As you most likely you guys know, BlackBerry 10 will be ended soon, I personally want to buy a compatible android and install Sailfish OS on it as I was always huge fan of NOKIA N9
    And I still have that precious device
    Please let me know if you agree or disagree.

Posted via CB10
    Meenix and Xrzysioo like this.
    11-14-15 01:14 AM
    I'm waiting to see what Intex comes out with.
    Meenix likes this.
    11-14-15 02:17 AM
    Oh, I am not familiar with what just you said
    What is intex?

Posted via CB10
    11-14-15 02:19 AM
    Indias largest smartphone manufacturer and a Jolla partner. They are working on Sailfish OS phone.
    11-14-15 02:27 AM
    I'm with Onion there, Wait for the Intex device, Sailfish Android ports are pretty buggy at the moment

Posted via CB10 v....not telling
    11-14-15 02:29 AM
    Me too waiting to see what's coming out of Intex. Maybe by December or January.

Posted via CB10
    11-14-15 03:01 AM
    Recently Jolla costs 169�, besides dreaming of YotaPhone 3 with Sailfish.
    11-14-15 05:14 AM
    Sailfish doesn't interest me. It's just another Linux os that is overly complicated without all the benefits that made bb10 great. Might as well just go with android where you can keep many of the benefits now with bb's android apps and have access to everything.

At least with bb10 it was unique from the core to the features. Wish they would open source it.

Posted via CB10
    11-14-15 05:35 AM
    Indias largest smartphone manufacturer and a Jolla partner. They are working on Sailfish OS phone.
    Actually the third largest
    11-14-15 05:49 AM
    As for choosing yotaphone I should say I would rather being tracked by CIA and NSA than those FSB ruthless creatures

As for intex I can't wait to see new OS like meego to touch over, damn meego was greatest

Posted via CB10
    11-14-15 07:08 AM
    As you most likely you guys know, BlackBerry 10 will be ended soon, I personally want to buy a compatible android and install Sailfish OS on it as I was always huge fan of NOKIA N9

Posted via CB10
    Lol.

Sailfish has same android runtime as Bb10.

P.s. Bb10 is not ending

Posted via CB10
    11-14-15 07:31 AM
    I would love jolla on my priv. I would have gotten one by now, but doesn't work with my carrier might get the tablet first.
    11-14-15 07:50 AM
    Firstly, Sailfish OS is using AlienDalvik as a runtime for android
    secondly, There are much more less bugs compare to BB10
    thirdly, in BB10 you will never be able to use your own server VPN which is pptp
    Adblock never works in BB10 because of rooting issues, installing codecs is impossible on BB10
    There is no any sense of creativity and beauty in BB10 not even a bit compare to Sailfish OS
    BB10 is not open source while Sailfish OS is fully open source
    rootable and you can run almost any APKs on top of AlienDalvik
    I guess I made my point, so out of 10 BB10 can reach to 3-4 while Sailfish OS can get nearly 7/10
    but, it is still my own opinion.
    Xrzysioo likes this.
    11-14-15 07:54 AM

Posted via CB10
    Jolla announced Nokia N9 is not operation sailfish OS.

 Z10/STL100-2 OS 10.3.2. 2789
    11-14-15 08:47 AM
    I bought an Jolla to test and compare with BlackBerry 10. After four hours I got tired and I took my BlackBerry 10! They are so late that it's horrible, so take serious Priv

Posted via CB10
    11-14-15 10:17 AM
    I bought an Jolla to test and compare with BlackBerry 10. After four hours I got tired and I took my BlackBerry 10! They are so late that it's horrible, so take serious Priv

Posted via CB10
    What's horrible about it? Sailfish is excellent, Sailfish 2.0 is even better
    11-14-15 10:30 AM
    What's horrible about it? Sailfish is excellent, Sailfish 2.0 is even better
    People just don't know how to use it. What they don't realize is that BB10 is a dumbed down version of MeeGo, and Sailfish is the improved to version.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    11-14-15 10:38 AM
    People just don't know how to use it. What they don't realize is that BB10 is a dumbed down version of MeeGo, and Sailfish is the improved to version.

You have a Tutorial when you first boot the device, if people don't follow it and learn it's their own fault
    11-14-15 11:00 AM

Posted via CB10
    One more jack master of all...
    Who knows everything about blackberry...

Posted via CB10
    11-14-15 11:29 AM

No meego was the dumbed down version. No hub, android runtime, flick keyboard, and so on.

Sailfish at least has an android runtime but still no play services just like bb10.

Posted via CB10
    11-14-15 04:33 PM
    No meego was the dumbed down version. No hub, android runtime, flick keyboard, and so on.

Sailfish at least has an android runtime but still no play services just like bb10.

Posted via CB10
    Nope, other way around, Meego is old.

11-14-15 04:40 PM
    Nope, other way around, Meego is old.

Yes meego is older. I was just pointing out bb10 wasn't just a dumbed down meego as was stated but was far superior.

Posted via CB10
    11-14-15 05:05 PM
    While we are on the subject
    Can someone tell me if google contact and calendar sync works on sailfish 2.0
    I keep reading that it has issues with CALDAV/CARDAV
    Syncs first time you set it up then it's bye bye
    Also i read about TONS of bugs on together forums
    Are they individual instances or are they more generalised
    11-14-15 07:24 PM
    well my friend, as you might know the Sailfish OS is a pure linux platform
    this means all sort of bugs can be fixed in least time frame and because it is an actual open-source even you can alter any part of it by your own knowledge, but of course it is very dependent on how much knowledge you have towards the Linux itself, compare to N9 which it is Debian based, Sailfish OS is based on Open-SUSE which makes it quite more difficult to learn, but the good thing is that there are tons of developers working on this platform almost 24/7, the professional developers even have very confident hands-on this platform and they find fixes for every bugs very fast
    overall, I can say compare this to BB10 and you will see the thing we all BB10 owners expected wasn't paid off.

still this is my own experience though.
    11-15-15 10:51 AM
    well my friend, as you might know the Sailfish OS is a pure linux platform
    this means all sort of bugs can be fixed in least time frame and because it is an actual open-source even you can alter any part of it by your own knowledge, but of course it is very dependent on how much knowledge you have towards the Linux itself, compare to N9 which it is Debian based, Sailfish OS is based on Open-SUSE which makes it quite more difficult to learn, but the good thing is that there are tons of developers working on this platform almost 24/7, the professional developers even have very confident hands-on this platform and they find fixes for every bugs very fast
    overall, I can say compare this to BB10 and you will see the thing we all BB10 owners expected wasn't paid off.

still this is my own experience though.
    It's based on a Linux Kernel and the Nemo Project, which is a Qt based project, the Silica UI is also Qt, it's more similar to BB10 than you may realise.

11-15-15 10:55 AM
28 12