Global means anywhere. Not every country supports CDMA...most support GSM. The phone needs to be able to work everywhere there is cell service for it to be considered global.
    In a very strict sense I suppose. My android phones have worked in a 'global' setting, although I know gsm bands are more widely supported for now. It just seems that a lot of people unknowingly assume that as soon as you leave the country your phone is useless, when in many cases you can get service.
    09-28-10 08:32 PM
    i don't assume that. You can easily look up which countries use what technology. i just want a phone that can handle both, depending where i travel to. i don't want to hope my phone works where i'm going. i don't want two devices. So, having a global phone is handy. When i went on a cruise i visited countries that had GSM, and countries on CDMA. My Tour worked in both yay.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-28-10 08:53 PM
    In a very strict sense I suppose. My android phones have worked in a 'global' setting, although I know gsm bands are more widely supported for now. It just seems that a lot of people unknowingly assume that as soon as you leave the country your phone is useless, when in many cases you can get service.
    You will find almost no cities in Europe where you can get CDMA voice or data. There might be a few, but they are not many. Get out of the big cities and it is 100% GSM.
    09-29-10 07:04 AM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD