Got me a S3. I shall name it "BeastMode."
    Greenghost and BergerKing like this.
    12-21-12 08:05 PM
    Got a Nexus 4 last week. Been a loyal BlackBerry fan since I got my Bold 9780 2 years ago and then Playbook a year ago.

After using Nexus 4 for a week, played with the rooting stuff and all the custom ROMs, kernels, whatever you can name... I am seriously in love with my new device and makes me, once a stubborn BB-fan, realised just how much BB can't do (yet, even with BB10). Not to mention apps, the fluidity and hardware is great, all-you-can-mod to make the device suits you.

Of course, I do miss the awesome hard keyboard of my Bold. But I am gonna love my Nexus's IPS screen, after editing the gamma values it looks so wonderful. I haven't touched my PlayBook for a week, now when I play with it, I feel that it is no longer that smooth (thanks Jelly Bean's project butter's poison). Wifi connectivity is not as stable, the awful 1024x600 yellowish tinted screen...

Though, I still love how my PlayBook plays the videos and it has become my multimedia hub. 64 GB of goodness.

I don't think I'll switch back to BlackBerry for BB10... Maybe 10.1 or 10.2, or another generation of BB.
    02-07-13 05:36 AM
    Longtime BB user, started with an old Curve, went to a 9700 Bold, (loved that phone) , went to a Torch 9800 (HATED that phone, due to frequent dropped calls, lockups and battery pulls) .......... The Torch locked up on me on Christmas day..... I was at work , and planned on connecting with my family and friends from there..... my address book and phone numbers, and the phone itself , was completely useless to me ........ I was pissed, and it wasn't the first time this had happened ..... the other thing that was puzzling to me , was how my BBM contact list had shrivelled in the prior 6 months from well over 50 , to about 22 ......... Most of these contacts had left for iphones or androids........ I was nearly a year away from being eligible for a hardware upgrade , so I privately purchased an international Galaxy S3 (GTi9300) running on Jelly Bean 4.1 ........ 4 months later, and I LOVE this phone...... amazing screen, NO dropped calls and no battery pulls needed .......... and I can't believe how many apps there are , that actually WORK ! My wife and son are still using their Curves with no issues, but my son REALLY wants an android now...... The playbook still sees a lot of use, it is what it is, although a lot of the surfing I did with it , can be done on the S3........ The new Z10 looks good , but for me personally, it's not enough to bring me back any time soon........
    03-04-13 11:42 AM
    I don't think I'll switch back to BlackBerry for BB10... Maybe 10.1 or 10.2, or another generation of BB.
    That's kinda where I'm at too.

Bought a Razr Maxx HD a few weeks ago, after using a much-loved 9650 for two years. BB10 is interesting, but at the time it was missing too many BBOS features I depended on (custom notifications, sound profiles, etc.). Plus it seems to have quite a few first-generation bugs, battery complaints (at the time), etc.

So I went with my first Android, since with a few apps (Light Flow is great!) it could do most of the things my 9650 did, and the battery life is amazing.

I considered an iPhone too (appreciate the elegant simplicity), but the screen seemed a bit small, and the lack of an LED was a deal-breaker.

So I'm pretty happy with my Razr, and after reading up on Android an how it works I'm pretty impressed with it. I love how nearly *anything* can be changed with an option or app! My friend bought her Razr the same night I did, and she picked up my phone to use it recently and said, "Wait... your phone doesn't look anything like mine! How do I use this?" lol. Amazing the same phone can be customized so much for an individual that another owner doesn't even recognize it.
    BergerKing likes this.
    03-20-13 09:47 AM
    That's kinda where I'm at too.

Bought a Razr Maxx HD a few weeks ago, after using a much-loved 9650 for two years. BB10 is interesting, but at the time it was missing too many BBOS features I depended on (custom notifications, sound profiles, etc.). Plus it seems to have quite a few first-generation bugs, battery complaints (at the time), etc.

So I went with my first Android, since with a few apps (Light Flow is great!) it could do most of the things my 9650 did, and the battery life is amazing.

I considered an iPhone too (appreciate the elegant simplicity), but the screen seemed a bit small, and the lack of an LED was a deal-breaker.

So I'm pretty happy with my Razr, and after reading up on Android an how it works I'm pretty impressed with it. I love how nearly *anything* can be changed with an option or app! My friend bought her Razr the same night I did, and she picked up my phone to use it recently and said, "Wait... your phone doesn't look anything like mine! How do I use this?" lol. Amazing the same phone can be customized so much for an individual that another owner doesn't even recognize it.
    That's one of those things about an Android, even some of the 'stock' material can look baffling to someone with a highly customized handset. I don't use a lot of widgets, and I deleted one of the carousel pages to go to six, and each page has unique functions.

Since Sprint nixed the Z10, I'll be holding off to see what the next series brings. Not interested in a small screen QWERTY, anymore, really.
    03-20-13 10:15 AM
    I got my Nexus 4 today
    So long carrier updates, buh-bye OEM skins!
    03-24-13 12:03 AM
    I got my Nexus 4 today
    So long carrier updates, buh-bye OEM skins!
    Welcome to the pure Google team.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
    lssanjose and AbuYazeedUK like this.
    03-24-13 07:02 PM
    just sold my android. reactivatd bold and love it!
    04-01-13 09:10 PM
    You obviously knew that your post isn't the purpose of this thread. A person would have to be dense as a mountain not to.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
    04-03-13 07:57 PM
    Wow lol. What do u love on that pos????

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy Nexus rockin 4.2.2 using Tapatalk 2
    04-03-13 09:26 PM
    I got my s3 oced at 1.8ghz and it goes ******* great (using siyah kernel) well te battery consumption on games it's amazingly high but it 2 spare batteries u can make the day easly with this awesome machine

Sent from my GT-I9300 using CB Forums mobile app
    06-08-13 10:05 AM
    Yep, not too long ago I had a Q10 in hand but returned it to TMobile due to a slight defect in the spacebar (it worked but the tactile feel of the edges weren't to my liking)... then I came across the Nexus 4 online deal, and I must say that I'm impressed! I really, really hope the Android Runtime update for BlackBerries makes sideloaded apps run buttery smooth!

I still rock the PB daily with the 9310 as my keyboard/media player while my rooted TouchPad gathers dust...

Sent from my "Crackdroid" Nexus 4 using CB Forums App
    07-15-13 10:27 AM
    I got my s3 oced at 1.8ghz and it goes ******* great (using siyah kernel) well te battery consumption on games it's amazingly high but it 2 spare batteries u can make the day easly with this awesome machine

Sent from my GT-I9300 using CB Forums mobile app
    Yeah I'm oced at 1.5ghz and twisted metal 2 runs great.

Sent from my T-Mobile LG Escape using Tapatalk 2
    09-01-13 07:13 PM
863 ... 333435
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD