Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Nexus One on WiFi-only

Hey all,

I'm a BlackBerry loyalist (in the middle of a long-term AT&T contract, with the BIS service), but I'm really keen on Android phones. I write for a tech site and I cover Android phones all day and some of them are really appealing.

I'm sort of thinking about buying a Nexus One (or some other HTC phone) and just using it on WiFi. Can I do this?

I don't expect to use voice. It's just that my Bold 9000 gets kind of funky when it's on WiFi only. I can't access the App World and most apps can't connect to the internet.

So how's the Nexus One (or other Android HTC phone) on just WiFi?
  2. salomondrin

Quote Originally Posted by KevinWI View Post
    Hey all,

I'm a BlackBerry loyalist (in the middle of a long-term AT&T contract, with the BIS service), but I'm really keen on Android phones. I write for a tech site and I cover Android phones all day and some of them are really appealing.

I'm sort of thinking about buying a Nexus One (or some other HTC phone) and just using it on WiFi. Can I do this?

I don't expect to use voice. It's just that my Bold 9000 gets kind of funky when it's on WiFi only. I can't access the App World and most apps can't connect to the internet.

So how's the Nexus One (or other Android HTC phone) on just WiFi?
    It does work on WiFi only

Global Posts
    19,947 Global Posts
    PIN
    Point Accuracy

Quote Originally Posted by salomondrin View Post
    It does work on WiFi only
    I concur. I used it for the first day or so w/o a sim. Worked flawlessly.
    CrackBerry.com Mod | Retired Android Central Mod | Tech Enthusiast
    Forum Guidelines | MarketPlace Guidelines
    My Twitter | The Genesis Blog
    My Marketplace Feedback
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  

My BlackBerry acts weird when it's on WiFi-only. Apps don't work right. I was wondering if it was the same on Android devices.

Thanks to those who responded to my questions.
    Last edited by Duvi; 04-12-2010 at 08:05 PM. Reason: fixed ya all up