Poynt is the shizz. I am really happy to hear this. It was one of a couple apps that made me hold on to my old 8330 for as long as I did. This release makes my life complete.

From an email from them:

Hi, Everyone!

Thanks for your continued interest in Multiplied Media and our multi-award winning application, Poynt - the free location-based search application that connects smartphone users with their local area.

We're very pleased to announce that Poynt is now available for Android� users in the Unites States, Canada and the United Kingdom. Simply visit Poynt download on your Android� phone or download it directly from the Android� Market."
    07-29-10 01:19 PM
    awesome, downloading it now.

looks just like the RIM counterpart

Last edited by mjneid; 07-29-10 at 01:25 PM.
    07-29-10 01:20 PM
    Got evo last weekend and poynt was one if my most used apps on my blackberry. Glad it's now on android.
    07-29-10 01:42 PM
    hmm just tried using it and it froze up every time I loaded it. Odd. Loved it on my BB.
    07-29-10 01:59 PM
    google just released "places" probably the same type of app.
    07-29-10 02:02 PM
    Thanks for the heads up. I use Poynt on my S2 so I'm glad they released it for Android. Going to download it now on my DInc. Now I'm just waiting for Tank Recon 3D to be released for Android.
    07-29-10 02:09 PM
    It force closed on me the first time I tried to use it. I turned my phone off and back on and now it's working great.

It is similar to Places but better.
    07-29-10 03:56 PM
    google just released "places" probably the same type of app.
    Google Places is a knock off of Yelp. Poynt is totally different.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-29-10 04:17 PM
    I just did a search in the Android market for this app a few days ago! By far one of the best free apps available on any smartphone!
    07-29-10 04:32 PM
    This made my evening! I had been using Places, but to me it didn't compare to Poynt. Poynt was definitely my favorite app on my bb. Thanks for the heads up!
    07-29-10 07:47 PM
    Nice this is so awesome. Made my transition to android that much better.
    07-29-10 08:28 PM
    Nice! Yes, Poynt is one of my favorite apps. Very good to know that if/when I jump, I can still get it.
    07-30-10 07:23 AM
    Nice! Yes, Poynt is one of my favorite apps. Very good to know that if/when I jump, I can still get it.
    Three more must have apps are K-9 mail, Dialer One (both free) and AudioManager Pro.

These three apps turn the Droid into a kick *** business tool that has the features I missed the most when I made the jump.
    07-30-10 09:14 AM
    Poynt is okay now that Googles Places has been released. Places just offers more customizaion and to be quite honest, I think it's just as good if not a better app.
    07-30-10 10:29 AM
    So does Poynt not work well for anyone else? Every time I try a theater search it freezes up on that screen.
    07-30-10 10:49 AM
    for some reason i thought poynt had been out for android already...could've swore i had it on my droid a few months ago. might have been a dream...

even though i liked poynt on my bb i prefer the similar app called WHERE since it seems to have the same features and more.
    07-30-10 10:55 AM
    for some reason i thought poynt had been out for android already...could've swore i had it on my droid a few months ago. might have been a dream...

even though i liked poynt on my bb i prefer the similar app called WHERE since it seems to have the same features and more.
    See I like Where also, but I just don't like hw it is always running in the background even when you aren't using it or haven't used it.
    07-30-10 11:10 AM
    And here is the article BzB. On;y released within the past few days.

http://www.androidcentral.com/android-quick-app-poynt
    07-30-10 12:22 PM
    Poynt's counterpart for android was called "sherpa" and it was out LOOOOOONG ago.. the only difference it sucked a major one.
    07-30-10 12:24 PM
    See I like Where also, but I just don't like hw it is always running in the background even when you aren't using it or haven't used it.
    i've also found it to be a sneaky app, there's a few of them actually. i usually kill it off manually when i'm done anyway. i despise apps hanging out after i've told them to go away.
    07-30-10 12:35 PM
    i've also found it to be a sneaky app, there's a few of them actually. i usually kill it off manually when i'm done anyway. i despise apps hanging out after i've told them to go away.
    Exactly. I don't use Where anymore for that reason. I remember my GPS going off for absolutely no reason, and knew it had something to do with Where because it was still open after I thought i closed it.
    07-30-10 12:40 PM
    Plus I like the gas feature on poynt. almost always accurate as to gas prices around the area. I think poynt works pretty well. Where I was not too impressed with.
    07-30-10 12:44 PM
    Three more must have apps are K-9 mail, Dialer One (both free) and AudioManager Pro.

These three apps turn the Droid into a kick *** business tool that has the features I missed the most when I made the jump.
    Thanks. That's exactly what Ill be using if for (as that's what my BB does for me now). I guess I'll need to start making a list of apps.
    07-30-10 03:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD