Ok here goes for all of u who are going to get the Droid.
    Have u considered the HTC Passion that is rumored to
    come in Dec/Jan.
    Why are u choosing the Droid; is it because u prefer
    a physical keyboard, the specs on the Moto will make
    it almost comparable to the Passion. The slightly higher
    resolution and the glass screen, and the overall build
    quality. Or u simply just can't wait.
    Now please I know some may jus wanna jump in.
    But only those who are seriously going to buy the Moto Droid.....
    Let the posting start................................
    11-03-09 10:30 PM
    I'm willing to bet the Passion will be available before Christmas.

I'll get the Droid a month before so I can return it if the Passion is better. I like the glass screen and I haven't exactly liked any of the other HTC phones I've played around with.
    11-03-09 10:35 PM
    I can't wait plus we don't know what it will look like. The pics floating around look ugly to me especially the trackball. But that's not suppose to be final. Then there's the processor debate. Will it have a graphics chip besides the Snapdragon....open gl....etc
    11-03-09 10:37 PM
    I've watched all of the reviews. Did the comparisons. Read absolutely everything I could find on the Droid. Translation: I can't wait!

It's hard enough waiting until Friday!
    11-03-09 10:42 PM
    i just cant wait man , but if the passion is good enough i just will pick that up too
    11-03-09 10:47 PM
    What can I say, I like Motorolas.

The reviews all say the build quality is top-notch, the call quality is good. I never use the camera much on a cell phone.

The screen is a big plus on the Moto Droid. The questionable performance of the Snapdragon, especially in regard to battery consumption, is a big unknown. It is possible that the battery would have to be massive, or the Snapdragon might have to be underclocked to get acceptable performance as far as battery life/heat are concerned. Of course I am just speculating.

If I hate the keyboard on the Droid, that will most likely be a deal breaker though. I returned the Tour because I hated to type on that keyboard, even after 2.5 weeks on it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-03-09 10:48 PM
    From what I have seen so far, the 1GHZ Processor sucks the battery quite bad with the addition to a large screen. So the Passion in my eyes could have a faster processor than the Droid, but managing your battery will be very difficult.

Plus like everyone else, I can't wait anymore.
    11-03-09 10:52 PM
    Hopefully they announce it within the 30 days of me owning the Droid. If it looks good enough i'll go back to my dreaded storm for a few weeks until it releases.
    11-03-09 10:53 PM
    I would cop the Passion over the Droid, but I just cannot wait until then. I'm desperate to throw my storm into the drawers.
    11-03-09 10:54 PM
    all of this storm hate, i'm assuming you're talking about the S1 not the S2, correct? cuz the majority of feedback i've been reading on the S2 has been positive...
    11-03-09 11:01 PM
    ^1. Have yet to play with the 2, but I will tomorrow along with the Droid.
    11-03-09 11:04 PM
    I've been eligible for an upgrade since September. Originally I wanted to get the Tour, but the issues that came with it turned me away. Then I thought about the S2. But the Droid just has too much to offer. I really dig the Android platform and how fast the Droid runs. The fact that Android is open source is what really sold me over any other platform on the market.
    11-03-09 11:15 PM
    I'm already liking the Motorola Droid - the fact it has a keypad sort of makes a difference to me... maybe because I'm used to them.

I'll also chime in on the build quality of previous Motorola's I've had - all of them have been tough and reliable, no hardware issues. I'm not familar with HTC's stuff.
    Good comment about the Snapdragon 1ghz, batterys are probably going to wizz through that thing...
    I'm impressed enough as it is with the Droid and it's chip specs.
    11-03-09 11:18 PM
    Hopefully they announce it within the 30 days of me owning the Droid. If it looks good enough i'll go back to my dreaded storm for a few weeks until it releases.
    That's my plan, hopefully more info will be available one the other handsets within the 30 days. The screen size almost sounds too big on the HTC though.
    11-03-09 11:20 PM
    I got about 5 minutes with the Droid yesterday, and I loved every moment of it. I for one thought the phone looked great based on all the videos and previews/reviews, but they don't do the phone justice at all. I'm nearly 100% sure I'll be getting it.

Note to phone developers: USE METAL ON ALL HIGH-END SMARTPHONES. Seriously, it just makes the phone ooze high quality.
    11-03-09 11:21 PM
    I've preordered mine and am counting down the days to pick it up ... reasons for switching from storm1 to droid:
    It should never take someone a year-plus to fall in love with a smartphone. Storm was like a girlfriend you wanted to break up with but couldn't
    Have you seen that droid screen? 'nuff said
    Faster processor
    More apps
    More functionality
    Physical keyboard plus touchscreen keyboard (why didn't BB already think of this)
    I'm afraid of google and want to get on its good side.
    11-03-09 11:23 PM
    I've watched all of the reviews. Did the comparisons. Read absolutely everything I could find on the Droid. Translation: I can't wait!

It's hard enough waiting until Friday!
    Same here...............
    11-03-09 11:25 PM
    Most stores have a demo unit. ^^
    Have you tried asking?
    11-03-09 11:26 PM
    I would cop the Passion over the Droid, but I just cannot wait until then. I'm desperate to throw my storm into the drawers.
    After trying to upgrade my S1 to 5.0 and killing it. I am ready to do the same or give it to my son
    11-03-09 11:27 PM
    Most stores have a demo unit. ^^
    Have you tried asking?
    I am going to stop off at the local corporate store. I went to one and they
    said they didn't have one. I do have one on hold by a friend who works for vz.
    11-03-09 11:28 PM
    Um because the droid's screen is sick, I like Android and I LOVE the fact that it's so fast scrolling through everything. I'm extremely impatient and that's my kinda phone!
    11-03-09 11:28 PM
    I want a physical keyboard and I'm a little worried about battery life with the snapdragon. so Droid for me!
    11-03-09 11:32 PM
    I'm diggin the looks of the Droid and really like the slide out keyboard. The phone just looks tough.

The Passion doesn't hold any appeal to me and I'm not too sure how the Snapdragon processor will pan out in regards to eating up the battery.

I read that they are already ahaving to turn the dial down on the clock speed and it is still a battery hog.

The one thing I REALLY dislike about my Tour is the horrendous battery life. I cannot deal with that.

Droid is a perfect fit for me and I do LOVE the styling of it.
    11-03-09 11:56 PM
    I really like the design to be honest. The device is going to hold it's own for quite a while, since many of the other Droid releases are lower specs, so I have no issues w/ another phone having slightly improved specs.

Plus, as others mentioned, I like the unified design (very flat). I'm not a fan of trackballs, etc.
    11-04-09 12:04 AM
    I would agree battery consumption is a big deal I have seen that from a couple of folks.
    I also know there will be times when a physical keyboard will come in handy.
    11-04-09 11:22 AM
36 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD