Android over BlackBerry:

1. Apps
    2. Gaming/fun

BlackBerry over Android:

1. Keyboard
    2. Design/aesthetics

... personal taste of course. Now I just need to assign values to them and perhaps I can finally pinpoint which I want to stick with. I'm getting tired of having to call customer care and have them switch the feature for me every other week, and I know they're getting tired of me too, as I'm sure you all are. LOL!

Should I go with percentages or numeric scale (1-10)? Hmmm... frustrating!!!
    09-25-10 11:39 PM
    okay...

apps = 7
    gaming/fun = 3

keyboard = 9
    design/aesthetics = 9

guess there's no competition. odd, i'd've thought for sure the comparison would've come down to a closer match. shows what i value more, looks over function... sad.
    09-26-10 01:05 AM
    WTF is this? Are you starting a thread and talking to yourself in it?
    09-26-10 01:59 AM
    ^^Funny.....
    09-26-10 05:26 AM
    i won't get Android because it's not a global phone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-26-10 05:57 AM

there are more GSM Androida than CDMA androids.

how are they not global?

09-26-10 07:27 AM

how are they not global?

um how many do both, that is the definition of global
    09-26-10 08:55 AM

how are they not global?

On Verizon there are yet no Android global phones. Additionally, a truly global phone needs to have CDMA and GSM radios. Several countries either don't use GSM or have stronger CDMA networks.

I am waiting for a true global Android phone on VZW with a touchscreen to compare with the BB options. That is when I will seriously considering jumping ship. I know the Droid Pro is supposed to be the first one, but I don't want a slider. I will wait and see!
    09-26-10 08:55 AM
    I also forgot to add: I want a front facing camera and a Droid camera that works worth a crap. All the reviews I have read state how much better the iPhone 4's camera is. Those would also compel me to switch.
    09-26-10 09:03 AM

Not for Verizon, but the Droid 2 WE is coming out soon, so that will be Verizon first Android global phone. The rest of the GSM world has had Android global phones since Android was released to consumers.
    09-26-10 09:31 AM
    Not for Verizon, but the Droid 2 WE is coming out soon, so that will be Verizon first Android global phone. The rest of the GSM world has had Android global phones since Android was released to consumers.
    Again, it needs CDMA to be truly global. I go several places in Asia where GSM does not fly.
    09-26-10 10:48 AM
    Again, it needs CDMA to be truly global. I go several places in Asia where GSM does not fly.
    your taste for a android phone is perfect i would wait till 2011 Q1 to see whats poppin cause im also dying for a front facing cam with 4G also. but i will wait till my upgrade
    09-26-10 10:52 AM
    I just said the Droid 2 WE is coming out for VZW. That means CDMA/GSM. But you don't want a slider, so I can't help you on that one.
    09-26-10 10:54 AM
    WTF is this? Are you starting a thread and talking to yourself in it?
    i just have to see these types of things in writing and didn't have a pen and paper handy. was also curious to see if anybody else felt the same.
    09-26-10 11:58 AM
    09-27-10 06:51 PM
    If VZW got a global Android i would consider it!

09-27-10 06:57 PM
    just not a slider
    09-27-10 06:58 PM
    i'm not into sliders either. Like either full qwerty or full touch.

09-27-10 07:02 PM

this is not entirely accurate any longer. cdma expanded more extensively in 2008 and now several countries provide cdma roaming capability. gsm networks are still more widely available, but in most major cities around the world cdma networks can be found/used/roamed on.
    09-28-10 08:10 AM
    Is there a VZW Android with CDMA and GSM then? That's a global phone. Both. Is there any Android with both CDMA and GSM?

09-28-10 11:45 AM
    Is there a VZW Android with CDMA and GSM then? That's a global phone. Both. Is there any Android with both CDMA and GSM?

The Droid 2 WE will have both it is releasing very soon.... but you don't want a slider.
    09-28-10 02:05 PM
    yeah, but another slider... boo. basically the G2 with a verizon logo on it.
    09-28-10 03:32 PM

at the moment there isn't. is your definition of global phone one that has to have at least gsm? for some reason i thought 'global' meant it can function in other countries outside of the primary... my android phone gets a cdma signal in hong kong, tel aviv and kingston. does that not count as global?
    09-28-10 03:34 PM
    at the moment there isn't. is your definition of global phone one that has to have at least gsm? for some reason i thought 'global' meant it can function in other countries outside of the primary... my android phone gets a cdma signal in hong kong, tel aviv and kingston. does that not count as global?
    Global means anywhere. Not every country supports CDMA...most support GSM. The phone needs to be able to work everywhere there is cell service for it to be considered global.
    Last edited by avt123; 09-28-10 at 03:49 PM.
    09-28-10 03:42 PM
    Global means the device has both CDMA and GSM, Yes.

09-28-10 04:05 PM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD