Wow, I really didn't believe multi-touch was considered Apple's patent.

Apple sues rival HTC as phone competition rises - Yahoo! Finance
    03-03-10 10:26 AM
    pretty rich of apple if you ask me. they've been stealing other people's technology from the start. lol. i guess they're really starting to feel the heat now with all the exciting android devices coming out.

guess they're taking the approach of...if you can't beat 'em, SUE!! lol

this has to be about more than multi-touch though, lots of android devices already have it. it will be interesting to see what they're whining about.
    03-03-10 10:40 AM
    Funny, but doesn't the iPhone OS have a Linux kernel in it as well? It's like suing a cousin that looks like you, because they used your likeness without your permission.

In other words, effin ********!!
    03-03-10 01:13 PM
    pretty rich of apple if you ask me. they've been stealing other people's technology from the start. lol. i guess they're really starting to feel the heat now with all the exciting android devices coming out.

guess they're taking the approach of...if you can't beat 'em, SUE!! lol

this has to be about more than multi-touch though, lots of android devices already have it. it will be interesting to see what they're whining about.
    I think u might be right, besides multi-touch isn't their invention anyway.
    Bunch of sissies..........
    03-03-10 01:32 PM
    apple sues htc for stealing iphone technology: Tech Ticker, Yahoo! Finance

this current yahoo article clearly states they are NOT suing over multi touch. i dont see how you can sue someone over that, what an incredibly dumb thing to put a patent on.
    03-03-10 01:44 PM
    Apple knows they are fixin ta get that a$$ whupped
    03-03-10 01:47 PM
    They are not suing over multi-touch, but they ARE suing for the 20 other "really sweet things Android does" that they stole from apple. Read away :
    Apple vs HTC: a patent breakdown -- Engadget
    03-03-10 02:03 PM
    Yea, they can't really sue for multi-touch.. I mean even windows has that functionality (some HP desktops) as well as their Table-series
    03-03-10 02:27 PM
    Actually what they are doing (or attempting to do) is to slow down the Google freight train. It's a common ploy used by companies that want to slow down the development of an idea or set of ideas, usually ones that DON'T belong to them! If Google was a small company & Apple was going after them, they will do so because they know that a small company (not Google) has limited financial resources & if they can in any way tie them up in court for a while, it will buy the plaintiff time for no good reason. I can hardly wait to see the specifics of the complaint. This should be good!

From the South end of Lake Erie.
    03-03-10 02:32 PM
    HTC won't win. Google has CLEARLY stolen Apples work. This isn't little stuff, like "their icons look like our icons" or "they have the same style power button". This is high level programming - there are millions of ways to accomplish this stuff, and I'll bet Apple figured out the best way. The only way Google could hope to compete is to copy it, and they have been caught. Apple will beat HTC, then, once the precedent has been set in court, they will go after Google and beat them as well. I can't say I blame Google at all - if you're going to copy, you might as well copy from the best - and yes, I can say "best". If the iPhone wasn't the best, then every Android device would be a "Storm Killer" or "Pre Plus Clone", but they are not - they are "iPhone Killers" and iPhone Clones". They go after number one. Unfortunately, Apple patented the way to be number one. Sorry Google. Next time, be original.
    03-03-10 02:54 PM
    And APPLE clearly stole NOKIA's work. It's all about the dollars and yes Apple is attempting to slow down google. Crap Apple could sue Microsoft for A lot of stuff on Windows 7 why don't they? Will never win
    03-03-10 02:59 PM
    HTC won't win. Google has CLEARLY stolen Apples work. This isn't little stuff, like "their icons look like our icons" or "they have the same style power button". This is high level programming - there are millions of ways to accomplish this stuff, and I'll bet Apple figured out the best way. The only way Google could hope to compete is to copy it, and they have been caught. Apple will beat HTC, then, once the precedent has been set in court, they will go after Google and beat them as well. I can't say I blame Google at all - if you're going to copy, you might as well copy from the best - and yes, I can say "best". If the iPhone wasn't the best, then every Android device would be a "Storm Killer" or "Pre Plus Clone", but they are not - they are "iPhone Killers" and iPhone Clones". They go after number one. Unfortunately, Apple patented the way to be number one. Sorry Google. Next time, be original.
    LOL! thanks for the laugh man funniest thing I've heard all day! HTC will win, the only thing HTC stole from apple is iphone's THUNDER! haha
    03-03-10 03:12 PM
    Bottom line - Apple will win. These aren't little patents - they are VERY strong, and have a very strong case. HTC is just another Motorolla - they had to jump on Googles coat tails in an attempt to rescue their failing company. If HTC is so proud of their work, they would NEVER have moved to Android. They have no faith in their own OS.

When other manufacturers start going after ANY HTC or Android product, I'll concede defeat. You all know as well as I do that the iPhone is the better product, and Apple is still winning, and will be winning this war for quite a while. Deal with it.
    03-03-10 03:20 PM
    haha yeah you're telling me every one of apples ideas were "original"? I needed a good laugh. Thanks...
    03-03-10 03:20 PM
    the iphones nothing but outdated at this point. the N1 blows that thing out of the water. who cares how proud HTC is of their work? All I care about is the final product, and it sure as heck beats the iCrap.
    03-03-10 03:25 PM
    Rampage LOL thanks for the laugh man. Iphone WAS the best, they improved the game, and made everyone step up. Then the iphone fell behind.. just accept that man, that's the great thing about technology, it improves. Apple is like that kid you know growing up, who thinks he's the best at something, until you crushed him, and then all he can do is cry about it haha..
    03-03-10 03:34 PM
    lol @ the apple fanboy. only small minded people think that their way is the only and best way. there's room on the hill for more than one king. apple is just trying to be a schoolyard bully.

how apple got patents on some of this stuff anyway shows how dumb the patent people and the system is. the patent app and wording was probably so far over their heads and complicated that they just said aww f' it and gave it to them. lol.

plus it's like getting a patent on the wheel and then trying to stop other car manufacturers from putting wheels on their car. not because you did it first, but because (you stole it) got a patent for it first. lol

the stuff included in these patents are only a small part of why people are taking a look at android phones. apple is scared because there is finally a legitimate contender (android) and it comes in more than one flavor.
    03-03-10 03:36 PM
    LOL! thanks for the laugh man funniest thing I've heard all day! HTC will win, the only thing HTC stole from apple is iphone's THUNDER! haha
    Now thats good..................!
    03-03-10 07:54 PM
    Bottom line - Apple will win. These aren't little patents - they are VERY strong, and have a very strong case. HTC is just another Motorolla - they had to jump on Googles coat tails in an attempt to rescue their failing company. If HTC is so proud of their work, they would NEVER have moved to Android. They have no faith in their own OS.

When other manufacturers start going after ANY HTC or Android product, I'll concede defeat. You all know as well as I do that the iPhone is the better product, and Apple is still winning, and will be winning this war for quite a while. Deal with it.
    Hummmm; did I just watch u pull a rabbit out your arse?
    03-03-10 07:56 PM

hahahah i was thinking the same thing. i bed he has a iphone shaped bed and his pillows look like ipod nano's.

almost everything apple has done was taken from the opensource community but they will never contribute to the community or give credit where its due.
    Last edited by zyiro; 03-04-10 at 03:06 PM.
    03-04-10 03:02 PM
    hahahah i was thinking the same thing. i bet he has a iphone shaped bed and his pillows look like ipod nano's.
    U forgot one thing the bitten apple tatooed on his buttock.
    03-04-10 03:13 PM
    HTC won't win. Google has CLEARLY stolen Apples work. This isn't little stuff, like "their icons look like our icons" or "they have the same style power button". This is high level programming - there are millions of ways to accomplish this stuff, and I'll bet Apple figured out the best way. The only way Google could hope to compete is to copy it, and they have been caught.
    Sorry... WRONG! The Apple software is closed (confidential) source so unless they can prove code copying they are condemned to fail on your logic. Presumably that would involve industrial espionage - which doesn't seem to be on the table.

Apple is simply playing dirty again in an effort to block a smaller competitor. It is time the European Union's competition regulators started on Apple like they did on Microsoft. No more forced to use iTunes, no more network locks in the software.
    03-04-10 03:31 PM
    Sorry... WRONG! The Apple software is closed (confidential) source so unless they can prove code copying they are condemned to fail on your logic. Presumably that would involve industrial espionage - which doesn't seem to be on the table.

Apple is simply playing dirty again in an effort to block a smaller competitor. It is time the European Union's competition regulators started on Apple like they did on Microsoft. No more forced to use iTunes, no more network locks in the software.
    U know; never quite thought of it in that light. That makes a lot of sense.
    I think Apple has been sitting on their laurels for quite some time
    and now the new kid on the block (android) has arrived. But it's
    not just coming with one device it's bringing many. Lets not forget
    Apple and Google did have a falling out as well.
    03-05-10 09:02 AM
    U forgot one thing the bitten apple tatooed on his buttock.

HAHAHA i lost it on this one
    03-05-10 04:41 PM
    apple is reaching now,they know android is gonna win
    03-05-10 04:43 PM
39 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD