Ok I guess that sums it up!!! Thanks
    12-13-09 07:10 PM
    From what I've heard/read, Rooting your Droid will void the warranty, and is totally unsafe. Unlike a BB, if you kill it there's no coming back.
    12-13-09 07:11 PM
    Its safe as long as you know what you are doing. Its not very hard to do it either. It does void our warranty but you could always boot in safe mode and reset to default factory settings. The same thing too if you mess up your phone. As long as u don't mess it up too badly.
    12-14-09 02:03 PM
    Whats "Rooting" your droid mean? I see the term all over, but dont know what that means. NOOB!!
    12-14-09 03:53 PM
    'Rooting' means to gain full super access to the device. You can edit and modify the files and settings that are supposed to be read only. Opens up the phone to a lot more features and customization.
    12-14-09 04:15 PM
    What do you want your phone to do that it can't already do, is the question. If it is important enough to get the phone to do something that it doesn't...then root the sucker. It is almost impossible to brick the droid, as you can screw up two of the three operations and recover. However, if you butcher all three...your done and there is no return. Root is another word for "administrator privileges" Just Like you have on your computer...that's all.
    12-14-09 04:26 PM
    'Rooting' means to gain full super access to the device. You can edit and modify the files and settings that are supposed to be read only. Opens up the phone to a lot more features and customization.
    Got it, like having root access on linux OS, duh! hahaha thanks
    12-14-09 04:26 PM
    Got it, like having root access on linux OS, duh! hahaha thanks
    Exactly, as the Android OS is based off linux.
    12-14-09 05:46 PM
    Unless you're looking to do things that simply can't be done unrooted, and can't be lived without, there's not much purpose to rooting it. imho.
    12-14-09 11:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD