Why is that I don't even open up certain Alps and yet when I go to task killer it will show Alps open, for instance I never open my Calender yet there it is open and running?
    Oh and its a motor Droid dunno if that makes a diff

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by Avicus; 02-02-10 at 11:08 PM.
    02-02-10 10:09 PM
    Yeah I always wondered that same thing

02-03-10 12:52 PM
    Does anyone know why this happens?

02-03-10 01:04 PM
    It's probably like a blackberry where there's always certain things running.
    02-03-10 01:11 PM
    The calendar is open due to the Device SYNCING with your gmail account. If you use the google calendar which me and my wife share it's great I put my appts. in and she gets them in her calendar and vice versa....
    02-03-10 03:13 PM
    Your calender has to always be running. If you have an appt, it has to notify you somehow. If the Calender was not running, it would not be able to tell you 30 minutes before your meeting with the boss.

On a side note... This is not a BlackBerry. Do not use task killer apps. It is not necessary, and it is starting to look like they are causing more problems (i.e., slowing down the phone, fc's, etc.)

The Android OS is very good at managing memory. Having a separate app is not necessary.

Do a search about task killer and you will see some people finding out that it is causing issues.

Here is one link to get you started, but there are dozen's more our there
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f169/wh...-phone-409664/
    02-04-10 05:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD