In reading WAY too many threads and mis-informed replies, I have become completely confused by all of the... well, confusion. I am new to smartphones and the plans, but here is what I understand so far.

You pay for your calling plan, whatever one it is. And then you add either one of the below-

$30 bucks/month for any smartphone on Big Red. This is the "Unlimited" plan and will allow for internet with a 5gb cap

$45 bucks/month is for businesses, used for mass sync among all users, (push email?)etc

Is that right?

I would like to have my email (through RoadRunner) viewable on my phone. My old man has email set up on his BB, but the issue he has is that the message doesn't get sent to both his computer and phone. It goes to whichever one is on. Does this depend on which plan you get?

Thanks in advance for any replies.

Edit- Should have mentioned I will be getting the Droid
    Last edited by iMatter; 11-03-09 at 12:21 AM.
    11-03-09 12:15 AM
    you're exactly right with pricing

as far as roadrunner, i've never tried to set it up for customers, but as long as it's POP3/IMAP, you should be fine on the $30 plan.

also, you should have 2 emails sent to you...one for the phone and one for the pc...not sure why you were having that problem before
    11-03-09 08:57 AM
    In reading WAY too many threads and mis-informed replies, I have become completely confused by all of the... well, confusion. I am new to smartphones and the plans, but here is what I understand so far.

You pay for your calling plan, whatever one it is. And then you add either one of the below-

$30 bucks/month for any smartphone on Big Red. This is the "Unlimited" plan and will allow for internet with a 5gb cap

$45 bucks/month is for businesses, used for mass sync among all users, (push email?)etc

Is that right?

I would like to have my email (through RoadRunner) viewable on my phone. My old man has email set up on his BB, but the issue he has is that the message doesn't get sent to both his computer and phone. It goes to whichever one is on. Does this depend on which plan you get?

Thanks in advance for any replies.

Edit- Should have mentioned I will be getting the Droid
    I believe that 5GB cap is only for tethering.
    11-03-09 09:20 AM
    you're exactly right with pricing

as far as roadrunner, i've never tried to set it up for customers, but as long as it's POP3/IMAP, you should be fine on the $30 plan.

also, you should have 2 emails sent to you...one for the phone and one for the pc...not sure why you were having that problem before
    Is owa catergorized under pop3 / imap?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-03-09 09:25 AM
    Not sure about owa but road runner is pop3

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-03-09 09:29 AM
    stupid question time - what does owa stand for

any why would it effect using pop3/imap for ANY server?
    11-03-09 09:30 AM
    I too am confused. Is there a way to access my work Outlook account like I do now with my BIS access and not have to pay the additional $15 a month? The fifteen bucks is not a deal killer, but Dh is a teacher and I am a school counselor so we are not exactly rollin' around in cash!
    11-03-09 09:33 AM
    stupid question time - what does owa stand for

any why would it effect using pop3/imap for ANY server?
    owa is outlook web access
    11-03-09 10:45 AM
    There is no 5gb cap, how many times do I have to post that. Please stop posting that myth!
    11-03-09 11:29 AM
    I too am confused. Is there a way to access my work Outlook account like I do now with my BIS access and not have to pay the additional $15 a month? The fifteen bucks is not a deal killer, but Dh is a teacher and I am a school counselor so we are not exactly rollin' around in cash!
    I would like to know this also...
    11-03-09 11:32 AM
    Thanks guys. I think you've answered my question. And yes, RR is pop3.

So here's what it boils down to if you are a typical user- Get the $30 plan and set up your email accordingly.

An update on on the mail sync problem I mentioned above- I figured out his problem. He didn't have "Sync mailbox with this device" checked.
    Last edited by iMatter; 11-03-09 at 11:43 AM.
    11-03-09 11:35 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD