I have the opportunity to get the Captivate via warranty exchange since I'm one my 4th 9700 and trackpad is erratic. I don't know what to do, I love BB, but maybe this is the change I need. Any thoughts are welcomed.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-11-10 11:29 PM
    OK maybe I missed this in the 39 pages of posts I had to sort through (actually I'm sure I did_lol) I was told by someone at Verizon corporate (who helped me get my BB issues straightened out) that she has a Bold 9650 (like I did) and a the first touch screen Droid.

She had to load something called App Killer? I may have the name wrong but it stops apps from running in the background on the Droid since unlike BB, you CANNOT remove apps you don't use. Like we could with the DM. ie: I never used Word to GO so I deleted it from the BB's.

This app stopping thing has been mentioned by 2 other people since I originally heard of it.

Here's the question: The lady who had the App Killer/Stopper on the first touch Droid Verizon released, said the App Killer drainer her battery faster than the running apps.
    Has this been changed since that phone was released?
    Do Droid 2 owners feel this App Killer is a "must have" application?
    How long do you get from a fully charged battery?
    My time is spent more on email and internet, only 300 minutes a month on phone calls. I am planning to order a spare battery as I've always had spares for my BB's.
    BUT didn't like reboot time and re-setting some items so tried not to pull battery if didn't have to.

So what have you found are things every Droid 2 owner must have To optimize the phone?
    For example: full case or screen cover (I'm a stickler for keeping my phones looking nice), any snap on cases get in the way of keyboard access? How do you "back-up" your Droid 2 or save your calendar, contact, and phone settings?
    What did you add to your phone or remove (if possible) to make it run smoothly and efficiently?

Lastly, where is the internal phone antenna located? I have signal issues when on a phone call in my home. This NEVER happened during the 2 years I used my Curve 8330. But the Tour 9630 and Bold 9650 dropped calls, had "delay" when I spoke (like reverb), and would here a landline stuttering sound while on a call. But ONLY in some places of a one story house.
    And let me stress again, the Curve never had that issue and I have not moved nor has there been any walls, fences, any changes made that may block the signal.
    Husband using 8330 on Sprint and gets signal all over the house?
    He can't get signal in a elevator like I can with Verizon but at home I have to use his cell phone?? And he's paying a lot less for the same minutes.
    Oh well I'm hoping Droid will have a different technology or even antenna placement and I can call my clients from my desk in the house vs. sitting outside with my laptop in 100 degree heat-lol.

Any feedback I haven't mentioned is greatly welcome. Post or PM me if you have any advice on starting to use the Droid 2.

I really appreciate all of your Previous posts and your help/ advice.
    Thanks so much!!

10-12-10 09:09 AM
    Just got my incredible coming from S2. Off the bat the speed of the device is amazing. Don't know what took me so long smh

10-15-10 01:59 PM
    Just got my incredible coming from S2. Off the bat the speed of the device is amazing. Don't know what took me so long smh

I wish I would have choosen a phone more similar to Blackberry vs. Droid. It's a very cool phone but for people like me who aren't tech savy, it's hard because no one can sit down and explain how to set up the phone so it works in a way that suits you're needs.
    The tutorials seem to be a joke (at least the one's I've seen)

They are really generalized or specific to people who already know the Droid basics.

For example, I set my screen to lock after 2 minutes but that causes calls to disconnect after the screen locks. Im told there is some other way to lock the screen so it won't hang up on people but why have 2 types of locks?

Also the speaker volume for ear piece and speaker is very quite. Then if you don't keep people on speaker or Bluetooth, you can hit the hang up button with your ear.

There are also other issues such as not being able to receive calls if you are in another program such as email or non_data things like a notepad.

I also don't like having my email sync. The folders from yahoo are on the phone which I personally hate and if you delete email from the phone it deletes on the computer as well.

Maybe there are ways to change those issues but you have to Google them one by one and hope the answers actually work on your device.

Good luck, I'm sure you aren't tech stupid like me so you'll LOVE whichever new gadget you pick.

I wish someone told me the" Droid is a fun phone like the Iphone but not good for a work phone" before I made my selection. And that quote is from a tech person at Verizon.

So it's back to an old Curve 8330 until I have time to figure out basic operations of the Droid. I wasn't even able to get my calendar transferred so I have to carry both phones anyway lol.
    10-15-10 03:06 PM
    I wish I would have choosen a phone more similar to Blackberry vs. Droid. It's a very cool phone but for people like me who aren't tech savy, it's hard because no one can sit down and explain how to set up the phone so it works in a way that suits you're needs.
    The tutorials seem to be a joke (at least the one's I've seen)

They are really generalized or specific to people who already know the Droid basics.

For example, I set my screen to lock after 2 minutes but that causes calls to disconnect after the screen locks. Im told there is some other way to lock the screen so it won't hang up on people but why have 2 types of locks?

Also the speaker volume for ear piece and speaker is very quite. Then if you don't keep people on speaker or Bluetooth, you can hit the hang up button with your ear.

There are also other issues such as not being able to receive calls if you are in another program such as email or non_data things like a notepad.

I also don't like having my email sync. The folders from yahoo are on the phone which I personally hate and if you delete email from the phone it deletes on the computer as well.

Maybe there are ways to change those issues but you have to Google them one by one and hope the answers actually work on your device.

Good luck, I'm sure you aren't tech stupid like me so you'll LOVE whichever new gadget you pick.

I wish someone told me the" Droid is a fun phone like the Iphone but not good for a work phone" before I made my selection. And that quote is from a tech person at Verizon.

So it's back to an old Curve 8330 until I have time to figure out basic operations of the Droid. I wasn't even able to get my calendar transferred so I have to carry both phones anyway lol.
    I can understand where you are coming from. I'm a tech junkie/ programmer so learning the nuances of the device is actually fun for me. Even in the early stages I see the potential of the device once mastered. Just a matter of getting rid of old habits.

10-15-10 06:24 PM
    See I swear I'm the most ignorant person when it comes to technological devices-LOL!

I mean Verizon gives me a new phone 8 months into my contract, it's more expensive than the Tour I had, and I can't figure this awseome piece of technology out. I certainly am NOT complaining. They did right by me and I'm sure if someone walked me though the set up (the way I would like it to be) then I would agree the Droid 2 rocks!

Even would pay someone to do it but how do you find someone who really knows the phone?

At least with Blackberry, Verizon had classes you could take which really helped me at least get a good base knowledge for the phone. The rest came with time but at least I knew what an OS was and what certain functions were named.

Now I help new BB users get up and running. So I can learn it and understand it once I'm taught.

Then I can come here and learn the fun stuff from all you folks who are like tech angels to me-lol. Seriously, everybody is so helpful!

I'll just plug away and keep list of things I want to learn and then when I'm more comfortable ; I'll switch back to the Droid2.

At least my 11 year old LOVES the sound effects like the Droid ringtone, cool wallpapers, and of course Need for Speed. He says "mom that's a way better game than Brickbreaker"-lol. OMG kids are so funny!
    Thanks for the feedback and congrats on finding a Droid 2 for$ 150!!! If I sell mine, wont be for anything close to$ 150. Ebay rocks.
    10-16-10 10:52 AM
    I am the newest switch over from RIM to an Android, picked up the HTC EVO.

I've only had it long enough to get minor things set up, but just from that alone I can already tell that I am not missing my BB one bit. Android truly lets you customize your phone the way you want it.

I am amazed at the speed of using multiple apps.

So glad I finally made the switch instead of waiting for BB to come out with a break through phone.......
    10-18-10 12:27 PM
    I received my Droid 2 yesterday and the first hour was thoroughly disgusted because it was so different from the Blackberry. And I had no idea what I was doing. Now after several hours of playing with it, now I am loving it. I will never switch back to another blackberry. Being a newbie, I do have a few questions. Even if you can direct me to the right areas to look than I would be grateful. Like for example, what is the best app to help save your battery life or the best way to do that? And I think that is all for now! LOL

10-19-10 08:50 AM
    Retired the Tour and bought a Droid X last night. Only had an hour or so to play with it so I still have a lot to learn. What I like so far: The screen. I had to show my girlfriend a picture I had on my Tour, after using the X for only one hour I could not believe the HUGE difference.

-The browser is miles ahead of Black Berry. Using Google Reader is night and day difference.

What I'm Missing or dislike: BBM. This is the reason I was hanging on to my Black Berry longer then I wanted to. People say use Google Talk, its the closest thing to BBM. I've been using Gtalk for a long time, and while I like it, it's NOT a BBM replacement. Not being able to share pictures with my family and friends is going to be the thing I miss the most.

-I prefer the spell check on Black Berry. But I must say the predictive text on the Droid is pretty good.

-Whats up with the super short charging wire? I have to stand on top of my wall to use the phone when it's charging.
    10-26-10 06:49 AM
    just switched a few hours ago from the Storm 2 to the Fascinate and so far so good. I am still trying to find my way around this phone but from what i have seen so far, i think i will be happy with it.
    10-27-10 05:20 PM
    It took long enough, but finally am rocking android samsung galaxy s mesmerize from uscc. Gave the wife the bb, the mesmerize is the same as the verizon fascinate except with google, no bing. Sweet device coming from a 8330 curve. Call quality is excellent, reception is good, havn't used gps yet, wifi is a bonus, swype is way cool.

10-28-10 10:38 PM
    Just ordered a Droid X. Let's see what happens.
    11-01-10 11:15 PM
    Retired the Tour and bought a Droid X last night. Only had an hour or so to play with it so I still have a lot to learn. What I like so far: The screen. I had to show my girlfriend a picture I had on my Tour, after using the X for only one hour I could not believe the HUGE difference.

-The browser is miles ahead of Black Berry. Using Google Reader is night and day difference.

What I'm Missing or dislike: BBM. This is the reason I was hanging on to my Black Berry longer then I wanted to. People say use Google Talk, its the closest thing to BBM. I've been using Gtalk for a long time, and while I like it, it's NOT a BBM replacement. Not being able to share pictures with my family and friends is going to be the thing I miss the most.

-I prefer the spell check on Black Berry. But I must say the predictive text on the Droid is pretty good.

-Whats up with the super short charging wire? I have to stand on top of my wall to use the phone when it's charging.

Give this program an honest look LiveProfile — Stay Connected — BlackBerry Messenger Alternative. It really is like BBM. It actually gives you a PIN number like blackberry has to pass around and give. Another good thing about it, is that you can check an option to connect automatically. That means its always on like BBM. Very soon there will be support for blackberry and iphone so you will be able to talk across all platforms
    11-03-10 07:26 PM
    Finally got my Droid X mid September and just rooted it lol, loving it but I miss bbm...otherwise ITS AMA-ZUH-ZING
    11-04-10 09:29 PM
    I finally gave up my BB Tour and got an HTC Desire last night. I'm still suffering from BBM withdrawal but I'm impressed with the HTC Sense UI.

I know there are a few really nice Android fones coming down the pipe, but I couldn't wait any longer!
    11-05-10 02:59 PM
    My Motorola Droid, just arrived a couple of hours ago. I can't believe I didn't pick this phone when my upgrade was available last year. I've been fiddling with it for a little, and loving it.
    11-05-10 03:21 PM
    Finally got the EVO (Sprint opened up sales to employees and SWAC last week). FINALLY.

Even though I humbly consider myself very knowledgeable of Android devices, I am still impressed.
    11-07-10 07:48 AM
    got my evo4g a week ago i am inlove <3
    11-07-10 02:19 PM
    Man, so many things I can do on the phone, just a thing of beauty.
    11-07-10 05:28 PM
    Finally after 8 POS Storm 1 and 2's in less than 2 years Verizon has switched me out to a Droid Incredible for free! I am actually excited to be rid of this POS.
    11-08-10 06:29 AM
    Finally after 8 POS Storm 1 and 2's in less than 2 years Verizon has switched me out to a Droid Incredible for free! I am actually excited to be rid of this POS.
    What was the split among your 1, and 2's, even, or bias towards one model? Nice of VZW to switch you out like that. Maybe I should have done something, but my s2 was working sufficiently, so I had no argument, ha ha.
    11-08-10 10:16 AM
    I ditched the blackberry for an android! Still getting used to the keyboard but this phone is amazing! So many things that it can do I'm loving my wallpaper also. I get to see megan fox in a big screen now! I switched over from the 9000 tp the g2. Glad I made the change although I do have to say that the battery life isn't as awesome as the blackberry's but I bet after a few changes in the settings it'll have better battery life

11-08-10 10:24 AM
    Screen size does spoil ya, doesn't it? i thought I could live off my 24" LCD monitor for TV viewing, until my parents bought me a 42" for Christmas. I don't know how I can live with anything smaller.
    11-08-10 11:34 AM
    What was the split among your 1, and 2's, even, or bias towards one model? Nice of VZW to switch you out like that. Maybe I should have done something, but my s2 was working sufficiently, so I had no argument, ha ha.
    Oh man Verizon has one big f*ing sense of humor.....I wait around all day for my incredible to arrive, and when it finally does at 2:53 I open it up pull out the droid battery, unwrap the cardboard coffin and what to I behold.....a storm 2. Oh man I blew their customer service line up, so they overnighted me the incredible should be here today.

And the spread was 3 Storm 1's and 5 Storm 2's the 5th storm 2's camera didnt work right out of the box. I liked the screen on the storm 1 it was silent, and over all the performance on the storm 2 was a lot better but just not up to par imo. It would get slow and freeze. I will praise the email though, its almost instant.

Here is hoping the incredible is well.....incredible
    11-09-10 05:56 AM
    It's like a stork delivering the wrong baby, ouch!
    11-09-10 09:56 AM
863 ... 2223242526 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD