ok, the only way i go this to work was with k-9 after 3 battery pulls. i don't know exactly why the first two didn't do it but now it seems to be working. i'm crossing my fingers that it keeps on working and not in spurts. so for people who are having problems connecting to yahoo mail via imap, DO NOT USE THE DEFAULT EMAIL APP. go download k-9. i followed the instructions here:

Motorola Droid - Setting Up Yahoo Mail IMAP | Mobile Technology Deals and Help

keep doing a battery pull if it doesn't work the first time. eventually it will. it did for me. i'll post an update regarding the stability of the connection. hope this helps someone at least.
    11-30-09 03:12 PM
    ok, the only way i go this to work was with k-9 after 3 battery pulls. i don't know exactly why the first two didn't do it but now it seems to be working. i'm crossing my fingers that it keeps on working and not in spurts. so for people who are having problems connecting to yahoo mail via imap, DO NOT USE THE DEFAULT EMAIL APP. go download k-9. i followed the instructions here:

keep doing a battery pull if it doesn't work the first time. eventually it will. it did for me. i'll post an update regarding the stability of the connection. hope this helps someone at least.
    Wow good to know for those using Yahoo mail. Does it work as well for Hotmail?
    11-30-09 04:04 PM
    Wow good to know for those using Yahoo mail. Does it work as well for Hotmail?
    yes, i just set up two hotmail and aol emails just using their standard setup (not pop, imap, or whatever). for hotmail and aol i just entered my email and password and it took care of the rest and they work now. it's such a relief!
    11-30-09 04:10 PM
    Quick question, why don't you just have the email forwarded to a gmail account. You can even configure your gmail to send it on behalf of Yahoo.

Adding a custom 'From' address - Gmail Help
    11-30-09 04:56 PM

Not to sound rude but why don't you just update your original thread instead of starting new ones?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by WhosToBlame; 11-30-09 at 09:34 PM.
    11-30-09 09:17 PM
    Quick question, why don't you just have the email forwarded to a gmail account. You can even configure your gmail to send it on behalf of Yahoo.

i was asking that but no one was responding and i didn't know how. tried to search for it on the web, but i figure i'd give email setup another try and this time it worked. can it handle multiple yahoo accounts going into one gmail account and it would know which account it should send it on behalf of? or do i have to have one gmail account for every one yahoo account?
    12-01-09 02:53 AM

I don't think yahoo's free email service will let you foward your emails to another address. I think you can only do it with the paid service.
    12-01-09 10:04 AM
    eh i think i spoke too soon. it was good for a while. it hasn't pulled any email from my yahoo accounts in hours. i even sent test emails from my device (they're sending). i checked online a bit later and saw that i had a bunch of emails sitting there that never got pulled to my device. i don't know if yahoo is somehow actively hunting down imap acess points and shutting them down.
    12-01-09 10:56 AM
    But still not push email right? This configuration has been discussed basically since launch
    12-01-09 08:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD