Like most have mentioned, the camera seems unable to focus well or at all. I have been playing around with it a bit and it appears if you set the camera to Macro focus it is able to hold focus much better resulting in pretty sharp pictures. I tried this on 3 different droids and it appears to fix the focusing issue.

Can anyone else give it a try and report back?

Thanks!

*Edit Just to point out, The pictures I have been taking arent close ups but i have tried multiple focal lengths and it seems to focus for most every shot.

*Edit 2 Upon further testing it seems that the focus issue only appears on my 2 droids when keeping the camera in auto mode and trying to take a pic of something fairly close. This is when macro does a much better job at focusing. I just tried a few more shots in macro and they definitely arent crisp paste a few feet. Hopefully software will fix this.
    Last edited by krnbk2; 11-06-09 at 03:57 PM.
    11-06-09 03:51 PM
    Awww I haven't seen the issue on the camera I take a pic and it looks good am I missing something? or am the lucky. One with out that probem? Lol

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-06-09 04:42 PM
    If you use the touch screen to take the picture there is no focus problem , its only when you use the side key
    11-06-09 04:46 PM
    I have not seen this issue either. Mine look great, and I was using the sidekey.

Does anyones else's lens make a clicking noise when focusing?
    11-07-09 08:19 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD