whether to accept the update, and she walked me though wiping the phone. All my apps wiped, any pix/music that was on the 8gb internal memory. Took me days to reinstall apps, reenter passwords, etc. I'm not real happy about it either. The only good news is that she said I'd be due for a phone upgrade in January with an extra $50 off (I bought this phone in 5/10). iPhone here I come!!
    11-28-11 10:07 AM
    Updates unfortunately are pushed over the air. Actually they don't come from the carriers. They come from the manufacturers. HTC and Verizon have both told me this. You can call HTC anytime. They don't hide from their customers like RIM. When I had BB I could never easily reach RIM like I can call HTC

Sent from my Thunderbolt using Tapatalk
    12-11-11 08:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD