Well, if anyone cares...........

AOL finally went Android. New Official AOL IM app is now in the market place. Seems to be working well. Stays connected, appropriate sized emoticons... etc etc...

Now if Yahoo would just get it together, THAT would rock... Meebo is seriously gettin old...
    02-10-10 04:56 PM
    I was wondering why there wasn't an AIM app yet, especially when Android is now like 20% of the smartphone market share.. I'll download in a few minutes and see how it is.
    02-10-10 06:01 PM
    Yeah, all the non official ones sorta suck in some way...

I kinda prefer AIM having that control over my AIM passwords etc than these lil app developers or the ebuddy's of the world. etc And they all usually disconnected after a while....

It's a shame no one app that conglomerates them does really well. Meebo is close. Surprised Trillian doesn't do an app.
    02-10-10 06:24 PM
    sweet. thanks for the heads up, i'll check this out
    02-10-10 10:26 PM
    meebo works great already but i'll try to aim app
    02-11-10 03:52 AM
    and thank you OP for the AIM notification
    02-11-10 03:55 AM
    Meebo does work well for me lately and is finally now staying connected fairly well. However, on the Droid screen, the emoticons are like 1/16th of an inch diameter though, haha...
    02-11-10 05:45 AM
    Yea the AIM app is very good, it also integrates with Facebook chat and works very well. Only downfall is that it does drain the battery quite a bit if you stay connected, once they manage battery better it will be great!
    02-11-10 07:13 AM
    Well, if anyone cares...........

AOL finally went Android. New Official AOL IM app is now in the market place. Seems to be working well. Stays connected, appropriate sized emoticons... etc etc...

Now if Yahoo would just get it together, THAT would rock... Meebo is seriously gettin old...

Yayyyyyyyyy!!!! Finally! Thanks for the 411. Good looking out.
    02-19-10 10:42 PM
    Certainly, I search everyday for this stuff, and I figure most people don't haha... Had to spread the word.

I'm digging ti so far. Does seem to eat battery a bit, and some connection stuff. But, overall, pretty excellent. Now for Yahoo....
    02-20-10 09:49 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD