Iris Scanning and Facial Recognition Coming to Android via BioLock? | TheUnlockr

Worried all your precious data on your Android phone might fall in to the wrong hands? Well, an app called Biolock is due out by the end of August and it might help you secure your data from evil-doers.

The app can protect your phone by replacing the unlock screen with three different methods of protection (use one or all if you feel like it); a PIN code, iris scan, or facial recognition. The last two using either a front or rear facing camera to decide if you are who you say you are. It also has the ability to protect individual apps, contacts, or data (in case you forget to lock your phone).

Now, the app is due out by the end of this month but a private beta is launching a bit sooner. We�ll wait and see how the reviews go before we invest the $2.99 for this app (how fast can it scan, is it reliable, etc.?)

But maybe you can rest a little easier now, knowing this kind of security tech is coming to Android phones. Only thing now is to protect your eye balls�.
    08-10-10 09:29 AM
    wow. awesome.
    08-10-10 09:33 AM
    Not trying to be an a$$ but I think u made a typo. Maybe you should change it to aren't secure.
    But here goes nice, kinda Big Brotherish, but so long as I don't have to mark
    my hand or forehead I think it's kinda cool
    08-10-10 10:22 AM
    Cool concept, but I wont pay for this app. I keep my phone on lockdown all by my self.
    08-10-10 10:48 AM
    Not trying to be an a$$ but I think u made a typo. Maybe you should change it to aren't secure.
    But here goes nice, kinda Big Brotherish, but so long as I don't have to mark
    my hand or forehead I think it's kinda cool
    yea thats what it should of said but my spell checker doesn't pick up "aren't" i haven't plugged it in yet.... that's what i get for not double checking.
    08-10-10 11:29 AM
    cool idea, for a cheap price i would by and play with it. This has nothing to do with the transmission of data being secure though
    08-10-10 12:14 PM
    cool idea, for a cheap price i would by and play with it. This has nothing to do with the transmission of data being secure though
    no GSM phone is 100% safe from that....
    08-10-10 12:16 PM
    its friggin awesome champion!! Linux-unix powered mobile/ smartphone runs the future Visual, browser, geocaching & Layar Augmented Reality, gaming augmented reality!!

LINUX/UNIX IS the TRUE FUTURE DOMINATED TECHNOLOGY: WEBSO, IPHONE, ANDROID, MEEGO, BADA. WP7 is not FUTURE!
    08-10-10 07:06 PM
    its friggin awesome champion!! Linux-unix powered mobile/ smartphone runs the future Visual, browser, geocaching & Layar Augmented Reality, gaming augmented reality!!

LINUX/UNIX IS the TRUE FUTURE DOMINATED TECHNOLOGY: WEBSO, IPHONE, ANDROID, MEEGO, BADA. WP7 is not FUTURE!
    Are you aware that Androids are Linux based device.....
    08-13-10 11:40 AM
    Are you aware that Androids are Linux based device.....
    I think he is.

He is describing WebOS, iOS, Android, MeeGo and Bada as Linux/Unix based operating systems... But says that WP7 is not.
    08-13-10 12:05 PM
    I didn't know meego was Linux based... you learn something new everyday.
    08-13-10 12:16 PM
    I think he is.

He is describing WebOS, iOS, Android, MeeGo and Bada as Linux/Unix based operating systems... But says that WP7 is not.
    Ah okay, that makes a little more sense, i just thought it was some random post.
    08-13-10 12:28 PM
    I think he is.

too bad common people don't think or see Linux/Unix as the creators and say whats that!?
    08-13-10 01:34 PM

I think he is.

avt123, BILLION THANKS! You are correct!
    08-13-10 02:25 PM
    Okay, i'm going to go out on a limb here, since Blackberry, WebOS, and iOS are are Linux based with a kernel at the base...

why don't Blackberries get "rooted"....
    wut?

08-14-10 07:44 AM
    clean your glasses and try that again
    08-14-10 08:26 AM
    clean your glasses and try that again
    lol, i guess you are right.
    08-14-10 08:36 AM
    This sounds cool until it doesn't recognize your face anymore. But this is only to replace your lock screen. It doesn't make our devices any less vulnerable to someone tapping into our devices data transmission.
    08-14-10 08:37 AM
    This sounds cool until it doesn't recognize your face anymore. But this is only to replace your lock screen. It doesn't make our devices any less vulnerable to someone tapping into our devices data transmission.
    Any GSM phone is open to OTA attacks... bottom line.

and there is only one recorded "Trojan virus" on androids. and you have to install the application, then give it permission.
    08-14-10 08:39 AM
    When you go to download and install apps from market or appbrain, it shows you a list of permissions the app needs so yeah a wallpaper app that requires phone call access and user data is fishy, so be aware and don't just click "OK" everytime you download. Also Lookout security is a nice addition to any Android phone, haven't had any probs so far.
    08-14-10 10:15 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD