Jeez, 700 for the N1 still..
    That's because not many people have it, and those that do want to make some money on it.
    12-19-10 09:45 AM
    New Google Nexus One Unlocked AT&T 3G PB99110 - eBay (item 260706948228 end time Dec-18-10 21:25:11 PST)

This n1 is about to sell for $700 that's nuts. Especially since it was a failur.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Hmm... I'm sure limited availability has nothing to do with it at all....
    12-19-10 12:29 PM
    Limited availability? Its a phone

12-19-10 02:42 PM
    Limited availability? Its a phone

For real man? N1 aren't shipping out like they use to. Of course it is going to be expensive on eBay. The iPhone, which you can buy at the majority of AT&T stores and all Apple stores sells for.... $915

Brand New Apple iphone 4 Black 32GB Factory Unlocked - eBay (item 250743031143 end time Dec-19-10 15:46:13 PST)

New AT&T Apple Iphone 4 4G Black (32GB) Factory Sealed! - eBay (item 110624992948 end time Dec-19-10 18:38:22 PST)

When a device is hard to get is a lot more expensive.
    12-19-10 05:54 PM
    why is the original nexus still in the discussion? you can't even use it on a good carrier. lol

and the nexus s is nice, but why buy it now and settle for less when you know for a fact LTE is right around the corner? if you need an android phone to hold you over buy a cheap one and save the money for the big dawgs coming out in a few months time. right?
    12-20-10 02:22 PM
    why is the original nexus still in the discussion? you can't even use it on a good carrier. lol

and the nexus s is nice, but why buy it now and settle for less when you know for a fact LTE is right around the corner? if you need an android phone to hold you over buy a cheap one and save the money for the big dawgs coming out in a few months time. right?
    If you want one that is locked down to the most expensive carrier, and have to worry about lock bootloaders and MotoBlur, then you by all means go with BigRed. Just keep in mind if it wasn't for T-Mobile Android wouldn't be Android as we know it today....
    12-20-10 02:35 PM
    The thing that makes it better is direct updates form Google. So while the hardware may not be anything spectacular since it's basically just a SGS, the development and direct updates is what makes this device the best Android device out on the market right now.

The N1 was the best for a while as well until more efficient hardware came out. The NS will be the best (in the US) until Tegra 2 devices come to the US.
    And thats just around the corner
    12-20-10 04:48 PM
    If you want one that is locked down to the most expensive carrier, and have to worry about lock bootloaders and MotoBlur, then you by all means go with BigRed. Just keep in mind if it wasn't for T-Mobile Android wouldn't be Android as we know it today....
    Google is why android is. Verizons/lucas/motorola made a bigger impact on what it is today. I give t mo props, and I like what they do, but if I told you t mo made android what it is today, I would be frauding you greatly.
    12-20-10 05:14 PM
    Cyborg, I am sure you meant that verizons latest motorola devices (droid is hackable to no end) are locked bootloader wise, but you didn't mean blur was locked in lol. I know you know there are several UIs you can apply instead.

I still want want a nexus s brother but on VZW, I have to settle for LTE and T2 in the pipe ....
    12-20-10 05:45 PM
    I've been playing with my nexus s now for 4 days and I can't see myself on any other phone or carrier. I hate AT&T crap, would hate verizons more, sprint is not for me, but tmobile just provides service for their devices and I have no issues with them. If you don't own a nexus s I would recommend you buy yourself out of whatever contract you are in and go pick one up. It's that good!
    12-21-10 02:35 AM
    Google is why android is. Verizons/lucas/motorola made a bigger impact on what it is today. I give t mo props, and I like what they do, but if I told you t mo made android what it is today, I would be frauding you greatly.
    T-Mobile introduced the G1 in late 2008 and the HTC Magic (MyTouch3G) in early 2009. And the hacker community instantly grabbed onto these phones with the open source idea and with kernel based system people understood that the options for these phones is ultimately endless. T-Mobile is the GRANDFATHER of Android. T-Mobile made it what it is. Why do you think 99.9% of all of the Lords of Hackery use T-Mobile. Verzion did push android into the next stage of the Android Evolution. And did bring it to the masses with the Droid line. But the the locked bootstaps of most of their Moto devices, which are the most popular the hackery that stands today wouldn't be if that was our true "starting point". You can defend Big Red all you want, and i do not contest their force in the Android market. But i look at it this way... and it's a really nerdy way to do it.

Big Red = Luke SkyWaker
    T-Mobile = Master Jedi Yoda.

one was TRAINING in the ways of the force while has MASTERED the for ways of the force.
    12-21-10 07:46 AM
    Cyborg, I am sure you meant that verizons latest motorola devices (droid is hackable to no end) are locked bootloader wise, but you didn't mean blur was locked in lol. I know you know there are several UIs you can apply instead.

I still want want a nexus s brother but on VZW, I have to settle for LTE and T2 in the pipe ....
    I know MotoBlur isn't locked down. I've have the misfortune of stating that i've used motor blur. And it's a HORRIBLE UI. If there wasn't AWDLauncher and LauncherPro i would of returned my Moto in a new york second.
    12-21-10 07:57 AM
    awww...don't be so sensitive tmobile guy. it was just some harmless teasing.

also...none of my android phones on vzw have had a locked boot loader and i've had two of the highest rated handsets on vzw (the d1 and the incredible)...i gladly pay more for better service/coverage...if tmobile didn't break android then another carrier eventually would have, and if it were left only to tmobile then android definitely wouldn't be where it is today, but we already know that...

and btw i still have work phones on tmobile and every single one of our reps complain about how spotty their service is.
    12-21-10 12:53 PM
    awww...don't be so sensitive tmobile guy. it was just some harmless teasing.

also...none of my android phones on vzw have had a locked boot loader and i've had two of the highest rated handsets on vzw (the d1 and the incredible)...i gladly pay more for better service/coverage...if tmobile didn't do break android then another carrier eventually would have, and if it were left only to tmobile then android definitely wouldn't be where it is today, but we already know that...

and btw i still have work phones on tmobile and every single one of our reps complain about how spotty their service is.
    Okay okay okay, this battle will go round and round and round. For me, where i live, T-Mobile > Big Red.
    12-21-10 12:55 PM
    ^ excellent for you, but if you ever leave your house be prepared to service issues. lol! okay, i'll admit that was kind of immature considering you were trying to move on. as long as you're happy that's all that matters right...?

too bad the nexus s couldn't have come out a few months earlier or a few months later. being released right on the cusp of a 4g/LTE war just seems dense. like bringing a spatula to a gun fight. lol
    12-21-10 01:25 PM
    ^ excellent for you, but if you ever leave your house be prepared to service issues. lol! okay, i'll admit that was kind of immature considering you were trying to move on. as long as you're happy that's all that matters right...?

too bad the nexus s couldn't have come out a few months earlier or a few months later. being released right on the cusp of a 4g/LTE war just seems dense. like bringing a spatula to a gun fight. lol
    Not really. The Nexus phones have always been a Dev Phone. In the midst of having the LTE War going on, the Dev Phones will always have a good pull due to the fact that people want OPEN vanilla Android. Why do you think Cyanogen is so big right now? People are sick of the MotoBlur, HTC Sense, MySense and all of that other garbage out there. They are targeting the nerdier class of consumers.
    12-21-10 02:01 PM
    Another vote for Cyanogen. It's really allowed me to customize my phone as far as I've taken it. I might look for something with ext4 support some day. If they ever put JFS support in adb, I'm definitely jumping in.
    12-21-10 02:08 PM
    Not really. The Nexus phones have always been a Dev Phone. In the midst of having the LTE War going on, the Dev Phones will always have a good pull due to the fact that people want OPEN vanilla Android. Why do you think Cyanogen is so big right now? People are sick of the MotoBlur, HTC Sense, MySense and all of that other garbage out there. They are targeting the nerdier class of consumers.
    the nexus was a big dev phone and remains popular today because it's the only vanilla android phone you can buy unlocked and use on any gsm carrier

and i can run any of those roms on my incredible or d1. i also disagree that the majority of people are sick of htc sense...maybe so for the other manufacturer skins though.

in any case where are you going with this? it doesn't change the fact that the nexus s is a day late and a dollar short in the larger scheme of things. the phone, while nice, won't be successful for the reasons mentioned already.
    12-21-10 03:07 PM
    the nexus was a big dev phone and remains popular today because it's the only vanilla android phone you can buy unlocked and use on any gsm carrier

and i can run any of those roms on my incredible or d1. i also disagree that the majority of people are sick of htc sense...maybe so for the other manufacturer skins though.

in any case where are you going with this? it doesn't change the fact that the nexus s is a day late and a dollar short in the larger scheme of things. the phone, while nice, won't be successful for the reasons mentioned already.
    I do admit the phone isn't what it's cracked up to be. [ i was the one who started this thread and said that it my opening statement ] But it's not going to flop. Alot of people claim the N1 flopped as well. I don't think it did. There are only a few handsets the truly stand the test of time. The N1 will, the iPhone will and the i hate to admit it the 9000BB will. It's not a flop, it's not a phone for the masses. There is a difference.
    12-21-10 03:14 PM
    T-Mobile introduced the G1 in late 2008 and the HTC Magic (MyTouch3G) in early 2009. And the hacker community instantly grabbed onto these phones with the open source idea and with kernel based system people understood that the options for these phones is ultimately endless. T-Mobile is the GRANDFATHER of Android. T-Mobile made it what it is. Why do you think 99.9% of all of the Lords of Hackery use T-Mobile. Verzion did push android into the next stage of the Android Evolution. And did bring it to the masses with the Droid line. But the the locked bootstaps of most of their Moto devices, which are the most popular the hackery that stands today wouldn't be if that was our true "starting point". You can defend Big Red all you want, and i do not contest their force in the Android market. But i look at it this way... and it's a really nerdy way to do it.

Big Red = Luke SkyWaker
    T-Mobile = Master Jedi Yoda.

one was TRAINING in the ways of the force while has MASTERED the for ways of the force.
    I agree, well put...
    12-21-10 03:18 PM
    Why do you think Cyanogen is so big right now? People are sick of the MotoBlur, HTC Sense, MySense and all of that other garbage out there. They are targeting the nerdier class of consumers.
    I agree, Cyanogen takes Android to another level and I don't use any other ROM. Cyanogen makes Android that much more functional than it already is. It's is the only ROM that makes the major tech blogs anytime an update is released, no other ROM has gained the that type of notoriety.

Android is best at it's simplest form. These carrier added fluff skins (motoblur, sense, touchwiz, ect..) are nothing but a hindrance when it comes to a major OS update.
    Last edited by JD914; 12-21-10 at 03:33 PM.
    12-21-10 03:29 PM
    I like Cyanogen because it forces/allows me to be creative with how my system is setup. Especially because of my particular phone, I've made good use of adb shell, and partitioning my SD card accordingly.
    12-21-10 03:31 PM
122 ... 345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD