Based on what follows, I'd appreciate any thoughts to help my decision making...

I found out today that VZ is allowing me an early upgrade.

I'm totally happy with my Storm (1), but love the Google integrated Droid. There's no rush, I could also wait to see what other Droid phones VZ will have out (keeping in mind my affinity for the Google integration)

My main uses are internet browsing, Gmail, and Yahoo email. ( I know you need to get some setting setup for that to work)

Not thrilled with the physical keyboard and not sure when I'd use it.

The general consensus is that the Droid is superior to the Eris.

EDIT: I Suppose if something else comes out in a couple months I could sell the droid (conservatively - $200-250), and my Storm (100.00) then only have to pay 250.00 or so out of pocket for my next toy and full retail
    Last edited by hal1; 11-17-09 at 09:37 PM.
    11-17-09 09:28 PM
    If you can forward your Yahoo email to your Gmail, then that would work.

The browser in the Droid is ridiculous. Seriously, combine the big, high res screen, and fast browser, and you have the perfect web browsing phone.

Add to that all the Apps available, and there is no competition between RIM and the Droid.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-17-09 09:40 PM
    I just got a letter stating I'm eligible for early upgrade (ya, right ) but it says it expires at the end of this month. So you might want to double-check that yours doesn't have an expiration date...
    11-18-09 02:22 AM
    For your uses, the Droid is the best phone on the market for VZW, hands down. Although Yahoo integration is tricky (but can still be done for free), browsing and Gmail are leagues beyond what your Storm offers. And don't even worry about the physical keyboard. The virtual keyboard is very nicely done, and very useable.

There are lots of rumors flying around about the HTC Passion coming out in the next few months, and yes, you could very well sell your Droid and buy the Passion at a decent price (which is what I'm considering as well, simply because I like trying new phones). But the truth is, in the world of smartphones (and technology as a whole), there's always some new "MUST HAVE" device right around the corner.

The Droid is a great device. It's very snappy, responsive, and the screen is incredible. For what you use your phone for, you will not be disappointed with the Droid.
    11-18-09 07:59 AM
    I've been short-sighted. No reason for me not to wait to see what December brings, like the passion or whatever.

thanks all.

I suppose the MODS can close this. Everything else I can find on other threads
    11-18-09 09:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD