Hello. Merry Christmas.
I'm on day 6 of my 7 day phone upgrade trial. Going from a Torch to a Note 2. I love the apps/browsing/camera/watching videos. However I'm really missing the BB emailing, notification and messaging system. Is there something I can do to make it closer to BB? I'm not sure if I love this phone or not, I'm 50/50.
- 12-25-2012, 07:37 PM #2
What features exactly do you miss from the BB notifications? I've been using Android for over 2 years(BB on and off) and the notifications are one of the best IMO. Most android phones have customizable LED indicators too.
- 12-25-2012, 08:03 PM #3
I don't know what type of notification you mean but if you mean like the little red circle with a white star (on BB) then check out this thread
- 12-25-2012, 10:16 PM #4
See post above by AbuYazeed and also check out an app called Glowfly. Glowfly allows you to have a popup notification for Text Messages and you can customize the notification sound and the look of the popup for individual contacts.
Give your Android some time to get used to it. I was a BB user for many years and I hated my S3 when I first got it (and the whole Android experience). It took me at least two weeks to figure everything out. And now I cannot see myself ever going back to BB (even if BB10 is as good as it appears to be). Android just does things differently than BB and I have not found one thing that BB does any better.
- 12-30-2012, 09:40 AM #5
As far as emailing, I'm not a fan of the stock Samsung email client at all. I use a third party app called Mail Droid and I absolutely love it. There is a tiny add that appears on your unified inbox, but it doesn't show in your individual emails. I'd love to get the pro version, but it's like $17!
As you've noticed by now, the LED indicator is nearly as large and bright as on BB, and can flash different colors for different notifications. However, I can't find any setting that allows me to change the colors to my own preference. I found what events you can choose the LED setting to flash on (Settings - Display - LED) but that's it.
As far as customizing the volume of each notification on the fly, hit your volume rocker once either direction, and the volume bar will appear on the screen. Off to the right you'll see a settings gear. Tap that, and you'll get volume bars for ringtone, media, notification, and system sounds.
All of your notifications appear visually in the notification tray, as I'm sure you're aware. They stay there until you clear them out. You can clear all of them at once by tapping the clear button, or if you want to keep some to return to later but delete others, swipe the ones you want to delete off the task bar by dragging it off the screen on either direction.
Did that answer some of your questions?Everyone, everyone, stop fighting! Look unto me! I possess the blue flag! I wield the power infinite! The universal fabric is mine to unravel! My every thought becomes reality! Mountains will fall! Seas will boil! Day will be at night! People will...run...chicks'll dig me!
- 12-30-2012, 12:10 PM #7Everyone, everyone, stop fighting! Look unto me! I possess the blue flag! I wield the power infinite! The universal fabric is mine to unravel! My every thought becomes reality! Mountains will fall! Seas will boil! Day will be at night! People will...run...chicks'll dig me!
- 01-01-2013, 11:45 AM #8
$17 is quite a bit for an app. I finally broke down and spent $10 on an app. I bought DW Contacts pro and absolutely love it as a contacts manager.
- 01-02-2013, 03:28 PM #9Everyone, everyone, stop fighting! Look unto me! I possess the blue flag! I wield the power infinite! The universal fabric is mine to unravel! My every thought becomes reality! Mountains will fall! Seas will boil! Day will be at night! People will...run...chicks'll dig me!
- 01-02-2013, 05:30 PM #10
- 01-05-2013, 01:37 PM #11
- By naviwilliams in forum Site News, Feedback, HelpReplies: 33Last Post: 08-21-2013, 08:32 PM
- By naviwilliams in forum Tips, How To & FAQReplies: 322Last Post: 11-30-2011, 12:45 AM
- By naviwilliams in forum BlackBerry 8800, 8820Replies: 7Last Post: 08-21-2007, 10:58 PM
- By jestertrent in forum General BlackBerry DiscussionReplies: 1Last Post: 06-01-2007, 02:57 PM
- By Giavanna in forum IntroductionsReplies: 5Last Post: 05-31-2007, 03:16 PM