Now if i get a Moto Droid for christmas on 2 year and i dislike it can i take it back and exchange it for a different phone in 30 days besides re-stock fee like 35$? thinking if i didnt like exchange for eris.. any tips if i can do this etc,?
    12-05-09 06:17 PM
    yes, 30 days...
    12-05-09 06:20 PM
    An exchange to a different model will incur a $35 restocking fee.
    12-05-09 07:00 PM
    Some stores may let it slide so I'd try and they may wave it.
    12-05-09 07:15 PM
    Z
    Some stores may let it slide so I'd try and they may wave it.
    I wouldn't bet the farm on that. I was told about the restocking charge by the 800 number and at the store. But I wouldnt worry about returning it. It blows the doors off of any Blackberry.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-05-09 09:51 PM
    Z

I wouldn't bet the farm on that. I was told about the restocking charge by the 800 number and at the store. But I wouldnt worry about returning it. It blows the doors off of any Blackberry.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    My store has waved it for me before but again, it depends on the store like I said. You'd be surprised what managers can do for you in the store. Once I was even able to "haggle" a price on a phone. I ended up getting the curve at a 2 year price for only a 1 year contract.
    12-05-09 10:15 PM
    My store has waved it for me before but again, it depends on the store like I said. You'd be surprised what managers can do for you in the store. Once I was even able to "haggle" a price on a phone. I ended up getting the curve at a 2 year price for only a 1 year contract.
    same here i have exchanged phones before without a restocking fee...

i think its dependant on the store manager.,
    12-05-09 10:19 PM
    To avoid the restock fee, just wait 3 days after you return the device before you get a new one.
    The contract states: "A restock fee will apply if you get a new device within 3 days after return" or something like that...

I ordered my Tour over telesales, returned it via fedex within 30 days, and ordered my Droid over telesales and haggled with them to not charge me $35. They said normally I would get charged the $35 if I exchanged for a different device within 3 days, but they let it slide this time because it was 11/6 and I think they were trying to push a lot of Droids out on that day.
    12-06-09 07:40 PM
    i did not have to do this....

i was able to exhcange in the store twice with no restocking fee nor did i have to wait 30 days.

this also might have to do with my corporate account and or my VIP status. We get all kinda of extra discounts and offers that aren't available to the public.
    12-06-09 08:08 PM
    VIP accounts do not get charged processing fees (restocking or annual upgrade)
    you also get free phone book transfers (we usually wont charge for this unless you **** your sales rep off)
    Last edited by ScooterSpurs; 12-07-09 at 05:49 PM.
    12-07-09 05:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD