Just wondering since I'm doing research on what phone to upgrade to. It's close to impossible to find someone complain about it.
    12-07-12 12:41 PM
    Depends on how you define success. Why not just try them and get what you like instead of going for what sells the most?
    12-07-12 12:44 PM
    The size would be the only turn off i can think of. Maybe not being pure android also. I personally love my nexus 4 and galaxy nexus and think that is about as big as i want
    12-07-12 12:44 PM
    The size would be the only turn off i can think of. Maybe not being pure android also. I personally love my nexus 4 and galaxy nexus and think that is about as big as i want
    Not a pure Android? I'm a noob to Android so yeah... I'm guessing phones like Google Nexus are the "Pure Androids" right?
    12-07-12 01:05 PM
    If you mean most sales in the year, then no. GS3 and iPhone 5 will post better sales numbers in 2012 than the Note 2.
    12-07-12 01:06 PM
    Not a pure Android? I'm a noob to Android so yeah... I'm guessing phones like Google Nexus are the "Pure Androids" right?
    correct, the nexus line is pure android
    12-07-12 01:16 PM
    Ah, thought as much. Android is the only platform I have yet to experience now. It's amazing how much iPhone 5 has sold with so little done. I'm currently on a 4 don't see the big difference.
    12-07-12 01:56 PM
    If you don't want the huge screen or require s-pen then there's no reason to get one in the first place really (and a lot of people end up not using the s-pen even if they think they will)...
    12-07-12 01:58 PM
    I could use the S Pen during meetings, that's probably about it. Then again, I could use paper and pen for that. Other than that I'd probably just play around with it when I'm bored.
    12-07-12 02:33 PM
    I have the original galaxy note and find it to be my favorite phone I have ever owned. Quite simply put. I can only imagine how good the note 2 is, having only been able to use it briefly when selling it to customers. I'm likely going to skip this generations note though, being that I'm completely satisfied with the one I have now. S pen wise, I don't use it AS MUCH as I thought initially, but still quite a bit to the point where going forward it will be tough having a phone without it. Same goes for the screen size. After about one week the size becomes completely comfortable and soon after you'll realize you can't have a phone smaller ever again. I highly recommend either note 1 or 2.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2
    12-07-12 05:57 PM
    The GS3 would be the better selling phone versus the Note 2. They meet different needs. Not everyone wants to carry a phablet. Not everyone needs a digitized stylus. If you need a larger screen and are heavy into content creation, then the Note 2 is for you. I have the Note 10.1 Tablet and it is great but for my every day driver, I have a GS3 which has been updated to JB. I would have gotten the Note 2 but the size and not needing the S Pen dissuaded me from getting it. The best thing is go into a store and try it for yourself and watch review videos and web blogs as research.
    Rickroller likes this.
    12-09-12 06:09 AM
    I just got the Note 2. I previously had the GS3. Before that I had the GNex, DROID Charge, and the GS1. They were all great phones. I liked them all for various different reasons. I'm really enjoying the Note 2. I got used to the size in a week. The size is what is going to be the deciding factor for people. Again, I got used to it relatively quickly and love it. I can't imagine going down to a smaller form factor going forward. I'm afraid I'm hooked now! Specs wise, this phone is top of the line. It is extremely fast, fluid, and features rich. I used to hate TouchWiz (skin UI) in previous iterations preferring vanilla Android experience for speed and fluidity (eg, Nexus branded phones) but Samsung has finally got TouchWiz right. This is coming from a big Android geek who flashed custom AOSP (vanilla android) Roms every other day on his Galaxy Nexus. I thought I'd never go back to a skinned Android phone. The experience with TW on the GS3 was the same as I'm describing on the Note 2. If you find the Note 2 being too big, I highly recommend the GS3. The only reason I switched was because I wanted the large screen, the better hardware, and the SPen. You can't go wrong with either phone!

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
    12-15-12 11:42 AM
    I have the Note 2 as well. This is my 5th Android phone, and so far it's the best I've had so far. I would root and install custom ROMs on by other phones in order to get them to run fast and smooth, and to get rid of the awful skins the manufacturers would have on the device. Touch Wiz on the Note 2 has been a pleasant surprise. I have no need to install a custom ROM because everything works so well.
    I was liking the stock Android experience on my Nexus 7 until I got my Note. I rarely use my Nexus 7 now. The Note 2 is my go to device.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 2
    01-12-13 04:39 PM
    The size would be the only turn off i can think of.
    I feel the same. A young lad in church last Sunday was playing with a Note 2 and, while a friend and I were discussing my friends acquisition of his new GS3, he showed us his Note 2. In that context - meaning outside of being on display in a store - the Note 2 looked too huge for me. It didn't impress me at all. My friend's GS3 impressed me, though.
    01-12-13 06:37 PM
    IMO it is but it was also the WORST LAUNCH ever. Up here in Toronto, when it officially launched it was nowhere to be seen. I drove to several locations and was told that it has been delayed for 1-2 weeks but to official statement from Samsung. After the delay, the supply very was limited and carriers only sold the 1-2 they had on New Contracts and if you were lucky some sold it Outright for $699.99 to $749.99 (plus HST). My budget on Super Phones is $600 and I was close to breaking it but after two weeks I finally got it.

As they, "good things come to those who wait." It certainly is, the Battery Life is truly remarkable I can't see myself buying another Super Phone that doesn't come close to this. I get 12 hours on HEAVY usage!
    01-16-13 09:11 AM