Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Newbie

Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default No new BB coming soon? ERIS here I come.

Well, my new VZW contract is up, and with what seems to be no new BB's on the horizon, I thinking about jumping ship and heading over to an Android phone. I spent a lot of time with the Eris, and I like it a lot. I will keep my Storm, and maybe come back to BB one day, but I think for now, the Eri's is where its at.

Thoughts?
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    1,220 Global Posts

Eris is a good phone, but I would wait a few months and check out the Nexus One for Verizon. Thats gonna have the Eris form factor, but way more powerful. Just my 2 cents
    Follow me on Twitter: www.twitter.com/andrewbahr
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,697 Global Posts
    PIN
    30FC76A6

Tour2 is due out soon, so that negates your thread title. But if you want to go Android, feel free. I agree with Lynx though, look into the Nexus One.
    Check these out: QuickLaunch, MeterBerry, BeNexus, BerryJoose, BerryWeather, Poynt, BerryBuzz...and CB Launcher, of course!
    Follow me on Twitter
    Check out my blog
    People with iPhones are TRENDY...People with BlackBerrys are IMPORTANT
    CrackBerry Newbie

Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  

Sorry bout being in the wrong forum...

And I will have to look into the Nexus1. Thanks for the input.
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    855 Global Posts
    PIN
    Scan It!

I'll be waiting to see which one comes out first... the Tour 2 or HTC Incredible. ****, I may just go with the HTC Incredible anyway. I got time...
    "The bravest are surely those who know exactly what is before them, glory and danger alike. And yet, not withstanding, go out to meet it."
    CrackBerry Abuser

I am rockin the Eris right now but I will be moving to the Incredible when it's released. I am an HTC fan boy! Since I left BB it's all I have carried.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    1,206 Global Posts

I tried the Eris for a couple of days. It was a cool phone- I liked the UI and all the apps and such, BUT I found there was a significant amount of background noise on phone calls. I agree with the others that the Nexus one would be worth waiting for. Otherwise you might be kicking yourself.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Mr. X

Global Posts
    13,901 Global Posts
    PIN
    T of beer please!

Or, you can get a great phone now (Moto Droid), no waiting.

CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    1,381 Global Posts

I'd wait for the nexus one or htc incredible.

CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    4,893 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by xliderider View Post
    Or, you can get a great phone now (Moto Droid), no waiting.

To be honest with you, the Droid is looking better and better to me as I read more about it. There are recent updates for it that gives it more capabilities and it just seems like it is an all around great smartphone. I think that the Droid and the Nexus One may be neck and neck for the best Android device.

CrackBerry Abuser

Yes... honestly, I've grown sick and tired of the BB OS and the insanely slow browser... I am using the internet as 35-45% of my activity and the bb browser KILLS me. They are not catching up fast enough. Android is outpacing it in my opinion and shows no sign of slowing down. When BB finally gets a better browser in 1-2 years, it won't even matter anymore.

All my email is gmail anyway so that negates big issues w push / BES. I have no problems giving up BBM either as everyone on the list... i can contact through SMS or an IM client. I'm pretty much sold on switching and can't wait or the Nexus One to hit Verizon. I will be jumping boat the day it comes out Can't wait!!
    badabing badaboom
    CrackBerry Addict

PIN
    EAPPLE

Quote Originally Posted by dman91 View Post
    I chose to buy the Droid because of the physical keyboard/d-pad (great for typing/emulators). If you root a Droid and overclock it to around 800MHz - 1GHz, it's basically the same as a N1 besides the physical keyboard.

Just curious but have you by any chance ever tried BOLT or Opera Mini? Those browsers are much better than the BB browser and good for casual browsing. I can understand you're frustration with the BB browser.
    Agreed, or if you feel like going for a meltdown, you can even go to 1.3Ghz, and no not even the Nexus Snapdragon can go to those frequencies lol.
    Portfolio | My Twitter
    -------------------------------------------------
    Phone: Samsung Fascinate
    Rom: Stock Deodexed 2.1
    Recovery: CM 2.5.1.0
    Kernel: JT's 1.2GHz Voodoo Enabled + AOSP Boot Anim.
    Theme: Remix
    -------------------------------------------------
    Phone: Motorola Droid 1 [SOLD]
    Theme: Dark Edge
  13. BzB
    CrackBerry Master

Quote Originally Posted by RickyRoss10 View Post
    Tour2 is due out soon, so that negates your thread title.
    lol @ considering the tour2 a new phone. slapping a trackpad and wifi on last year's model isn't really a new phone now is it?

agree with going for what's available right now. the moto droid is really starting to come into its own and it's only going to get better.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Just curious but have you by any chance ever tried BOLT or Opera Mini? Those browsers are much better than the BB browser and good for casual browsing. I can understand you're frustration with the BB browser.
    Yes, I have but I sitll have issues with my memory on the 9530 and I have to delete a few apps (cant have more than like 10 installed) or else i get the clock symbol 24/7. I was debating between the Storm2 and Android but the customization available on the Android really grabs me. I LOVE tinkering with themes, apps, widgets, etc. Do too much of that on the storm and back to the hour glass
    badabing badaboom
    Mr. X

Global Posts
    13,901 Global Posts
    PIN
    T of beer please!

If you want apps/games, Android is for you.

I have over 40 apps and games installed on my Droid.

CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    1,614 Global Posts
    PIN
    30DD5693

The Droid is awesome. I'd still have mine if I didn't get a freeby Tour and line. But I do have to admit. I love my Tour.

CrackBerry Abuser

I'm definitely checking out the HTC Incredible. It looks pretty sick. If not, I'll wait and see what comes out this fall.

CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    pMessenger PIN: DF9C0AB7

I chose to buy the Droid because of the physical keyboard/d-pad (great for typing/emulators). If you root a Droid and overclock it to around 800MHz - 1GHz, it's basically the same as a N1 besides the physical keyboard.

dman91 come on you know the bolt and opera mini browsers are still disgusting visually compared to what any android device is putting out.

CrackBerry Abuser

honestly if you can get the droid. i would take it over the eris, the eris processor just isn't tough enough to be a contender
    iPhone 4 on 4.2.1 Pwntool
    VZW Fascinate FS http://forums.crackberry.com/f14/wts...cinate-589436/
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    pMessenger PIN: DF9C0AB7

True, but they're still a lot better than the BB browser. I'll advise any BB user to use them over the BB browser any day. I can't see the BB browser being decent for anything besides mobile viewing.
    Can't agree with you more