I love how you completely left out the fact that you need to be rooted for it to work.

also:

"Ads are not blocked when on mobile data connection!

AdAway will not work reliable when on Mobile Networks like 3G. You can deactivate that proxy by going to your selected APN (On Android 4: Wireless and networks -> More… -> Mobile Networks -> Access Point Names) and remove the value in the proxy field."
    Oh darn! You're right. So BB10 can't run AdAway. Man that must suck. But hey, thanks for giving those developers ad revenue though. I appreciate the contribution you are giving to further the cause for Android development.

Honestly, I never have to look at any ads on my Android phones. EVER. They just do not load. Except for audio ads in apps like Pandora. It don't matter if it is WiFi or cellular data.

So I am glad you are helping those Android developers earn a living, cause I certainly am not.

EDIT:

OnePlus One looks amazing!-screenshot_2014-04-25-22-44-27.png

You should try AdAway for yourself. The whole warning about mobile data just isn't applicable. It blocks all ads either way.
    04-25-14 09:42 PM
    Oh darn! You're right. So BB10 can't run AdAway. Man that must suck. But hey, thanks for giving those developers ad revenue though. I appreciate the contribution you are giving to further the cause for Android development.

Honestly, I never have to look at any ads on my Android phones. EVER. They just do not load. Except for audio ads in apps like Pandora. It don't matter if it is WiFi or cellular data.

So I am glad you are helping those Android developers earn a living, cause I certainly am not.

EDIT:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_2014-04-25-22-44-27.png 
Views:	302 
Size:	383.9 KB 
ID:	265780

You should try AdAway for yourself. The whole warning about mobile data just isn't applicable. It blocks all ads either way.
    well somebody has to right? all you do is take, take, take, and take. talk about biting the hand that feeds you. no money = no devs = no apps = no android

you are one selfish mofo.
    04-25-14 10:01 PM
    Again, still doesn't know how Cyanogenmod works.

I know we all love blackberry. I know I do, but please, educate yourselves!
    FYI no one over here is talking to you. go tell someone who cares.
    04-25-14 10:03 PM
    well somebody has to right? all you do is take, take, take, and take. talk about biting the hand that feeds you. no money = no devs = no apps = no android

you are one selfish mofo.
    Are you not the same person that just complained about having to look at 4t5895789759834 ads in Android apps?

Honestly, wouldn't you rather block those 4t5895789759834 ads? I mean you did complain about it. I wouldn't have mentioned that you can block them if you hadn't expressed annoyance in having to look at them.

I don't mind being selfish, my experience is better without ads so I block them. I really do appreciate all of the people who look at them so I don't have to though. Android developers need money to continue developing and thankfully folks like you are staring at those 4t5895789759834 ads and making them money. Keep doing that so they keep developing!
    04-25-14 10:12 PM
    [WARN]Enough bickering. Play nice or go home.[/WARN]
    pkcable and bevcraw like this.
    04-25-14 11:32 PM
    [WARN]Enough bickering. Play nice or go home.[/WARN]
    I second that emotion!
    04-26-14 12:30 AM
    Are you not the same person that just complained about having to look at 4t5895789759834 ads in Android apps?

Honestly, wouldn't you rather block those 4t5895789759834 ads? I mean you did complain about it. I wouldn't have mentioned that you can block them if you hadn't expressed annoyance in having to look at them.

I don't mind being selfish, my experience is better without ads so I block them. I really do appreciate all of the people who look at them so I don't have to though. Android developers need money to continue developing and thankfully folks like you are staring at those 4t5895789759834 ads and making them money. Keep doing that so they keep developing!
    no learn to read.
    04-26-14 08:51 PM
    I wouldn't call CyanogenMod a useless os. There are lots of features in the different versions(even an ad blocker hehe). There's also the theme engine. Consumers love eye candy which is exactly what the theme engine allows.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk
    04-26-14 09:05 PM
    For the record, the reason why android apps have so many ads and bb10 apps don't is because
    1) Piracy is way easier with Android
    2) Since piracy is way easier, devs are forced to use ads as a form of monetization.

On the other hand, I can't remember the last time a good app on the BlackBerry World made me shell out 2 bucks for it only for it to have limited support for stuff like the hub notifications or headless support.

Thus, Cyanogenmod=rooted device=can edit host file to block ads. No need to use third party crap like adsaway.
    04-26-14 09:14 PM
34 12