I am about 14 months into my 2 year contract on Verizon w/ a BB Curve and 4 other cells on a 1400 min family plan. I was told by various VZW reps that I could upgrade my primary line phone every 12 months for the price of a new 2 year contract. I Pre ordered a Droid last week at BB and they checked my number and said OK. Today I heard about the online upgrade checker on their website so I tried that and it said I wasn't elligible till March which is my early NE2 date. So I called the store to make sure and they said that I wasn't elligible!! After talking to 2 more people they said that I could upgrade using the Hero (?) Program. I don't know what that is but it appears I am back on track for Friday at 10:00. Why do they have to make it so difficult?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-04-09 08:13 PM
    If you have My Verizon (the online service, essentially) you are eligible for an early upgrade. The date that shows online is the NE2 date, yes, but you can skip that if you want. My guess is, when you called the store, they just thought you meant using your NE2 when you buy it, which isn't going to get moved up.

Either way, you should be all set still. No worries man.
    11-04-09 09:30 PM
    I just logged into "My Verizon" and it said I was eligible for an Annual upgrade at discounted pricing w/ 2 year renewal. As you say, "no worries" but it's in my blood. I will worry till I'm walking out the door with a Droid.
    11-04-09 09:46 PM
    I just logged into "My Verizon" and it said I was eligible for an Annual upgrade at discounted pricing w/ 2 year renewal. As you say, "no worries" but it's in my blood. I will worry till I'm walking out the door with a Droid.
    I hear you. I'm the same way. I went thru 5 Storms (bought that 1st on on launch day - 11/21) and they switched me to a Tour in August because I went thru so many Storms but they also renewed my plan so it says I'm technically not eligible for NE2 until April 2011 and not eligible for my yearly upgrade until August 2010. That shouldn't be. My yearly upgrade should still be 11/21 of this year. How can I get that to happen.

If I cannot it's not terrible as I will give this tour to my son and get the droid with my number. I'd prefer not to do that if I didn't have too.
    11-04-09 10:48 PM
    .....My yearly upgrade should still be 11/21 of this year. How can I get that to happen.....
    One thing that seems to work occasionally is:

Step 1. Call VZW and ask to get upgrade date pushed up.
    Step 2. If that works go to step 3 otherwise go to step 1.
    Step 3. Buy Droid for $199

Good luck and post if it works.
    11-04-09 11:04 PM
    I hear you. I'm the same way. I went thru 5 Storms (bought that 1st on on launch day - 11/21) and they switched me to a Tour in August because I went thru so many Storms but they also renewed my plan so it says I'm technically not eligible for NE2 until April 2011 and not eligible for my yearly upgrade until August 2010. That shouldn't be. My yearly upgrade should still be 11/21 of this year. How can I get that to happen.

If I cannot it's not terrible as I will give this tour to my son and get the droid with my number. I'd prefer not to do that if I didn't have too.
    You got a MultiFRU, basically? Because of that, you're probably not going to get them to move your upgrade eligibility date 10 months. I don't think I've seen anyone on here yet that's been allowed to do that.

You got a new Tour in August. That's your phone now. That's where your 11/21 of this year upgrade eligibility went. It went into your spanking-new Tour you have been using.
    11-05-09 12:21 AM
    Well it turns out that I was worried for good reason. I showed up at 10:00 at BestBuy Friday for my scheduled appointment. They would not honor the early upgrade at 12 months like they eventually told me the other day. I got a refund for the gift card and was in a Verizon store by 10:30. I was second in line and got my Droid without any problems. Bestbuy can #$%^ my $%^&! It all ended up fine in the end. Got my Droid and love it.
    11-07-09 04:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD