I used BBs for about 3 years up until last September when I got my Droid X. Even my friends with BBs didn't use BBM. We all use SMS. In my area, 9 out of 10 people use Verizon so we have free texting to each other anyway (with a specific package - I think - but doesn't have to be unlimited texting). So leaving BBM was never a big deal for me. I don't get why some people hang onto it. I still miss some things about BBs (basically how everything is uniformed and organized - my OCD sometimes freaks out with my Droid, but I still love it and doubt I could switch back) - but I DON'T miss BBM at all and it would be basically useless to me since most of my friends are converting to Droids or the iPhone when it drops.

I do wish, however, that Google would do a little work on Gtalk, it really could be the controlling force in instant messaging.
    01-25-11 01:45 PM
    I used BBs for about 3 years up until last September when I got my Droid X. Even my friends with BBs didn't use BBM. We all use SMS. In my area, 9 out of 10 people use Verizon so we have free texting to each other anyway (with a specific package - I think - but doesn't have to be unlimited texting). So leaving BBM was never a big deal for me. I don't get why some people hang onto it. I still miss some things about BBs (basically how everything is uniformed and organized - my OCD sometimes freaks out with my Droid, but I still love it and doubt I could switch back) - but I DON'T miss BBM at all and it would be basically useless to me since most of my friends are converting to Droids or the iPhone when it drops.

I do wish, however, that Google would do a little work on Gtalk, it really could be the controlling force in instant messaging.
    I'm in the same boat. I had a Storm 2 and I think I had 2 BBM chats and both were with my wife. I'm now rocking an HTC Incredible and it's amazing. Battery life could be alot better but the pros of Android definately outweigh the cons.

Different strokes for different folks though. My wife tried using my Incredible instead of her Tour and she wants nothing to do with Android (she made it VERY clear too).
    Last edited by flybub; 01-26-11 at 08:52 AM.
    01-26-11 08:47 AM
    I'm in the same boat. I had a Storm 2 and I think I had 2 BBM chats and both were with my wife. I'm now rocking an HTC Incredible and it's amazing. Battery life could be alot better but the pros of Android definately outweigh the cons.

Different strokes for different folks though. My wife tried using my Incredible instead of her Tour and she wants nothing to do with Android (she made it VERY clear too).
    *GASP* Blasphemy!
    01-26-11 09:11 AM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD