Perhaps Samsung and HTC should start looking for an alternative operating system.... just a thought.
    VIDGMER likes this.
    05-24-12 08:46 AM
    samsung makes the best Android hand sets, and i doubt they will ever stop.

even the flagship nexus S is a samsung
    VIDGMER likes this.
    05-24-12 09:02 AM
    As is the current flagship, the Galaxy Nexus.
    Last edited by Spotmark; 05-24-12 at 09:58 AM.
    05-24-12 09:20 AM
    I think Google will be putting out its own devices now that it owns Motorola. Google will probably make its own Nexus phones.
    05-24-12 09:36 AM
    Until android is no longer free, in a sense, there is no reason for companies to look elsewhere unless there is a better deal of some sort.
    05-24-12 09:50 AM
    I'm just highlighting that now Google can make their own devices to run their own operating system, they could put the squeeze on the competition and indeed give themselves a competitive edge.

I mean there is always Windows Phone if they have no other alternative....
    05-24-12 10:11 AM
    samsung makes the best Android hand sets, and i doubt they will ever stop
    This is very true. And being the best with hardware means they suck on the software side.
    05-24-12 01:07 PM
    This is a fairly common thought around here all of a sudden. I wonder why people think Samsung will ditch its golden goose.
    05-24-12 01:33 PM
    This is a fairly common thought around here all of a sudden. I wonder why people think Samsung will ditch its golden goose.

Think you are looking at it the wrong way round there. Google will want Motorola to become the number one selling Android phone, otherwise what's the point of taking over the company?

To play second or even third fiddle to Samsung and HTC?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk
    05-24-12 01:43 PM
    Think you are looking at it the wrong way round there. Google will want Motorola to become the number one selling Android phone, otherwise what's the point of taking over the company?

To play second or even third fiddle to Samsung and HTC?

In a word, patents. It was a move they had to make to combat the unholy alliance between RIM and Apple.

I believe the status quo will remain. Samsung and Google have a symbiotic relationship, and Samsung has done more to propagate Android than any other OEM, I believe.
    spotmark likes this.
    05-24-12 01:51 PM
    Rubin (Android creator) has said they aren't going to push Motorola to become the #1 Android manufacturer.
    05-24-12 03:34 PM
    samsung makes the best Android hand sets, and i doubt they will ever stop.

You've got to be kidding. Samsungs crap RF is practically legendary. Yeah, their handsets are fine so I guess your right about that. All I hear all over the forums is how the Gnex drops signal. I wouldn't own a Sammy for any reason.
    Moto on the other hand is practically legendary for fantastic RF. The MOST important feature in ANY phone, as all the bells and whistles aren't worth squat without it.
    05-24-12 04:34 PM
    You've got to be kidding. Samsungs crap RF is practically legendary. Yeah, their handsets are fine so I guess your right about that. All I hear all over the forums is how the Gnex drops signal. I wouldn't own a Sammy for any reason.
    Moto on the other hand is practically legendary for fantastic RF. The MOST important feature in ANY phone, as all the bells and whistles aren't worth squat without it.
    Completely agree. If anyone around here has owned both the nexus one (HTC) and nexus s/galaxy nexus (Samsung) you know that nexus one was a much better quality phone.

I know that Samsung phones have really good screens but everything else sucks. Typing on galaxy nexus you can hear the battery door making a squeeky noise every time you press a key.
    05-24-12 04:51 PM
    You're absolutely right, cbreze! Crap RF is the reason I sold my Galaxy Nexus and bought a Bold 9790. I couldn't have a decent phone conversation - most of the time.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    05-24-12 04:52 PM
    Maybe lots of users don't realise that - same as some iPhone owners. Because they use SMS, Facebook, twitter etc to communicate rather than make a call.

05-26-12 12:47 PM
    Maybe lots of users don't realise that - same as some iPhone owners. Because they use SMS, Facebook, twitter etc to communicate rather than make a call.

Even if that were empirically true, communication comes in different flavors.

Mobile post via Tapatalk
    05-26-12 01:19 PM
    I agree it does, the way we all communicate is changing, still... a friend of mine switched from a feature phone to an iPhone, he utterly regrets it as he can no longer make a call in parts of the city her previously had no problems in.

05-26-12 01:36 PM
    05-26-12 04:17 PM
    The Galaxy Nexus has been working great for me. I find it to be one of the Samsungs that dont feel like a POS.
    lssanjose likes this.
    05-27-12 10:05 AM
    I have had two HTC devices. I love my thunderbolt. I love Sense UI
    It has never let me down. Has been a very decent all around device. Still using it.

Sent from my Thunderbolt using Tapatalk
    VIDGMER likes this.
    06-07-12 07:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD