I for one wanted to get the SexyNexy when it came out. Thought it was it was a cool looking phone but i ended up getting the Blackberry9700 for one reason or another, and now i am kick myself in the rear end for not getting it. But anyway when the N2 started to rumor about i thought. I am not going to allow this to pass me up. But i went ahead and bought the MyTouchHD, and i am really glad i made that move after seeing THIS. The only thing i am going to miss is direct updates pushed directly via Google.

So anyway do you guys think the phone is a let down? or think it's just not reached it's prime yet?
    12-17-10 09:42 AM
    so what did you acually get?...the Mytouch?......how is that device?....it acually doesnt look that bad, cause i was thinking about getting it for my niece for xmas.....and does the facetime without needing wi-fi work good?
    12-17-10 10:01 AM
    ive been looking at the nexus S for a while now on the WEb but when i went to bestbuy lastnight i forgot to check it out.....it looks nice though....what didnt u like about it?
    12-17-10 10:03 AM
    I really like my MyTouchHD, i just feel it feel at a wrong development time. with the G2 and the NexusS out i feel it'll be over looked. Heck XDA only has 2 ROMS out for it, and Cyanogen most likely has no plans on supporting it.
    12-17-10 12:27 PM
    Well the Nexus S is definitely going to get more love than the MyTouch because it is an official dev phone. It gets the most love.

The biggest complaint I have read so far about the Nexus S is that it feels cheap.
    12-17-10 12:33 PM
    Well the Nexus S is definitely going to get more love than the MyTouch because it is an official dev phone. It gets the most love.
    Did you see how easy it is to root that phone? it's something like
    adb shell
    # fastboot oem unlock
    #exit
    then just install the Recovery and you are done.
    12-17-10 12:36 PM
    Did you see how easy it is to root that phone? it's something like

then just install the Recovery and you are done.
    Yup. One of the perks of being a dev phone. It is the easiest to modify.
    12-17-10 12:58 PM
    Yeah the Nex 2 didnt blow me away either but I didnt play with it I got the G2 and I am more than happy with it.
    12-17-10 02:42 PM
    Yeah the Nex 2 didnt blow me away either but I didnt play with it I got the G2 and I am more than happy with it.
    the G2 is a nice phone.
    12-17-10 02:44 PM
    I bought nexus s and its an OK phone. Nothing revolutionary. The scree is sweet and the battery is awesome but I think its not any better than any android phone that was released in the past couple of months.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-17-10 02:54 PM
    I bought nexus s and its an OK phone. Nothing revolutionary. The scree is sweet and the battery is awesome but I think its not any better than any android phone that was released in the past couple of months.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    The thing that makes it better is direct updates form Google. So while the hardware may not be anything spectacular since it's basically just a SGS, the development and direct updates is what makes this device the best Android device out on the market right now.

The N1 was the best for a while as well until more efficient hardware came out. The NS will be the best (in the US) until Tegra 2 devices come to the US.
    12-17-10 03:10 PM

The biggest complaint I have read so far about the Nexus S is that it feels cheap.
    Most of the Galaxy S devices feel cheap. My fascinate feels more like a childs toy because of all the plastic, but its still an awesome phone.
    12-17-10 03:11 PM
    Most of the Galaxy S devices feel cheap. My fascinate feels more like a childs toy because of all the plastic, but its still an awesome phone.
    I know. I have always thought the SGS line felt cheap. Not because the device is light, but because it just feels cheap. I thought maybe Google would make Samsung build a quality device since this isn't just an "Android phone", It's a "Google phone".
    12-17-10 03:13 PM
    I know. I have always thought the SGS line felt cheap. Not because the device is light, but because it just feels cheap. I thought maybe Google would make Samsung build a quality device since this isn't just an "Android phone", It's a "Google phone".
    I think its Samsung's choice in materials for the devices. But, even so, the phones work amazingly, and the Nexus S is defenitley a welcome sight for developers and android fans everywhere!
    12-17-10 03:15 PM
    I think its Samsung's choice in materials for the devices. But, even so, the phones work amazingly, and the Nexus S is defenitley a welcome sight for developers and android fans everywhere!
    Yea. I just don't think they pick the best materials for their devices. The plastic just doesn't feel high quality. Their hardware is amazing though.
    12-17-10 03:21 PM
    If an AT&T Nexus S were to be released then I would probably get one. All reviews are basically saying that it's an excellent device but not that much of an upgrade from a Nexus One. I'm very disappointed that they didn't go the dual core route.

If a dual core Android device were to be released before an AT&T Nexus S, I would probably go that route but would miss being the first to get OS updates.

I love my Nexus One but the battery life is horrendous, it's like using a Ferrari or Lamborghini for daily commuting. Hopefully dual core devices will come with greatly improved battery life.
    12-17-10 03:23 PM
    Yea. I just don't think they pick the best materials for their devices. The plastic just doesn't feel high quality. Their hardware is amazing though.
    Most definitley! I want to get one, but I don't think Verizon will be seeing it coming this way anytime soon. Maybe an LTE capable Developer Phone will appear in blurry leaked images soon enough!
    12-17-10 03:44 PM
    Most definitley! I want to get one, but I don't think Verizon will be seeing it coming this way anytime soon. Maybe an LTE capable Developer Phone will appear in blurry leaked images soon enough!
    Well if VZW gets the LG Star/ x2 and the Moto tegra 2 smartphone, that would be great. Lol the new Galaxy S line will probably be out this year as well with the Orion chip.
    12-17-10 03:54 PM
    Well if VZW gets the LG Star/ x2 and the Moto tegra 2 smartphone, that would be great. Lol the new Galaxy S line will probably be out this year as well with the Orion chip.
    I'm actually hoping the Galaxy S line will kind of slow down and then stop for a bit. We've got 2 phones with the GS name out for two carriers and one for each other carrier out there. To break it down:

VZW: Fascinate, Continuum
    T-Mobile: Vibrant, Nexus S
    AT&T: Captivate
    Sprint: Epic 4G

I would like Samsung to work on what we have now and worry about other Galaxy S devices later on. Lets get Gingerbread out on the current GS devices first, then come back to working on new GS devices.
    12-17-10 04:26 PM
    I'm actually hoping the Galaxy S line will kind of slow down and then stop for a bit. We've got 2 phones with the GS name out for two carriers and one for each other carrier out there. To break it down:

VZW: Fascinate, Continuum
    T-Mobile: Vibrant, Nexus S
    AT&T: Captivate
    Sprint: Epic 4G

I would like Samsung to work on what we have now and worry about other Galaxy S devices later on. Lets get Gingerbread out on the current GS devices first, then come back to working on new GS devices.
    Most definitely. Hopefully Samsung shows they can actually support their devices. Their past shows otherwise though.
    Shermanmanman likes this.
    12-17-10 04:32 PM
    All reviews are basically saying that it's an excellent device but not that much of an upgrade from a Nexus One. I'm very disappointed that they didn't go the dual core route.
    That was a deal breaker for me...
    12-17-10 04:41 PM
    I still think that it will be a big disappointment because Google is not promoting it. There are a few ads online but they need to promote it more, otherwise it will be as unsuccessful as Nexus One was.
    12-17-10 05:12 PM
    No need to advertise, the N1 is iconic and it didn't sell very well. No other 1 year old phone sells for $500 plus on ebay.
    12-17-10 05:37 PM
    I don't think it really needs too much marketing. Like falconeight said, the N1 is iconic device, and the Nexus S will be there along side it. It won't be a device that will sit around and collect dust; it will be a big seller!
    12-17-10 05:49 PM
    Most definitely. Hopefully Samsung shows they can actually support their devices. Their past shows otherwise though.
    I think with Android though, its come down to Carrier support moreso than Manufacturer support. Verizon has so much stuff forced under the hood of the Fascinate and Continuum, its hard to push updates BECAUSE of compatibility with their proprietary programs...
    12-17-10 06:04 PM
122 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD